What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They still don't get it

no name

Coach
AT the end of the day money doesnt make you pass, kick or catch betetr. it doesnt buy you betetr gameplans or improve commitment. the storm in my eyes are still premiers, yes they're removed from the record books for what they did but moeny didnt win them those games. there's been plenty of teams with good rosters who havent won premierships

But money can allow you to buy/keep players who can pass, kick, catch better. :roll:

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
AT the end of the day money doesnt make you pass, kick or catch betetr. it doesnt buy you betetr gameplans or improve commitment. the storm in my eyes are still premiers, yes they're removed from the record books for what they did but moeny didnt win them those games. there's been plenty of teams with good rosters who havent won premierships

This is funnier than anything in the LOL@50uff$ threads.

Evenflow

Bench
Mate, what your mob did was the worst case of rampant long term cheating in the history of Rugby League.

Where have i once disagreed with that? I'll also ask you again because you conveniently didn't (couldn't) answer me, where have i defended the rorting? Where have i once said that the rorting was all ok? Where have i said that i thought we were hard done by? Where have i said our trophies should be re-instated? If you can't find it then STFU.

You seem to be confusing me still supporting my club every bit as much now as what i did before the scandal with somehow condoning the salary cap rorting of past administration when the two things have f**k all to do with each other. Because you're as slow as f**k i'll say it once more and as clear as i possibly can, i don't condone the rorting in any way, i firmly believe those found guilty should've been dealt with much more harshly i.e criminal charges being laid and i don't feel we were hard done by with the penalties. You're clearly a halfwit but seriously, what part of that do you find so hard to comprehend?

Hooch

Juniors
The stupid thing was they didn't have to cheat to win those premierships.

I think everyone knows that a number of officials and some of the senior players who aren't dumb as a post knew what was going on. I find it hard to believe Bellamy wouldn't get a whiff either.

Ozzy

First Grade
Get over it... They played in the games, got the rings, trained hard those years and celebrated after the GF's!! Whether you agree not not, as bellamy said all the people involved over those years believe they're the premiers and you cannot change what people believe!!
With that attitude why should people get over it? When those involved will concede that their wins weren't exactly Kosher, then people might "get over it".

Ozzy

First Grade
The stupid thing was they didn't have to cheat to win those premierships.

I think everyone knows that a number of officials and some of the senior players who aren't dumb as a post knew what was going on. I find it hard to believe Bellamy wouldn't get a whiff either.
Do you think none of the players would have left if given a significant boost go their wages? GI for one probably would. Didn't he go for more money to Souths compared to the Broncos?

Tommax25

Bench
You want serious . . . how about this. The NRL sent a team to Melbourne to give AFL the shits. No-one in the League world really wanted the Storm to succeed above mediocracy.

Except of course the people given the task of trying to convince the Mexicans that there was room for a code that could not possibly threaten AFL.

The Storm succeeded above all expectations and even managed to keep themselves in the upper echelon of the code.

Along comes a coach, not unlike Griffin, who turns juniors into superstars. With stardom comes the worry that these players might be attracted to offers to split them.

We then see the arrival of an AFL ceo who thinks he's smarter than NRL administration and sees nothing wrong with cheating the cap because 'everyone's doing it'.

Everyone might be doing it but not in such a grandiose way as he proposes. How he went about it testifies to his lack of imagination.

If the Storm were performing on a par with the Roosters . . . good players but shit coaches . . . and results were only spasmodic, people would not be as incensed.

However, the NRL is faced with a team that is performing better than the rest from a hostile environment that looks like dominating in the foreseeable future.

Now we have Gallop, whose gameplan is to assure his existence becomes memorable by assuring no team dominates the limelight.

He will always scrutinise consistent winners far more than perrenial losers and finds it easier to restrict than promote.

His dreams come true when Melbourne blatantly cheat the cap with no reasonable excuse. He can now bring a runaway back to the pack and hide his shortcomings at the same time.

No matter that had Bellamy been aware of the cheating he surely would have put it to the players to shape up or ship out. He has proven he can make do with what's available.

Most Melbourne supporters are confident that the players would have stayed and played for less but nevertheless the Storm as a club cheated and were punished appropriately.

Now we come to all the histrionics which I have great satisfaction in winding up people who fail to see that nothing will change what the Storm are about.

They don't need to win 'grand finals'. The club doesn't need to take players from clubs that need them. It doesn't have to pay players exhorbitant amounts of money.

With an ounce of luck players from all teams will be paid what they're worth because of the Storm . . . it wouldn't of happened without them rorting the cap.

Players of all ages are now attracted to Melbourne because they know they will find out what their best is . . . they won't go to their graves guessing what might have been.

No matter what anyone thinks of the Melbourne Storm they are the trendsetters and it will continue that way as long as Bellamy leaves a clone when he leaves.

:lol: and what would be a reasonable excuse?

betcats

Referee

What the f**k. Can you not see the advantage they gained?

Loudstrat

Coach
Where have i once disagreed with that? I'll also ask you again because you conveniently didn't (couldn't) answer me, where have i defended the rorting? Where have i once said that the rorting was all ok? Where have i said that i thought we were hard done by? Where have i said our trophies should be re-instated? If you can't find it then STFU.
I never accused you of any of that. You simply wandered of onto that tangent on your own little hissy fit.

You seem to be confusing me still supporting my club every bit as much now as what i did before the scandal with somehow condoning the salary cap rorting of past administration when the two things have f**k all to do with each other. Because you're as slow as f**k i'll say it once more and as clear as i possibly can, i don't condone the rorting in any way, i firmly believe those found guilty should've been dealt with much more harshly i.e criminal charges being laid and i don't feel we were hard done by with the penalties. You're clearly a halfwit but seriously, what part of that do you find so hard to comprehend?
:lol::lol: Whose a slow as f*ck halfwit? You are. You have no idea. Do you have to invent the abuse you respond to?

Have a go at your first post in this thread.............
Even after all this time i still find pretty f**king funny how worked up opposition fans get in regards to how Bellyache and/or the players view those premierships :lol: Why would anyone possibly give a f**k? If you think they didn't win them and don't deserve them which is a fair assessment then isn't that all that matters?

It reminds me of how Stains fans get so worked up to the point of tears when someone rightfully says that they've only won the one premiership. If they like to add the ones before they became a merged entity then that's their prerogative but why give a f**k what other people think? They'll protest until they're blue in the face and say they don't care but you only have to look at any number of threads on the subject to see that's clearly not true.

Feel free to bitching and moaning about it though, we got a final to concentrate on this week.
You think it's funny that other fans have anger toward your club.

That's why you are a f*cktard.

Tommax25

Bench
Neither the coaches nor the players knew that the club was cheating the cap. Extensive investigations have revealed this. The coaches and players worked exceptionally hard to win the premierships - what is revealed in hindsight does not change the effort that was put in. You're not gaurenteed a premiership for having a star studded list as 06 and 08 showed. Due to the fact that it was negligence of our CEO that resulted in the title, I will always feel as though we won. I was at the games, I have the DVD's and memorabilia, and the celebrations are not any less vivid because Wikipedia puts a couple of N/A's in the 07 and 09 premiership column. You guys can think what you like and we can think what we want. Officially, they are scrapped - unofficially, they will always be ours and thats enough for me.

The only results that mean anything from 2006-2009 are the record 40-0 loss to Manly and the loss to Brisbane. That's the only reward your club got from those years. You can think that unofficially they are yours but you are wrong, and if you disagree you are arrogant. YOUR CLUB CHEATED! How is this so hard for some people?

Tommax25

Bench
Be that as it may, we only found out in hindsight that it was the negligence of our CEO that caused it. I didn't cheat, the coach didn't cheat and the players didn't cheat. The club worked as hard as any other premiership side to achieve success that year, and that deserves some credit. Fair enough if everyone from the CEO to the bootstudder knew we were cheating, but the fact was that everyone (bar a select group of executives) were oblivous to the matter until 6 months after the 09 trophy had been lifted.

Unless you're in our shoes, you have no right to tell us how to feel. I am always proud of what our club has achieved and haters can keep hating - will just make the next one so much sweeter.

I don't think you know what negligence means :roll: This wasn't some accident of administration or something like that. Your club went "right, we can only afford to pay such and such x amount under the cap. Looks like he'll sign for another club because their offers are better. f**k this, just throw money at him, we have the money so who cares if we will be over the cap". This is a rort. This denied other clubs players that the Storm used to win games, finals, and grand finals. This is cheating other clubs out of a fair chance of winning themselves so your club could have a better chance. Your club has won nothing from 2006-2009, nothing. You and your club deserve nothing but the memory of 40-0 and the loss to Brisbane from those years.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Exactly. I still laugh when I see muppets like Slater with their "Premiers 09" tats

I did have a "Melbourne Storm - Premiers 09" sticker on my car, before I repalced it with a "St. George-Illawarra Dragons - Premiers 2010" one.

Even after all this time i still find pretty f**king funny how worked up opposition fans get in regards to how Bellyache and/or the players view those premierships :lol: Why would anyone possibly give a f**k? If you think they didn't win them and don't deserve them which is a fair assessment then isn't that all that matters?

It reminds me of how Stains fans get so worked up to the point of tears when someone rightfully says that they've only won the one premiership. If they like to add the ones before they became a merged entity then that's their prerogative but why give a f**k what other people think? They'll protest until they're blue in the face and say they don't care but you only have to look at any number of threads on the subject to see that's clearly not true.

Feel free to bitching and moaning about it though, we got a final to concentrate on this week.

I knew some halfwit would draw that particular long bow. Of course Saints fans claiming 16 Premierships is exactly like Melbourne fans claiming 3. I mean, we obviously cheated to win the 11 in a row... :roll:

And by the way, we are not a merged entity. We are a joint venture. Please go and learn the difference.

stormbati

Bench
So the storm didnt cheat the cap?
FMD! No one refutes that they cheated the cap. But ANY player in the game will have the same attitude they have! And any fan will have the same attitude us storm fans have! Which is stand by our players and who gives a toss what outsiders think!
Now tell me you'd have a different approach if you're in our shoes!

Joker's Wild

Coach
There are a fair few heads buried in the sand round here. I feel for Melb supporters (mostly) but if you truly think your team has any right to those premierships then you have a serious case of denial.

They were caught cheating the rules that every team in the NRL has to abide by. Did they have to? Would those same players have stayed on lesser, legal contracts? Who can really say, the reality is the only aspect of either side of this particular argument that has grounding in solid proof is the fact that they breached the cap and had an unfair advantage over the rest of the comp.

If you cant accept this fact then you are only kidding yourselves

Gippsy

Bench
In all seriousness is that how you think the Storm attracts juniors? Is it not possible that every other team had the same opportunity to grab the 'big 4 or 5'?

Um...Yes.

And yes, every club has access to the top players, and it is no great skill to identify players of the calibre of Inglis, Slater, Smith etc. Anyone who thinks these players weren't standouts in the juniors are kidding themselves. Every club was chasing them.

So, how did so many standouts finish up in Melbourne? Much has been said about how difficult it is to attract young players to move away from home. No problem in moving from Queensland to Melbourne though?

What you have to remember is that when Melbourne were systematically cheating the NRL salary cap they were also assembling an outstanding collection of under 20's. Haven't their U 20's dominated the comp for the last 3-4 years, and aren't these U20's now filling the gaps in the NRL after they had to release a lot of very overpaid, very average first graders? Widdop, Duffie, Nielson, O'Neill, Proctor, Bromwich, Kostjasyn????

betcats

Referee
FMD! No one refutes that they cheated the cap. But ANY player in the game will have the same attitude they have! And any fan will have the same attitude us storm fans have! Which is stand by our players and who gives a toss what outsiders think!
Now tell me you'd have a different approach if you're in our shoes!

Well im of the belief the players knew, atleast some. So id be just as pissed at them as anyone else. Id support the team still but i wouldnt claim the premierships. And i wouldnt back any muppet from the club who refused to admit they dont deserve those premierships.

Someone made reference to steroid athletics cheats before. They still do all the hard training work but we wouldnt indulge Marion Jones if she went around saying she has won Gold medals.

Last edited:

Latest posts