What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travel to Melbourne

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
ive already booked my flights accomodation, and got tickets to the game....need all the support we can get down in melbourne to let the boys know we are there

Kornstar

Coach
I think with their performance in the last 2 weeks, i think they deserve for me to go down and watch them......i honestly believe they have no chance BUT i don't care, they have made me so happy the last 2 weeks that i have to be down there!!!!

Nikki

Coach
Thank god for the ppl going down to support the boys. I know that they are in safe hands with you while I go out to Campbelltown and support the lower grades on your behalf. Team work! :D

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Kornstar said:
I think with their performance in the last 2 weeks, i think they deserve for me to go down and watch them......i honestly believe they have no chance BUT i don't care, they have made me so happy the last 2 weeks that i have to be down there!!!!
they have no chance? are you serious, we almost knocked the over down there, and we are much better than we were back then. strom are coming off a 40-0 smashing, and 2 week break.....we know the toughness needed in the semis this year, storm have not had it yet, we will give it to them

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oh, man...I'd love to go. But guess what I'm doing on Sunday!

Actually, surprisingly enough, it's not technically work. It's a get together of the three franchises they own, and we'll have a BBQ and whatnot. But it will still mean my day is wasted (I have to travel from Cherrybrook to Pymble or something at 9 in the morning on a Sunday :fist:).

/RANT

Hellsy

Immortal
I am fortunate enough to be in Melbourne for a wedding on Monday, we fly in on Sunday lunchtime so I am STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess - Do I need to organise tickets for Jay and I?

Kornstar

Coach
hindmarsh4pm said:
they have no chance? are you serious, we almost knocked the over down there, and we are much better than we were back then. strom are coming off a 40-0 smashing, and 2 week break.....we know the toughness needed in the semis this year, storm have not had it yet, we will give it to them

Melbourne are far and away the best team in the comp, if you think they are going to be complacent next week, then you are kidding yourself! I know we have the team to beat them, i just think they are too well coached, they will win the GF gauranteed imo......we will be much better off next year with Mateo, Hayne and Inu all having this experience.

I will add though, i usually would be very negative and say we will be smashed, but i think we will go down in a tight one and there will be controversy about their win again and i believe we will be ripped off, as the refs cleary favour Melbourne and that is why i believe they will win the comp no matter what!!!!

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Kornstar said:
Melbourne are far and away the best team in the comp, if you think they are going to be complacent next week, then you are kidding yourself! I know we have the team to beat them, i just think they are too well coached, they will win the GF gauranteed imo......we will be much better off next year with Mateo, Hayne and Inu all having this experience.

I will add though, i usually would be very negative and say we will be smashed, but i think we will go down in a tight one and there will be controversy about their win again and i believe we will be ripped off, as the refs cleary favour Melbourne and that is why i believe they will win the comp no matter what!!!!
they have been the best team all year, but this parra team has what no other team has, they are running on something special, something that no other club has, they have the perfect mix of players, melbourne are well coached yeah they are, and what parra arnt? hagan is a top coach he is doing a great job with these boys....anyway i dont care if we lose, we knocked the dogs out and thats all that matters

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I just got back from Melbourne this afternoon.
Watched the game on nine at 12am last night after attending the opera.
The shortest televised game I had ever watched on TV. The game was sandwiched between two movies that were made before we won our last premiership. As soon as the final siren sounded the production literally cut to the channel nine logo and straight to another program. It was like I had just envisioned what I wanted to happen in the game between parra and dogs without it actually taking place. A dream if you please.
This morning I woke up and obtained a copy of the Melbourne Herald, which was appreciatingly strategically placed out the front of my hotel room door by staff at my request. Half a page was allocated to Rugby League in general. This informative section was of course preceded by 12 pages of AFL.
My point...most people in Melbourne probably wouldn't even know that the game is being played, except of course for the Melbourne Storm supporters, who are all probably Sydney ex pats. They had the lowest home attendance of all the teams in week one of the finals. As a matter of fact 15000 was poor. I wonder what sort of support they get next week? Are the NRL flogging a dead horse?

TheParraboy

Staff member
They reckon 15,000 tickets have been sold by last wendesday, probably the same 15000 that turned up vs broncos LOL

At this stage I intend to drive down on the Saturday, and be in Melbourne for a few days.

Parra-Fan

Juniors
hey people

anyone find out the cheapest airline to go

leave sydney saturday return sunday

can some1 plz find out for me i really wanna go melbourne but i dont want it to be expensive :p

Nikki

Coach
I think Fish was saying in another thread that Round trip fares were between $300-$400

fish eel

Immortal
Nikki said:
I think Fish was saying in another thread that Round trip fares were between $300-$400

Yes, I've been watching the flights for a week or so. Problem is, it's a week out and a Sunday, so while you can get a cheapish tix down ( i saw virgin blue $119) its the return leg the killer. Jetstar have the cheapest flights back....but not as many to choose from and you have to get to and from geelong (avalon).

Without checking prices again, I think you could do Jetstar for around $300...maybe a bit less, Virgin Blue and Qantas though you'd be looking at atleast $330 and up to $400.

If you dont want the buses, the train is alright, I've done that down there before. Leave Sydney saturday night, arrive melbourne sunday morning, and then the same comig back.

Latest posts