What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

grouch

First Grade
We're not even talking formal release. We are talking about agreement. Humphries clearly said there was no formal agreement. That's not necessarily talking about a signed document. That could mean the a meeting of the minds between Moltzen and the Wests Tigers club. You have no evidence that there ever was said meeting of the minds, other than the fact that Tauber allegedly told Doust that Humphries had unequivocally and unconditionally agreed to release Moltzen. For one your evidence is an assumption and for two, even if Tauber and Moltzen told the Dragons this it doesn't mean it's correct. Nor does it mean that it binds the Tigers who are entitled to say when and how they release Motlzen. For all you know Humphries said to Moltzen, "we want to release you so we can sign Adam Blair, so look around and see what is out there for you". Moltzen tells the Dragons the Tigers are happy to release him, he signs a contract and the Dragons report the signing. Humphries scratches his head - he's never actually formally agreed to release Moltzen or what the terms of the release are.

You have no evidence this didn't occur. You have no evidence of what actually did occur other than Dousts' 'professional' yet partial account of events.
Wow. And I thought this melodrama couldn't be any more boring

Father Ted

First Grade
You have no evidence this didn't occur. You have no evidence of what actually did occur other than Dousts' 'professional' yet partial account of events.

Over ruled Counsel will resume his seat :D

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
We're not even talking formal release. We are talking about agreement. Humphries clearly said there was no formal agreement. That's not necessarily talking about a signed document. That could mean the a meeting of the minds between Moltzen and the Wests Tigers club. You have no evidence that there ever was said meeting of the minds, other than the fact that Tauber allegedly told Doust that Humphries had unequivocally and unconditionally agreed to release Moltzen. For one your evidence is an assumption and for two, even if Tauber and Moltzen told the Dragons this it doesn't mean it's correct. Nor does it mean that it binds the Tigers who are entitled to say when and how they release Motlzen. For all you know Humphries said to Moltzen, "we want to release you so we can sign Adam Blair, so look around and see what is out there for you". Moltzen tells the Dragons the Tigers are happy to release him, he signs a contract and the Dragons report the signing. Humphries scratches his head - he's never actually formally agreed to release Moltzen or what the terms of the release are.

Then Tim and Tauber fraudulently lied to the Dragons, and are financially liable. Unfortunately, the quotes from all and sundry including the coach indicate otherwise to this statement. That is where the NRL need to determine where and what broke down and who is liable.

Fact of the matter is, you don't have any proof to the contrary either. This is a case of he said, she said. What there is proof of is an announcement of a signing and waiting 3 months to say no deal was agreed upon, hardly actions of a club not wanting to release a player, sounds more like a club finding a backup plan. Which I'm sure will come under consideration in the discussions between the NRL and the two clubs.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Even if the Dragons go after Moltzen or Tauber I think it's going to be difficult to quantify the harm suffered.
It's subjective to a degree, I agree. But then you seem to contradict yourself.
TimmyB said:
Can't imagine there'd be significant damages awarded, especially if the Dragons have been offered Brown and have refused.
Don't ever become a lawyer.

So if I offer you a Honda Civic to replace a BMW that I smashed, and you refused, I would be off the hook?

The Nick

Bench
I am shocked that the Dragons are brushing over the fact that the day of the announcement stated that there was no formal agreement to release Moltzen, just discussions with the manager. If Doust didn't contact Humphries to clarify, he's made a pretty big boo boo. Why is it Humphries responsibility to straighten the story out following Doust's blatant disrespect and disregard.

I am shocked that you're brushing over the fact that Moltzen was out negotiating and signing contracts with his manager, despite the fact that Wests Tigers apparently had no intention of releasing him (according to Humphreys and yourself).

I still stand by my theory that Moltzen knows he'll never play Origin, but if he stays at Tigers there's a good chance he'll be handed a Test jersey without having to actually earn it (ala Galloway, Lawrence, Farah etc).

The Nick

Bench
I am shocked that you're brushing over the fact that Moltzen was out negotiating and signing contracts with his manager, despite the fact that Wests Tigers apparently had no intention of releasing him (according to Humphreys and yourself).

I still stand by my theory that Moltzen knows he'll never play Origin, but if he stays at Tigers there's a good chance he'll be handed a Test jersey without having to actually earn it (ala Galloway, Lawrence, Farah etc).

Oh, and throw Tuquiri into the mix as well!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well no... us legal experts are just doing some bush lawyering.

Perhaps I should have said a Ford Laser.

Latest posts