What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney - Origin?

Pigskin

Juniors
Bobby DIGital said:
Zillman's a Queenslander.

Zillman for QLD.

This year.

just what we need, another fullback :roll:

can he play prop by any chance ?

Oink !

Raider_69

Post Whore
zillman is a half by trade, he is playing fullback cause he can and we cant get him in the halves right now with the way dobbo and carney compliment each other

though insiders at the club have him pegged as a fullback for at least this year

sydraider

First Grade
Pfft, we would have to win the comp before one of our players is picked for origin.

Hope im wrong though and if Carney keeps tearing it up, he at least gets a look in.

Raider Azz

Bench
zillman has also said his preferred position is at fullback. and after seeing him tonight, im happy for him to stay there.

as for carney in origin, i dunno about this year, but surely if he keeps his form up he'd be a cert for country at the very least.

skeepe

Immortal
How about Scotty Logan for Queensland? Early days yet I know, but if he keeps up this sort of form he may be hard to keep out.

lockyno1

Post Whore
skeepe said:
How about Scotty Logan for Queensland? Early days yet I know, but if he keeps up this sort of form he may be hard to keep out.

Zero chance, we have enough props/2nd rowers.

Civonoceva
Price
Webb
Thaiday
Matt Scott (vastly improved this year)
Ben Ross
Danny Nutley

all ahead of Scott Logan!

lockyno1 said:

Civonoceva
Price
Webb
Thaiday
Ben Ross
Danny Nutley

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Ive watched every roosters and sharks game this year so far, and neither nutley nor ross have anything on logans form at present.

lockyno1

Post Whore
VictorTheViking said:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Ive watched every roosters and sharks game this year so far, and neither nutley nor ross have anything on logans form at present.

On form no, but the fact is if all of those props get injured they will be picked ahead of Logan. That is reality. You can throw Dane Calaw in the mix as well. Logan is nothing more than a above solid first grader. He does a job for Canberra, absolutely no denying that one single bit.

OVP

Coach
Big Mick © said:
1. Kurt Gidley
2. Luke Rooney
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Matt King
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen

Looks ok to me...

Ive seen some sh*t teams picked over the years, but Big Mick you OWN. Thou art the King of the sh*t Team pickers BY FAR !! GOLD !! :lol:

lockyno1 said:
On form no, but the fact is if all of those props get injured they will be picked ahead of Logan. That is reality. You can throw Dane Calaw in the mix as well. Logan is nothing more than a above solid first grader. He does a job for Canberra, absolutely no denying that one single bit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Logan is a solid first grader at best, Dane Carlaw is a reserve grade benchwarmer....

Dont get me wrong, logan, has had a brilliant start to the season, but really, ross, nutley and carlaw better than logan at present?? I dont think so.

Fair dinkum, ive never seen someone post more tripe since BBSF.

OVP said:
Ive seen some sh*t teams picked over the years, but Big Mick you OWN. Thou art the King of the sh*t Team pickers BY FAR !! GOLD !! :lol:

Going by present form, i think big mick is spot on (maybe gower for mullen), the only problem is, its got no roosters in it :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Mr Saab

Referee
lockyno1 said:

Civonoceva
Price
Webb
Thaiday
Ben Ross
Danny Nutley

f**k me you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dumb.
Nutley???????????????? He is a running telegraph pole. Does nothing.
I would love Logan on the bench for QLD.
Go blow your load to Sunshine

Philby

Juniors
I wasnt sure about Logan when i heard the Raiders had signed him but after 3 games he has really stood out.
I would go as far to say one of the buys of the year if he can stay fit. I would definetly have him on the bench for QLD.
As far as picking Carney for NSW on form you would hope they would pick him but we all know the NSW selectors when was the last time they picked on form. Dont be suprised to see Anasta and Gower in the halves.
The other young bloke that impressd me is the Panthers no.6 Wallace. If he can stay injury free he has a very bright future. Who knows Carney and Wallace maybe the opposing halves in Country V City this year.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Origin after one good game, I dont think so

since when do the selectors not pick last years team, current form has never been a selection criteria for these blokes

Phillips

Referee
parra-matters said:
QLD would ahve to be favorites this year for sure.

on paper, they will definatly have a stronger side

personally i'd like to see

1. Minichiello (Brett Stewart if Mini doesnt get back to form)
2. Matt King
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Eric Grothe
6. Todd Carney/Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns :pray:
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus (even though i prefer Priddis)
10. Brett White
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Robbie Farah
15. Ryan Hoffman
16. Steve Simpson
17. Mark O'Meley

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Twizzle said:
Origin after one good game, I dont think so

since when do the selectors not pick last years team, current form has never been a selection criteria for these blokes

I hear ya but surely they won't go for Anasta again? I think it will be an arm wrestle between Carney and Mullen. It's not just one good game from Carney either it's just a case of out of sight out of mind, Carney was in great form at the back end of last year and played a big part in getting the Raiders into 7th position.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Why is everyone so convinced that the Blues five eight is going to come from someone who actually plays five eight for their club? It's not like the blues haven't done it before. I wouldn't be surprised to see a halfback/halfback combination from Johns, Gower, Orford, Cronk.