What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Team in the Competition

beecww

Juniors
We are in areal turmoil aren't we. We have a coach we're unsure about, a terrible second grade, a halves combination that must be rated amongst the worst in the NRL, we have bought one 5/8 and chasing another, we bought Beale as a fullback now we are chasing another,we are chasing Chase who was at best an average half before going overseas and paying overs for Dylan Farrell. The coach might as well just take one video at the start of the season and just replay it each week,really I do just see a certain amount of disarray in the club. I see a lack of long term planning as a real problem, blaming the salary cap is really a non event. Gasnier, Boyd, Smith, Costigan, Scott, Hornby , Young etc. have been replaced by who. Thus we have ended up with what we have.

RedVEddie

Juniors
We are in areal turmoil aren't we. We have a coach we're unsure about, a terrible second grade, a halves combination that must be rated amongst the worst in the NRL, we have bought one 5/8 and chasing another, we bought Beale as a fullback now we are chasing another,we are chasing Chase who was at best an average half before going overseas and paying overs for Dylan Farrell. The coach might as well just take one video at the start of the season and just replay it each week,really I do just see a certain amount of disarray in the club. I see a lack of long term planning as a real problem, blaming the salary cap is really a non event. Gasnier, Boyd, Smith, Costigan, Scott, Hornby , Young etc. have been replaced by who. Thus we have ended up with what we have.

Its easy to point the finger at who we didnt sign, but almost half our team was in the 2010 premiership winning side (soward, bmoz, nightingale, weyman, prior, merrin, hunt, fien, cooper, creagh...). Its time that these players either step up and show they still got what it takes or step aside for some new kids to have a crack and get blooded for a solid portion of this season which in my opinion cannot be salvaged given our current situation.

While i agree with the points you make, the team comprising Boyd, Costigan, Scott and Smith (and others) was not built to last. Doust and Bennett both knew it was a one and done situation that's why Bennett and the players he brought/bought were all on 3 or 4 year contracts. We now have to deal with our actions of the past, and to be honest at this stage I think we are starting to turn the corner with the remainder of this season and fresh recruits coming in next year

Well the 'experts' have come out for their circle-jerk.

Slackboy72, I'm not expert. I am another Dragon's supporter posting their opinion on this forum - probably just like you have, many more times then me.

But I have managed many different teams, from 5 to 50 people - all my life.

If I need to qualify myself everytime to avoid being labelled a 'circle jerk' at first instance, well, then the bar is set very low.

Let's hope our team improves, eh.

BennyV

Referee
quick everyone, back on the bandwagon - oust doust, ice price, sack prior, soward cant tackle, everyone sucks...

fmd, we matched one of the best teams in the comp try-for-try after being down 18-0 and after some very questionable refereeing decisions at crucial times and if Soward could kick a ball between 2 sticks, we wouldnt even be having this conversation. put the razor blades away and get ready for the next few weeks.

stg666

Juniors
I LOVE THE DRAGONS but the f**kwit sooky la la's that supposedly support our club give me the shits. go and give your [support]? elsewhere .

BradMackay

Juniors
The concern is that we are beating ourselves thru errors, poor goal kicking and missed tackles rather than other teams beating us.

God-King Dean

Immortal

bottle

Coach
Well since you put it that way GKD.
I've never considered it before, a unique perspective.

jezmond

Juniors

GKD you have to post it another 10 times for me to read it. :sarcasm:

jenninga

First Grade
quick everyone, back on the bandwagon - oust doust, ice price, sack prior, soward cant tackle, everyone sucks...

fmd, we matched one of the best teams in the comp try-for-try after being down 18-0 and after some very questionable refereeing decisions at crucial times and if Soward could kick a ball between 2 sticks, we wouldnt even be having this conversation. put the razor blades away and get ready for the next few weeks.
ALSO losing our most potent try scorer,ORIGIN winger Morris was a big blow and for the team to fight back we should be a little prouder of the team.The poor first 25 minutes cost us the game,and it was always going to be difficult with a patched up backline but we fought back well.

Puff

First Grade
On paper I think we would be close to the worst team in the comp. However, building for next year is positive, so I have hope for the future.

However, having said we have the worst team on paper, do I think we will finish last? no, I do think as a collective we are punching above our weight. 9-12th will be our ending this year. And I think for the team we have that would be a par finish.

Dudes, we're definitely shit this year. There's no two ways about it. We won't make the eight. We were always in a relegation dogfight. But 3 and 5 is still not a complete disaster. Wests Tigers are worse than we are and don't look like they're any hope of getting better. Then you've got Parramatta, Penrith and the Warriors and it's a toss up between the four of us. But we should win enough games to stay ahead of Wests Tigers and there's still a really good chance that the Scum and Manly are going to be stripped before the end of the season.

We were bad last night, no doubt. Manly were half arsed and they still had us 18-0 and were always going to get the try to pull it out of the fire when we somehow blagged it to 18 all. There will be worse results than that though. This is one of those years that you'll be telling your kids about. Like 2007, like 1997, like 1994, like the late eighties, like the Farrar years. There could even be a 0-61 or a 6-54 or a 10-70 in it somewhere.

But as long as we actually get Dugan and a halfback and another forward we could be a serious contender again by, I don't know, about Round 6 next year. Whereas Wests Tigers and Parra will be probably just as shit, Manly and the Scum will have been neutered and set back years, SBW will have gone back to rugby and Melbourne's three f****its will be another year older. I'm the massive pessimist on this forum and I certainly won't be wasting any more time watching this depressing rabble in 2013. But seriously, I'd back a Saints/Souths GF in 2014.

It's all right.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Dudes, we're definitely shit this year. There's no two ways about it. We won't make the eight. We were always in a relegation dogfight. But 3 and 5 is still not a complete disaster. Wests Tigers are worse than we are and don't look like they're any hope of getting better. Then you've got Parramatta, Penrith and the Warriors and it's a toss up between the four of us. But we should win enough games to stay ahead of Wests Tigers and there's still a really good chance that the Scum and Manly are going to be stripped before the end of the season.

We were bad last night, no doubt. Manly were half arsed and they still had us 18-0 and were always going to get the try to pull it out of the fire when we somehow blagged it to 18 all. There will be worse results than that though. This is one of those years that you'll be telling your kids about. Like 2007, like 1997, like 1994, like the late eighties, like the Farrar years. There could even be a 0-61 or a 6-54 or a 10-70 in it somewhere.

But as long as we actually get Dugan and a halfback and another forward we could be a serious contender again by, I don't know, about Round 6 next year. Whereas Wests Tigers and Parra will be probably just as shit, Manly and the Scum will have been neutered and set back years, SBW will have gone back to rugby and Melbourne's three f****its will be another year older. I'm the massive pessimist on this forum and I certainly won't be wasting any more time watching this depressing rabble in 2013. But seriously, I'd back a Saints/Souths GF in 2014.

It's all right.

Anyone saying we'd get the spoon is kidding themselves or just hate the Dragons (e.g, a fair few geniuss on the main forum). If we get Dugan in the next couple of weeks and he starts playing some decent footy, I think we can still sneak into the eight. A lot probably depends on Morris' injury-realistically, probably only Merrin & Moz are any chance of playing SOO so that'll help too. Might be a different story if Titans knock us over and we slip to 3-6, though. Will be bloody tough up there.

Old_Timer

Juniors
How long have I and others been commentating on the plight that our club now finds itself in? Calling the truth was perceived as negativity. But now it is apparently cool to state the obvious????

Our problems are many and deep rooted in the Club. But our Board responds by reappointing Price. Mind blogging to say the least.

Godz Illa

Coach
Yeah, we're in real turmoil arent we.

Our problems arent the only thing that's deeply rooted around here