What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston gone for the season!!!

Talanexor

Juniors
Qld still have plenty if halves to pick from.

Soward, campese, kimmorely, mullen, Marshall, Wallace, finch, pearce. Hey who are the halfbacks running around in the esl, I'm sure some of them could point out qld on the map.

No thanks - most of those clowns have tried and failed at origin level... NSW can keep them.

Shorty

Staff member
Can't wait to prove people wrong, you'd think nobody watches the Cowboys play and just read the media.
We actually have a pretty damn handy hooker who has just as much (if not more) input into the team than Thurston.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
:lol: God some of you Queenslanders are arrogant little w*nkers. There hasn't been a single one-sided series in the past 4 years, you muppet.
Cannot wait for this years series

A NSW supporter calling QLDers arrongant??

Jeez, that deadset has to be the ultimate definition of hypocrisy if I have ever seen one!

Well, I suppose I better live up to your expectations.
Like it or not, QLD 4 series in a row. Deal with it chump!

Cletus

First Grade
Can't wait to prove people wrong, you'd think nobody watches the Cowboys play and just read the media.
We actually have a pretty damn handy hooker who has just as much (if not more) input into the team than Thurston.

Isn't he injured as well?

Dazraider

Juniors
Already riding the cowboys off to get the spoon is a joke, no way in the world will they come last.
Next hayne will get injured and there will be some saying parra will get the spoon.
17players not 1

Big Pete

Referee
Exactly Johnsy.

You can keep talking about paper sides and what not, but at the end of the day it comes down to attitude.

I've been very proud of my State's attitude for the past four years.

Hopefully the Blues have learnt something in that time.

Hutty1986

Immortal
A NSW supporter calling QLDers arrongant??

Jeez, that deadset has to be the ultimate definition of hypocrisy if I have ever seen one!

Well, I suppose I better live up to your expectations.
Like it or not, QLD 4 series in a row. Deal with it chump!

:lol: Hypocrisy my ar*e. The bleating of some of the nuffies on here is nothing short of laughable. I've more than dealt with Qld's success, they have some players who will probably be remembered as some of the best of all time and time after time showed class and steel when these matches were on the line.
It's just a joke when these clowns start saying that SOO is over before it has even begun.
Every series since 06 has been tight and this year will be no different.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Exactly Johnsy.

You can keep talking about paper sides and what not, but at the end of the day it comes down to attitude.

I've been very proud of my State's attitude for the past four years.

Hopefully the Blues have learnt something in that time.

Qld have won the big moments more often than not, that's been the difference. NSW need a strong performer in the halves, that's been the issue ever since Johns retired. The pack and the backline aren't an issue at all imo

Kilkenny

Coach
Queensland over many years have a proven ability to overcome adversity and even if Thurston is ruled out I am 100 per cent sure they have the depth to cover his loss.

I am not so sure Nth Queensland can cover the loss of Thurston and Payne if he is also ruled out long term. It well documented the 1,6,7,9 combinations are the key to NRL success and with the loss of the abovementioned and Matt Bowen it is hard to see the Cowboys making the eight.

elyod138

Bench
I am not so sure Nth Queensland can cover the loss of Thurston and Payne if he is also ruled out long term. It well documented the 1,6,7,9 combinations are the key to NRL success and with the loss of the abovementioned and Matt Bowen it is hard to see the Cowboys making the eight.

Bowen will probably be back in a couple of weeks, but yeh, I think the loss of Payne is just as big as Thurston. Last year we were 5th on the ladder until Payne was injured in round 17, then we slid down to 12th (JT was fit).

Loudstrat

Coach
.... For the record though, when you've won more consecutive series than any team in history - you have a right to be proud of your state and confident in it's ability to continue winning

Exactly. That's why us NSWelshmen are proud of the blues for winning just about every interstate series between 1908 and 1979 - bar about 4.

It's only when QLD used NSW players that they got any sort of streak happening at all.

As for Thurston - Noddy has him covered anyway. We are last start winners.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
wow.. you do realise QLD have won the shield 14 times and NSW have won it 13 times? we only need to win this series to catch up :)

Where did you get that stat? The official tally is

Shields:

NSW: 12 QLD: 16

Games:

NSW: 41 QLD: 44

There were 2 drawn series in which QLD retained the shield due to winning the year before. Even if you wanted to claim that QLD have only had 14 victories, NSW have only had 12, not 13.

Lol at the claims of arrogance. Wasn't that long ago that Blues fans were calling Origin dead after only 3 in a row. Short memories.

Loudstrat

Coach
And I remember Qld players not wanting to play in a dead third pubber with NSW up 2-0 too! I guess that's why QLD pick NSW players now - makes 'em competetive.

Latest posts