What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timmy's back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caylo

Bench
I think Tim`s downfall - apart from inconsistencey, was the fact that he did not have a running game AT ALL. EVER! And so, because he never put the defence in two minds by sometimes running, sometimes kicking, sometimes passing, they always knew that whenever he got the ball, he was either going to pass or kick. In the whole time he was with Parra, he never looked like rectifying this problem. I can handle the fact that he couldn`t tackle. But he became so predictable in the end, that all the opposition had to do was charge up on him so that his kicks were hurried, or mark the players outside him. Forget about talent. Talent is irrelevant.
I loved his kicking and passing game when it was 'on'. It was magical. But that does not make him a great half-back.

Mate disagree, in 2006 he lost his running game but in 05 and after hagen come in 07 his running game was good (not great). All timmy had to do was pace to the line and hold the ball in two hands, players had not idea if he was going to pass long or short (his technique for both was idential, or drop it on the foot behind the line). It ended up with alot of defencive lines retreating and him setting up alot of tries. Go look at some of the tries he set up, you are very very very wrong.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tim at his peak would be better than Orford, Cronk, Kimmorley, Barret (as a halfback), Wallace, Mullens, Pearce

In your opinion, maybe. And what would be the basis for it? Kimmorley, Barrett, Wallace, Mullen and Pearce have all played Origin. Tim? Ha.

Cronk has won a Premiership. Tim? Ha.

And how can you say Tim "at his peak" would be better than Mullen when you haven't even seen Mullen reach his peak?

ParraFan09

Juniors
i agree aswell cronk is one of the best halfes in the game
wallace is way betta then smith
mullen i think has a really bright future and will one day
be one of the best goin around
and i think pearce and smith are at the same level.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I like Tim. His passing game is sublime, and he had a good variety of kicks in his arsenal. He also displayed surprising vision considering his tender years.

But he simply was woeful defensively, and he had a horrible attitude (throwing a terrible pass and then blowing up when your teammate drops it). That, and he had off-field dramas, too.

Potentially a very good player, but better than 85% of the halves in the NRL? Hardly.

ParraFan09

Juniors
I like Tim. His passing game is sublime, and he had a good variety of kicks in his arsenal. He also displayed surprising vision considering his tender years.

But he simply was woeful defensively, and he had a horrible attitude (throwing a terrible pass and then blowing up when your teammate drops it). That, and he had off-field dramas, too.

Potentially a very good player, but better than 85% of the halves in the NRL? Hardly.

i think there was to much pressure on him b4 every1 was expectin this young kid to keep up with brett finch if he came back he wouldnt have that. his passing game was up there as one of the best in the NRL hes kicking is quite good aswell. but at time he really let down on last play options.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think he was a victim of his own good debut form. He had such a blinder in 2005 that everyone started comparing his other seasons to those, and he inevitably came up short.

But another reason I wouldn't like Tim Smith back is Kris Keating - the young man has shown plenty already imo to show he'll be a great player for us. He deserves his shot.

ParraFan09

Juniors
I think he was a victim of his own good debut form. He had such a blinder in 2005 that everyone started comparing his other seasons to those, and he inevitably came up short.

But another reason I wouldn't like Tim Smith back is Kris Keating - the young man has shown plenty already imo to show he'll be a great player for us. He deserves his shot.

yeah but an upside to it is that KK can go to 6 where he feels more
comftable and mateo back to lock with smith at 7. would be good to see.

Eelementary

Post Whore
But then you could have Albert Kelly at halfback/five-eighth with Keating in the other half role with Mateo at lock too.

ParraFan09

Juniors
yeah but with smith hes been there his done it b4
i dnt rekon sprouting too players in the halves at the same time would be a wise move IMO.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tim wouldn't bring any more to the table than KK or Kelly imo. He may have a few more games under his belt but KK has already shown he has what it takes.

ParraFan09

Juniors
im not sayn that smith is a betta player then neither KK or kelly im juz sayn bringn kelly and kk through at the same time might not work.
juz put them a yr apart then mayb it would be more succesful that way.

ParraFan09

Juniors
i know how hard would it be alot of ppl havn been a little rough on him IMO his a good coach. and i rekon hes the right person to get us in contention again.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Absolutely. I really rate the man and the coach. He loves this club to bits and is a great coach imo.

He just has the unfortunate luck of having inherited a side that is quite poor. That, and he cannot really afford to make too many changes - he mentioned in his press conference players weren't listening to his instructions. A few people I know commented that he should drop them if that's the case - he's the boss, and if you don't listen you pay the price. I agree - however, he hasn't got that luxury, because due to injuries, a bad overall roster and the salary cap situation in which we're in at the moment his hands are pretty much tied.

But give him enough time to build the team he wants and I honestly believe we'll be a contender again. Absolutely. It will just take some time. Time which I, for one, am absolutely willing to give him.

ParraFan09

Juniors
yeah i couldnt of sed it betta myself were in a rough patch right now and give DA the time and he will get us where we wanna be look at newcastle brian smith done a complete clean out now there in the top 4. this is wat re-building stages are all about and i say that the eels will be in contention for the premiership in no time.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Absolutely.

I look at our core, and see some great talent:

Hindmarsh
Mateo
Hayne
Inu
Keating numbers one and two
Moimoi

Then you add young talents such as Johnson, Allgood, Mitchell, Kelly, Mortimer, Te Whata, Baitieri, Auremi, Richardson...We have the structure in place. We just need time to perfect the little details.

ParraFan09

Juniors
we have the talent there for a bright future its juz about holding on to them now. were do u think richardson will play hes a fullback but we have hayne??

ParraFan09

Juniors
i was thinkn mayb wing but iunno

i think right now this is the best team we can pitch if everyone was fit

1. hayne
2. burt
3. reddy
4. inu
5. grothe
6. K.Keating
7. kelly
8. cayless
9. M.Keating
10. moi moi
11. hindmarsh
12 Joey. G
13. mateo

14. kingston
15. harauki
16. paulo
17. smith

now thats probz our best side IMO
and that team would struggle agasinst the sharkies were
juz not ready. we have the weakest squad in the NRL
but in a couple of years when this players have matured
we will be havin a good go for the premiership.

Latest posts