What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett

DF4E

Juniors
Can anyone seriously see Mary getting axed within 2 years? If that happens it will be a miracle. What a waste of 2 seasons.
Spot on, all this talk about media stories and other coaches is a waste of time. They are not going to sack him. They will put up with whatever negativity there is on social media for the next few months then it will quite down after the finals start. Followed by the off season, then we get to start all over again next season. Full of hope which will then be sucked out of us by Mcidiot.

Hard Yards

Juniors
Interesting to note that Trent Barrett was highly regarded by Phil Gould when both were at Penrith, he tried hard to keep him from leaving. Bob Fulton pushed even harder to get him over to Manly believing he was the best young coach on the market. Coaching can be a career killer. Not forgetting Wayne Bennett came within a whisker of being fired at the Broncos after his first several seasons at Red Hill only to be saved by Piggy Morgan, who challenged the board. The SGI board will have no option than to make hard decisions in the off season and quickly if the players cant turn this year around. So frustrating to say the least.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Interesting to note that Trent Barrett was highly regarded by Phil Gould when both were at Penrith, he tried hard to keep him from leaving. Bob Fulton pushed even harder to get him over to Manly believing he was the best young coach on the market. Coaching can be a career killer. Not forgetting Wayne Bennett came within a whisker of being fired at the Broncos after his first several seasons at Red Hill only to be saved by Piggy Morgan, who challenged the board. The SGI board will have no option than to make hard decisions in the off season and quickly if the players cant turn this year around. So frustrating to say the least.

it is his big hands

boardlumps62

Juniors
We have deficiencies in our side. Vaughan, Frizzel,S Boys, McInnes and Jack whose not there did I forget any. Rest are average even Jimmy whose struggling. We have Hunt and Norman of Origin Standard. The rest are not up to it now maybe later. We are not as loaded with big strong fast skilful players like those that beat us every week. Don't be fooled we just don't have the talent need to recruit IMO

TruSaint

Referee
We have deficiencies in our side. Vaughan, Frizzel,S Boys, McInnes and Jack whose not there did I forget any. Rest are average even Jimmy whose struggling. We have Hunt and Norman of Origin Standard. The rest are not up to it now maybe later. We are not as loaded with big strong fast skilful players like those that beat us every week. Don't be fooled we just don't have the talent need to recruit IMO

Overall, I agree we are not a squad that would win the title, but sorry I dont get your last sentence.

Are you saying, that our squad wont attract an external / experienced coach ? The thread is about Barrett..

boardlumps62

Juniors
Overall, I agree we are not a squad that would win the title, but sorry I dont get your last sentence.

Are you saying, that our squad wont attract an external / experienced coach ? The thread is about Barrett..
No just saying our squad just isn't that great Mary is struggling with some injuries and JDB but wouldn't matter had his chance. So Barrett comes in same crew and he won't attract any from Manly his last post he offers nothing. We have a problem we need a coach who players want to follow eg Bellamy even Browny

TruSaint

Referee
No just saying our squad just isn't that great Mary is struggling with some injuries and JDB but wouldn't matter had his chance. So Barrett comes in same crew and he won't attract any from Manly his last post he offers nothing. We have a problem we need a coach who players want to follow eg Bellamy even Browny

Got it.

Yes i agree.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Yes when you think about it we are screwed. My solution and I got no idea is
1/ Find the best coach with some runs on the board not rejects made just maybe with red and white blood maybe not
2/ While we have the backbone of a good team find a fullback wingers and centres with size speed talent quickly to supplement what we have
3/ Look at the best second stringers with a attributes mentioned previously
4/ Find some talent scouts
5/ Make sure our juniors with talent are looked after.
Sorry if I highjacked the conversation.
3/

TruSaint

Referee
Yes when you think about it we are screwed. My solution and I got no idea is
1/ Find the best coach with some runs on the board not rejects made just maybe with red and white blood maybe not
2/ While we have the backbone of a good team find a fullback wingers and centres with size speed talent quickly to supplement what we have
3/ Look at the best second stringers with a attributes mentioned previously
4/ Find some talent scouts
5/ Make sure our juniors with talent are looked after.
Sorry if I highjacked the conversation.
3/

Some good points mate, and no need to apologise for voicing your opinion.
Bottom line is we need massive changes.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I know we need a coach with runs but non will come across. Our club won’t allow a coach to bring his own staff with them. It is Groundhog Day all over.

If we want someone of an old boy go get Jason Ryles. I know people will howl me down but I spoke to someone recently who told me Ryles is up there in the coaching smarts. And he has had the best teacher in Bellamy.
Other than Ryles approach Brian Smith give him 2 years to fix us up and get rid of him. Now there is 1 person who will get rid of dead wood without a thought of what Mr O’Connor or whatever that delusional human name is.

Coffs dragon

Bench
But of course.
He ticks all the boards' criteria.

Old boy :white_check_mark:
Young & inexperienced :white_check_mark:
Old boy:white_check_mark:
Cheap:white_check_mark:
Old boy:white_check_mark:
OKB I remember Warren Ryan use to call Trent Barrett the sideways crab because of his running style across field.
His Possible Dragons coaching career might just match that...in via the side entrance and move somebody else sideways to accomodate him!
It's so stupid it makes sense in Dragonland.

OKB I remember Warren Ryan use to call Trent Barrett the sideways crab because of his running style across field.
His Possible Dragons coaching career might just match that...in via the side entrance and move somebody else sideways to accomodate him!
It's so stupid it makes sense in Dragonland.
In all fairness widdop is guilty of the sideways crab too