What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney

Wizardman

First Grade
Whenever TC plays this badly, there is usually something going on. He not exactly a "Shane Warne" typr of sportsman who can perform despite a crazy off-field life.

some11

Referee
Carney's as much a confidence player as Sandow, he just doesn't rub everyone's face in it when he's going good.

Billythekid

First Grade
He is doing oppositions teams a big favor. Those bright orange boots and horrible blonde haircut make it easy for the attacking team to know where to target for a free missed tackle.

Tommy Smith

Referee
He'll be having nightmares of Boyd Cordner for years to come.

I haven't seen one player target and run over another so consistently in a game perhaps ever.

gronkathon

First Grade
Most concerning for the Snorks is that he gave up chasing Maloney.

He has the pace to round Jimmy up but flat out gave up

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers went all out on Todd Carney and Johnathon Thurston. Driving up the price of both players and eventually missing out. Both players have been average at best since this happened, while the bloke they were laughed at for signing after missing out on them has actually been pretty solid. :cool:

I'll back both Carney and Thurston to come good eventually. But both have a LONG way to go before delivering on the deals they have just signed. Thurston isn't really playing terrible... just nowhere near the footy we expect from the worlds best half. Sadly you just know that by Origin he will have found form and be ripping NSW a new one.

nick87

Coach
From what i've heard, there is some family issues going on right now.
As someone else suggested, he's not a guy who handles adversity well.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well hopefully whatever it is, he can put it behind him and push his way into the Blues team. We need our halves to be two of Carney, Mullen, Kelly and J. Reynolds. The more of those guys in form, the more likely we are to finally see us have a chance at beating QLD.

An injury to Pearce that puts him out for game 1 atleast would help. Although even if we won by 50 he would probably be straight back into the team even if Carney and Mullen looked better then any halves combination in history.

Wizardman

First Grade
I get the feeling something will explode in regards to Carney this season...he is not right at all.

Latest posts