What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 8 revised..

Chachi

Bench
The best thing about this is reading how many people are tipping the Raiders to finish 14th or 15th...especially the Knights fans. Bring it on!

My tip is:
1. Bulldogs
2. Storm
3. Broncos
4. Roosters
5. Cowboys
6. Panthers
7. Warriors
8. Eels or Dragons (who cares anyway)

I haven't put the Raiders in there yet - to keep the 'element of surprise' continuing! :lol:

Chachi said:
The best thing about this is reading how many people are tipping the Raiders to finish 14th or 15th...especially the Knights fans. Bring it on!

My tip is:
1. Bulldogs
2. Storm
3. Broncos
4. Roosters
5. Cowboys
6. Panthers
7. Warriors
8. Eels or Dragons (who cares anyway)

I haven't put the Raiders in there yet - to keep the 'element of surprise' continuing! :lol:

As above, except for the Warriors. Depends how many suspensions they get.

keep writing off the Raiders, no really, please :lol:

ByRd

First Grade
dont get too confident you have had the bye & beaten the worst knights side in 10yrs & the rabbits.

Striker

Juniors
Top Eight.

1. Broncos - Might seem biased but I actually think they will finish top.
2. Cowboys - Momentum from last season still with them
3. Storm - Are becoming one of the most feared oppposition in the comp.
4. Roosters - way too much experience to fall out of the four this season.
5. Panthers - Should start to win more frequently now
6. Bulldogs - Dropped a few points early and still a bit of a wait for injuries.
7. Sharks - Starting to find their feet will win a lot more this season
8. Sea Eagles - Early season form will put them here, watch out for Cowboys like finals performance.

Unlucky to miss - Canberra, Rabbitohs and Tigers

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
dog4life said:
dont get too confident you have had the bye & beaten the worst knights side in 10yrs & the rabbits.

Beaten a souths side that was highly favoured to beat us. Even funnier is the Newcastle fans tipping us to finish 14/15th and them to finish in the top 8.

I am well aware that the competition isn't won in March but I think the Raiders will be hard to stop when their combinations gell a bit more.

RABK

Referee
Beaten a souths side that was highly favoured to beat us. Even funnier is the Newcastle fans tipping us to finish 14/15th and them to finish in the top 8

FFS, round 4 is about to start. 23 more rounds to be played, Dogs went from first to last in the space of one round......alot can happen in 23 weeks.

RABK

Referee
People writing the Dragons and Knights off should remember that if they get a bit of luck they should be both full strength by about round 10 and they both have a favourable 2nd half of the season. Either or both could storm home into 6th, 7th or 8th position.

Striker

Juniors
It would be a massive turn around yeah, but I agree with you 'red and blue knight' they could string a series of good results together and be back in it. But I feel that this season will be closer than last season and if you dont get a good start then you are on the back foot for the whole season.

Only time will tell though!

melon....

Coach
Injuries aside, when the sleeping giants of Dogs, Chooks and Panthers finally wake up, the rest will be cut back down a peg.

RABK

Referee
There is no sleeping giant in the Roosters this year. The giant of that team is retired and boy do you miss him. Panthers are looking behind the pace. I don't see how they will suddenly wake up and be a peg ahead of sides like Cowboys and Broncos. When the Bulldogs hit form they will be very hard to beat.

Btw Melon, the sleeping giants have arised, there names are the Melbourne Storm and Manly Sea Eagles. They are the real deal this year.

t-ba

Post Whore
Btw Melon, the sleeping giants have arised, there names are the Melbourne Storm and Manly Sea Eagles. They are the real deal this year.

:lol: . Please. It's been three rounds.

I remember Norths Destroying all opposition before them in early 1999...how did that turn out for them again?

fatshark

Bench
Agreed Clifford, but I thought before the start of the season that Manly were a top 4 side this season and nothing I have seen has changed that opinion.
:D please stop.. my ribs are hurtin!

dog4life said:

We can't be confident in our own team? Then there would be no point playing, much like Gus thought last sunday saying Souths will have a handsome win. But we will enjoy our time at the top, even if it ends soon. We've already proved people wrong.

Same goes to dogs fans. Your mob has no depth at all, evidenced by your reggies side down 40-0 to the young no-name, no-talent raiders reggies and that was after 40 minutes!

An injury here or there and you're gornski. Then again, that could apply to every team.

aenima1

Juniors
manly cannot be compared to the likes of the bulldogs, pantheres and roosters. melon put it correctly...

innsaneink

Referee
skeepe said:
My pre-season prediction:

1. North Queensland Cowboys
2. Manly Sea Eagles
3. Canterbury Bulldogs
4. Canberra Raiders
5. Parramatta Eels
6. St. George Illawarra Dragons
7. Penrith Panthers
8. Sydney Roosters
9. Melbourne Storm
10. Cronulla Sharks
11. Brisbane Broncos
12. New Zealand Warriors
13. South Sydney Rabbitohs
14. Newcastle Knights
15. Wests Tigers

My prediction now:

1. North Queensland Cowboys
2. Manly Sea Eagles
3. Canberra Raiders
4. Brisbane Broncos
5. Melbourne Storm
6. Cronulla Sharks
7. Penrith Panthers
8. Canterbury Bulldogs
9. South Sydney Rabbitohs
10. Sydney Roosters
11. Parramatta Eels
12. New Zealand Warriors
13. Wests Tigers
14. Newcastle Knights
15. St. George Illawarra Dragons

Unashamedly biased, of course :D

Oh really?

Is that so? :roll:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/v...amp;postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=80

8 posts down.

Skeepe on 3-11-04 said:
1. Cowboys
2. Bulldogs
3. Raiders
4. Dragons
5. Storm
6. Broncos
7. Eels
8. Panthers
9. Sharks
10. Roosters
11. Tigers
12. Sea Eagles
13. Souths
14. Warriors
15. Knights

Manly seems to have improved dramatically in your thoughts since Nov. Funny theyve improved on the field as well.

In Nov last year you tipped manly 12th...now its 2nd? :-k
Storm 5th and Broncos 6th, now youre saying you had em 9th and 11th.

Skeepe said:
Agreed Clifford, but I thought before the start of the season that Manly were a top 4 side this season and nothing I have seen has changed that opinion.

With a player as classy as Mick Monaghan leading you around the field, there's a very good chance you'll have a successful year, the bloke is a genius.

Youre full of shyte... :lol: :lol:

Before the start of the season, in Nov... you thought they were a BOTTOM 4 side, and something youve seen since then I'd say has changed your opinion.

[-X

Briza

Juniors
aenima1 said:
manly cannot be compared to the likes of the bulldogs, pantheres and roosters. melon put it correctly...

It's obviously early in the season, but Manly are travelling pretty well so far and I see heaps of improvement in the team yet.

We shall see in Rd 10 how we stack up against the Dogs.

slava

Juniors
How awesome would it be to have a Broncos vs Cowboys Grand Final! Wouldn't that piss some NSW off.