What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Team in the Competition

dragonv

Juniors
And I simply do not support the club's decisions in seasons past and the implications they've had for our performance. I am a St George Illawarra Dragon fan and a passionate one at that.

Yes I was posting and congratulating the players when we were winning as well as not getting overenthusiastic about putting in for 50 mins against Knights and scraping home against a tired Tigers team. I was not and am not hopeful of our chances to make the eight let alone be a force in this competition and I use this forum to put forth my points of view.

You are better off not commenting then attacking me for my opinions buddy. Or constructively tell me why I am wrong to be pessimistic right now.

Worst dragons team. Ever.

I agree - in 25 years. Not exaggerating.

Saw the interview on NRL Livestream.

Steve Price has (shows) no passion. He needs to.

He needs to kick a chair or break door. A leader who is only ever philosophical and pragmatic for too long just leads to 'I don't care'

= mediocrity

And I simply do not support the club's decisions in seasons past and the implications they've had for our performance. I am a St George Illawarra Dragon fan and a passionate one at that.

Yes I was posting and congratulating the players when we were winning as well as not getting overenthusiastic about putting in for 50 mins against Knights and scraping home against a tired Tigers team. I was not and am not hopeful of our chances to make the eight let alone be a force in this competition and I use this forum to put forth my points of view.

You are better off not commenting then attacking me for my opinions buddy. Or constructively tell me why I am wrong to be pessimistic right now.

...actually, mate you are right on the ball !

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

mate I know you're frustrated...we all are...but this is a shit thread to start...saying we are the worst team in the comp....better off posting your thoughts in the game thread instead.

inside_pass

Bench
We'll see how good Price is next year when he has more options.
Fair dinkum,the dragons came back from 18 nil down against a top 4 side and some of you still whinge and whine like little bitches!
With the roster we have and the injuries I thought we had a decent dig tonight.
You can't win every game!

bottle

Coach

Not attacking any one's opinion 'buddy'. Simply asked if you were commenting when we won a couple. You've answered that.

Some are only happy when we lose, but don't want to give credit when we win because it goes against their bias. See plenty of that in here. It was interesting all the new posters who came on board about the same time as you simply to have a bleat. Most haven't been seen again for a while, but I expect we'll see them again soon.

You can be pessimistic all you like. I prefer to look for the positives myself. Just my way.

We'll see how good Price is next year when he has more options.
Fair dinkum,the dragons came back from 18 nil down against a top 4 side and some of you still whinge and whine like little bitches!
With the roster we have and the injuries I thought we had a decent dig tonight.
You can't win every game!

the back from 18nil is credible, but should not be taken out of context. Manly, were A W F U L ...and we were worse.

Our goal line defence was woeful - again! What happened to that rock solid defence on which we built success on 2 years ago? First it was our attack that is is ineffective now our Defence is ill-disciplined.

i see little from effective coaching winning us games. The success this year has come from desperation by (individual) players - and other team's poor performances.

We have every right to call a spade a spade - even if it's "not nice". Goodness knows the Head Coach won't do it.

dragonv

Juniors
Not attacking any one's opinion 'buddy'. Simply asked if you were commenting when we won a couple. You've answered that.

Some are only happy when we lose, but don't want to give credit when we win because it goes against their bias. See plenty of that in here. It was interesting all the new posters who came on board about the same time as you simply to have a bleat. Most haven't been seen again for a while, but I expect we'll see them again soon.

You can be pessimistic all you like. I prefer to look for the positives myself. Just my way.

I admire positivity, I really do. It is a valuable attribute to possess and I will never attack anyone for being positive unless they have a hidden agenda. It's not a quality that I have mastered quite obviously but I can assure I do not whinge for the sake of it.

If I get served up dog food for dinner every night I am going to have a whinge yes. And that is what the club (I stress the word club and not players) has been serving us up. I appreciate that something is getting done about a better menu for next year but it should have happened long ago.

dragonv

Juniors
the back from 18nil is credible, but should not be taken out of context. Manly, were A W F U L ...and we were worse.

Our goal line defence was woeful - again! What happened to that rock solid defence on which we built success on 2 years ago? First it was our attack that is is ineffective now our Defence is ill-disciplined.

i see little from effective coaching winning us games. The success this year has come from desperation by (individual) players - and other team's poor performances.

We have every right to call a spade a spade - even if it's "not nice". Goodness knows the Head Coach won't do it.

Onya BFD

bottle

Coach
We were bad, particularly in the first 15-20, awful in fact.
We were also fractured. No Cooper = always going to be scary on that side defensively.
Then we lost we Morris.
We already have a make shift full back.
We were down by 18.
Prior forced to play out of position again.
Rein worst game for him this year.
A lesser team would have folded completely.
We didn't, we showed ticker and tried.
Some teams would have had 50 put on them.

NOT the worst team in the comp by a long stretch.
NOT the worst Saints team in 25 years.

We may or may not make the 8, but be guaranteed, there is plenty of dross that will finish below us.
And we are building for both this year (if things can be finalised) and next.

beecww

Juniors
We are in areal turmoil aren't we. We have a coach we're unsure about, a terrible second grade, a halves combination that must be rated amongst the worst in the NRL, we have bought one 5/8 and chasing another, we bought Beale as a fullback now we are chasing another,we are chasing Chase who was at best an average half before going overseas and paying overs for Dylan Farrell. The coach might as well just take one video at the start of the season and just replay it each week,really I do just see a certain amount of disarray in the club. I see a lack of long term planning as a real problem, blaming the salary cap is really a non event. Gasnier, Boyd, Smith, Costigan, Scott, Hornby , Young etc. have been replaced by who. Thus we have ended up with what we have.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Change the post from worst team in the competition to the most frustrating team in the competition, because they are not the worst team

jezmond

Juniors
We are in areal turmoil aren't we. We have a coach we're unsure about, a terrible second grade, a halves combination that must be rated amongst the worst in the NRL, we have bought one 5/8 and chasing another, we bought Beale as a fullback now we are chasing another,we are chasing Chase who was at best an average half before going overseas and paying overs for Dylan Farrell. The coach might as well just take one video at the start of the season and just replay it each week,really I do just see a certain amount of disarray in the club. I see a lack of long term planning as a real problem, blaming the salary cap is really a non event. Gasnier, Boyd, Smith, Costigan, Scott, Hornby , Young etc. have been replaced by who. Thus we have ended up with what we have.

I've never seen so many cliches in one post!:crazy:

beecww

Juniors

FlameThrower

Bench
Mate, I think it's now obvious that the last 14 months of signing up Fringe 1st graders, on 1 yr deals was Plan A, to sign up Bellamy, so he could waltz in to 2014, with 2013 signings as Bellamy new Master Coach, would attract great players....., but as that fell over, we now have to play catchup, as no real Plan B was in place, but either thru pure luck, we got Dugan almost signed up, and Rangi as well, we've had to fork out big $$$ for Widdop and Thompson, but let slip Jerimy Smith, who I think would have added heaps to our pack. We need to keep Weyman, he was like a bolt of energy when he came on, and if u were at the game u would have seen how much the crowd and team lifts when he is on.

dragonv

Juniors
Change the post from worst team in the competition to the most frustrating team in the competition

I'd be happy for the mods to do that if they cared to but its pretty apt when you are handed a victory by a highly ranked team and turn it down.