What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

Tiger Woody

Juniors
3 "sellouts" this year....youve said a mouthfull there LOL
howabout the crowds though?

10,000 is a big crowd at that way out west ground.Riff Studium.
Dust bowl it is.
It’s no........Million Dollar Riff....hahahahaha(no pun intended)

Attachments

• F29DCE41-45E7-4BF5-8E03-196ADC0E5D06.jpeg
    F29DCE41-45E7-4BF5-8E03-196ADC0E5D06.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 0

gordsy

Juniors
We will let Ivan go, no way he can continue to coach here. Come 2020 he'd be thinking about who to keep, who to sign and who let go re 2021. Then we'd have a media circus in 2020 with talk of who the coach will be, players not wanting to sign till we do and players not giving a shit about Ivan in 2020 as he's out the door net year anyway.

It seems like Old Gussy has outsmarted Go and all the others whilst pi$$ing off Pascoe as well.

Given all this, Nathan better turn out to be a Thurston like player to be worth all this.

Das Hassler

Bench
10,000 is a big crowd at that way out west ground.Riff Studium.
Dust bowl it is.
It’s no........Million Dollar Riff....hahahahaha(no pun intended)

Hmm...well that's a shame. ...i guess the 5 year plan blowing out to 8 (and counting) hasn't helped. ...seems the allseeing 4chin teller got it a little wrong

Das Hassler

Bench
We will let Ivan go, no way he can continue to coach here. Come 2020 he'd be thinking about who to keep, who to sign and who let go re 2021. Then we'd have a media circus in 2020 with talk of who the coach will be, players not wanting to sign till we do and players not giving a shit about Ivan in 2020 as he's out the door net year anyway.

It seems like Old Gussy has outsmarted Go and all the others whilst pi$$ing off Pascoe as well.

Given all this, Nathan better turn out to be a Thurston like player to be worth all this.

Agree but Guss didn't outsmart anyone....he's just thrown more money at Nathan than he's worth and Ivan does what his heart tells him....as you say it had better pay off for them ....if not the laughter will see me out my lifetime

gordsy

Juniors
Agree but Guss didn't outsmart anyone....he's just thrown more money at Nathan than he's worth and Ivan does what his heart tells him....as you say it had better pay off for them ....if not the laughter will see me out my lifetime
Fair enough but Our we won't be bullied, we'll never let him go tough guy talk seem to ring hollow now though.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Hmm...well that's a shame. ...i guess the 5 year plan blowing out to 8 (and counting) hasn't helped. ...seems the allseeing 4chin teller got it a little wrong

Might have to say 6 chins shortly,the way it’s panning out....
Nathan being the Head Chin.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The OTT desperation to sign the Cleary’s on irrational terms is deadset doomed !

Das Hassler

Bench
The OTT desperation to sign the Cleary’s on irrational terms is deadset doomed !

It will be pressure from day one which will only increase when the line up the centre of the dressing room floor starts to show. Also any clear picture of Ivan and Guss hugging or even hi fiving for ANY reason will be worth as much or more than one of the elusive Blue Mnts panther. ..there aren't enough phone cameras in all of penrith to catch one of those. They will hit the ground running with animosity and go from there.

Tiger Ted

Bench
It's not a deal that we should be matching. It might work for them.
The reason it may work is they have a ready made roster with unlimited attacking flair & the defensive weaknesses they have is the one aspect of the game that Ivan has the ability to rectify.

However the inevitable interference of the megalomaniac with the 4 chins will undoubtedly put Ivan under enormous duress & eventually lead to the team imploding.

Mario chalmers

Juniors

Disagree slightly re Gus outsmarting Go and Pascoe.

If Nathan's contract contains a release clause should Ivan not sign as flagged here then that means Gus is banking on Ivan getting a release from WT.

If Ivan does not get a release then that means that the Clearys are both back on the open market in 2021.

Gus will move heaven and earth to make sure that Ivan comes back. Even if that means releasing players as compensation

BrotherJim05

Bench
Paul Kent on 360 made a really good point. This whole fiasco does have a silver lining for us - we basically now have two years to find the best coach for our team (and there are a shitload of coaches off-contract/coming of contract in that time) whilst having a very good coach acting in the interim. People think this is win/win for Penrith and we are screwed but I honestly don't see it that way. The longer we hold out, the more desperate Penrith will get and potentially derail their next two seasons when they should be trying to maintain top 4 and push for premiership.

We will come out on top of this

Tigerm

First Grade
I wonder what the other Penrith players are thinking about all this crap. A good way to destabilise your club I would have thought.

betcats

Referee
I wonder what the other Penrith players are thinking about all this crap. A good way to destabilise your club I would have thought.

The peach doesn’t seem to mind, he still wants to stay. We are a club that our players want to remain at.

Blues Riff

Bench
The_Fox_and_the_Grapes_by_kelilabrightrose.jpg

“A hungry Fox saw some fine bunches of Grapes hanging from a vine that was trained along a high trellis, and did his best to reach them by jumping as high as he could into the air. But it was all in vain, for they were just out of reach: so he gave up trying, and walked away with an air of dignity and unconcern, remarking, “I thought those Grapes were ripe, but I see now they are quite sour.”

Latest posts