What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston charged

Will they suspend Thurston?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

Juniors
JT will get suspended… Which will have me spitting chips. A. Koopu contributed to how he landed. But. JT was not even put on report by the Ref at the time. BUT he will still get done, and it sucks, in the past few weeks such as Hindmarsh got off (and shouldn’t), SBW only got one week (and should have had a holiday)… That is only a few examples? They seem to change the ‘leniency’ around finals time, and if those guys had copped what they should have, I would not have a problem with JT being pinged.

Anyone want to lay odds on whether he would have copped this charge with a ‘week’ suspension if Cowboys were playing Storm instead of Manly???

El Diablo

Post Whore
lol

he deserves a week if they want to be consistent

have you not been watching footy this year?

Downie

Guest Moderator
Turbo said:
JT will get suspended… Which will have me spitting chips. A. Koopu contributed to how he landed. But. JT was not even put on report by the Ref at the time. BUT he will still get done, and it sucks, in the past few weeks such as Hindmarsh got off (and shouldn’t), SBW only got one week (and should have had a holiday)… That is only a few examples? They seem to change the ‘leniency’ around finals time, and if those guys had copped what they should have, I would not have a problem with JT being pinged.

Anyone want to lay odds on whether he would have copped this charge with a ‘week’ suspension if Cowboys were playing Storm instead of Manly???

Seeing as the Storm are the NRL darlings and not Manly, yeah, he would've.

innsaneink

Referee
Similar to one Germ did on a player near finals time a few years back
Similar to one I think it was Schif on Slater??? in a semi?

All good tackles, imo...yet now theyre illegal.

Both the abbove I think copped suspensions.

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Similar to one Germ did on a player near finals time a few years back
Similar to one I think it was Schif on Slater??? in a semi?

All good tackles, imo...yet now theyre illegal.

Both the abbove I think copped suspensions.

yes, both did, massive blows for us too
i dont like consistancy when its the wrong decision, if it means bucking a trend like this im all for a result thats inconsistant... Thurston should not miss a game for that tackle imo

gong_eagle

First Grade
same time last year different player

By Dean Ritchie
September 14, 2006 1

Buderus out of the finals

A DEVASTATED Newcastle hooker Danny Buderus was last night rubbed out of the Knights finals campaign but defiantly declared: "We can still win the title."

After a two-hour hearing, Buderus failed to have a grade three dangerous throw charge on Manly's Michael Robertson downgraded and was suspended for six matches.

Luke Quigley will now officially take over the Knights hooking role for Saturday night's elimination final against Brisbane.

"I'm bitterly disappointed – I want to close this chapter and move on," Buderus said. "I'm 100 per cent behind my teammates."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20407229-5001023,00.html

Azkatro

First Grade
Well if they can't get it reduced then that's life. The Cowboys will still go in and have a crack, with or without Thurston. I think one thing they've got going for them is that the ref didn't put it on report.

It will be a shame of course if he does get suspended but you can't make special rules for special players in special situations. If it's a one week tackle, give him a week and let's get on with our lives.

To be honest it puts a bit more pressure on Manly. Imagine if they lost anyway! :lol:

_Johnsy

Referee
Turbo said:

This is a joke right, how can koopu have contributed to how he landed. As soon as JT made initial contact he had no control over where he went. Have you tried taking of your NQ glasses, attempting to aportion spome of the blame on Kopu is pathetic in the extreme. Been watching much footy have we ? :crazy: :crazy:

jc155776

Coach
_Johnsy said:
This is a joke right, how can koopu have contributed to how he landed. As soon as JT made initial contact he had no control over where he went. Have you tried taking of your NQ glasses, attempting to aportion spome of the blame on Kopu is pathetic in the extreme. Been watching much footy have we ? :crazy: :crazy:

I can understand as a non cows fan how u can get the sh*ts with them living in townsville, but do you really think that a tackle like JT's deserves a week off???

_Johnsy said:
lol thought the same thing.Koopu deliberately faceplanted,risking a broken neck to possibly earn his side a penalty.

_Johnsy

Referee
jc155776 said:
I can understand as a non cows fan how u can get the sh*ts with them living in townsville, but do you really think that a tackle like JT's deserves a week off???

Them living in Townsville has nothing to do with it, I spent more than 4 years there.

I do think the tackle warrants a charge, he initially had a hand between his legs, he then lifted him above the horizontal and threw him to the ground. Koopu actually did JT a favour by placing his hand/forearm on the ground to break his fall, and ensure his head was not the first part of his body to hit the ground. Are you telling me that if Koopu did not place his arm on the ground he could not have sustained a serious injury to his neck?

IMO JT would have been looking at 4 weeks otherwise.

Bomber

Bench
Well, hopefully we can get him off.

If not, well, that's life. I won't agree with the decision, but I can accept it.

Brilliant opportunity to prove that we're not a two man team...

scottyeel

Bench
Bomber said:
Well, hopefully we can get him off.

If not, well, that's life. I won't agree with the decision, but I can accept it.

Brilliant opportunity to prove that we're not a two man team...
Well said mate, I hope your team has the same attitude if he does get suspended.