What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston charged

Will they suspend Thurston?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah actually Payne probably wouldn't go too bad at 7 and Johnsy means Faumu...who is a good enough dummy half to play fulltime.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Eelectrica said:
If he's gone Jason Smith might have to give up smoking for the week. They'll need him on the field for a longer time than normal if they're to make a game of it.

just smoking ? what about his slab :lol:

Bomber

Bench
If he keeps playing like he has, I couldn't give a sh*t what Smith smoked or drank (as long as he didn't fail any drugs tests lol)

My solution:
7. Payne
9. Faiumu
10. Webb
14. Vaeau

beave

Coach
_Johnsy said:
plenty of credit beave, well said

Ta, there's being one eyed and there's being one eyed. I will support my boys til the day i die but if they do wrong, then they must face the music.

I will admit though, from the 30 times i have replayed the incident, you can see that as Thurston picks Koopu up and then he turns mid air and realises "Oh $hit" he puts releases Koopu but it's too late. Being that Koopu is alot more solid and i would say 15kgs heavier and having all that momentum, it all adds up against JT. He doesn't really drive Koopu into the ground but he has put him in a dangerous position none the less. I think JT was just trying to pull off a big hit by hitting Koopu low and lifting him and putting him on his back but it's gone wrong. I don't think he tried to intentionally injure Koopu but saying sorry doesn't excuse it (*cough* SBW *cough*) It's all split second stuff, but if it prevents someone from being put in a wheelchair...... then so be it.

jc155776

Coach
_Johnsy said:
Them living in Townsville has nothing to do with it, I spent more than 4 years there.

That was my point, you cant stand them because you heard too much of them up here.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
beave said:
if he gets suspended, i want the club to not whinge about it and get onto winning saturday nights game. The coming out in the press before yesterdays game about Price and the charge downs, and all the other whinges was very un-cowboys like IMO. I liked the fact that Muzz generally doesn't rock the boat and give oppositions more ammo to fire back at us on the field, but i was disappointed at how last week was handled honestly. This is the real test, as I have said before I am more dirty with Thursty and how he tackled Koopu. If that was Koopu on Thurston, I gurantee you we wouldn't hear the end of it from cowbs fans. Of course I want him to play on saturday but if he does the crime, he damn well pays the time. just my opinion

:shock: That would have to one of the most honest posts of all time. Well done. I agree with your opinions on the way the press was handled last week too.

It seems harsh to put a player out for a tackle that has simply just gone wrong, but in the end a number of similar tackles have received similar penalties.

CowMan

Juniors
Bomber said:
If he keeps playing like he has, I couldn't give a sh*t what Smith smoked or drank (as long as he didn't fail any drugs tests lol)

My solution:
7. Payne
9. Faiumu
10. Webb
14. Vaeau

OMG no

1.Bowen
2.Williams
3.Farrar
4.Bowman
5.Graham
6.Smith
7. Muspratt
8.Scott
9. Payne
10. Webb
11.Cashmere
12.Bartlett
13.Henry

14. Faiumu
15. Smith
16. Vaeau \ Faust
17.Lillyman

Bomber

Bench
I thought about putting Muspratt in, but that would be just his second game of the season. Losing Thurston would be a big enough blow without putting in a quasi-halfback who has spent most of the past three seasons in the Qld Cup.

CowMan

Juniors
Bomber said:
I thought about putting Muspratt in, but that would be just his second game of the season. Losing Thurston would be a big enough blow without putting in a quasi-halfback who has spent most of the past three seasons in the Qld Cup.

how about

6.Smith
7.Faiumu
9.Payne

OR

1Graham
6Smith
7Bowen
9Payne

OR

5 B.Bowen
6.Smith
7.Graham
9.Payne

Bomber

Bench
Cowbittoh said:
how about

6.Smith
7.Faiumu
9.Payne

Ideally, I'd like this:

6. Smith
7. Thurston
9. Payne

That would be the ultimate combination in my opinion ;-)

Billybob

Juniors
no leave smith on the bench

Matt Bowen needs to man up big time and show every one he can lead this team pickk a defensive halfback and let matty run the show

If he wants to head to the Roosters to play halfback then nows the time to show everyone that he can

Bomber

Bench
Whoops, I meant Justin, not Jason.

If he wants to head to the Roosters to play halfback then nows the time to show everyone that he can

lol.....noooooooo....nooooooooooooooooo...........nooooooooooooooooo........don't do it Matty!

Shorty

Staff member
Matty won't go to the Roosters.
No Matty isn't a halfback,would be a handy five-eight but he'd fail miserably in the 7.

Shorty

Staff member
Which is why I think shifting Payne to the 7 would be the answer.
Generally toward the end of the game both Faumu and Payne are on field at the same time.

Put Payne in the 7 and let him do what he does and leave the rest to Matty.

beave

Coach
Payne was the young guns halfback for a few years before becoming moulded into a hooker. He has it in him, might be time for him to lead (C) and be the number 7. He is nippy, he knows what lines different players run, and he can kick a bit. I can see him playing at the 7 this week honestly.

Latest posts