What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two new Rugby League shows for ONE HD

BDGS

Bench
I thought The Game Plan was absolutely fantastic! Great mix of mostly serious footy discussion with a pit of humor courtesy of Blocker. I was going to write an email to One HD to give them some positive feedback but cant find an email address anywhere...

One small thing which was a bit ordinary was how they had David Gallop isolated on a high chair while the rest of the panel had the security of the desk to sit behind. It was an awkward look and I felt for David being so exposed.

Apart from that small complaint, great show and Im really looking forward to One Game at a Time on Monday.

Totally agree with this, that was very much amateur hour.

Can't wait for one week at a time, i think that show will be better.

Anybody got the TV ratings across the country?

Canard

Immortal
OneHD isn't a very high rating channel to begin with, when all the Packer Channel 10 stuff was happening there were people saying OneHD had 1% market share.

But as for the promo, if it wasn't for this site Id have no idea the show was on.

sass

Juniors
I thought The Game Plan was absolutely fantastic! Great mix of mostly serious footy discussion with a pit of humor courtesy of Blocker. I was going to write an email to One HD to give them some positive feedback but cant find an email address anywhere...

I don't have an email address for the GP guys but I think they do check LU!

they're just at the next desk over though so I'll mention it and send 'em through this link anyway.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Exactly. I lost interest during the retirees lunch segment.

spot on, Thursday night prime time isn't the slot for this type of stuff - it's a Saturday afternoon / Sunday morning thing

As mentioned before they are severely limited by how much current vision they can show, so they need other content. I believe they'd be better off with longer previews of the upcoming round with chat between the panel. Last night this was very rushed with token comments about players & teams rather than anything tactical - as a show with the title "The Game Plan" would suggest.

Tigger Madness

Juniors

they're just at the next desk over though so I'll mention it and send 'em through this link anyway.

Also, you might want to let them know that their banner ads on this site are wrong. Should be 8.30pm, not 9.00pm.

ONE002_ONE_HD_Digital_NRL_160x120_Animated.gif

Canard

Immortal
Or from next week onwards will it be bumped back to 9pm?

Its its still an hour show this is a poor decision from AFLVision, because come 9.30 it will get killed by the Footyshow.

Brutus

Referee
Did anyone see the Ch 10 news story tonight about the kick-off to the season?

Surprisingly Adam Hawse was the journo and one would have thought that NRL players had gone on a murdering rampage in the off-season. He brought up the NRL rap sheet graphic for the past 12 months and interviewed people to gauge whether the "horrible off-field behaviour" had dampened their enthusiam for the season.

It was a disgraceful piece. Had Carney not gone low-range DUI and Marshall not slapped a racist merkin, the off-season would have been deemed a success in terms of player behaviour.

The AFL have had a far worse off-season than us yet we, once again, get hammered from pillar to post, even by respected RL journos like Hawse.

RL continues to be the media whipping boy.

The Tank

Bench
Did anyone see the Ch 10 news story tonight about the kick-off to the season?

Surprisingly Adam Hawse was the journo and one would have thought that NRL players had gone on a murdering rampage in the off-season. He brought up the NRL rap sheet graphic for the past 12 months and interviewed people to gauge whether the "horrible off-field behaviour" had dampened their enthusiam for the season.

It was a disgraceful piece. Had Carney not gone low-range DUI and Marshall not slapped a racist merkin, the off-season would have been deemed a success in terms of player behaviour.

The AFL have had a far worse off-season than us yet we, once again, get hammered from pillar to post, even by respected RL journos like Hawse.

RL continues to be the media whipping boy.

Agree 100%. When they crossed I thought it'd be footy talk for a minute or so but it was just brutal.

docbrown

Coach
OneHD isn't a very high rating channel to begin with, when all the Packer Channel 10 stuff was happening there were people saying OneHD had 1% market share.

But as for the promo, if it wasn't for this site Id have no idea the show was on.

It fluctuates between 0.5%-1%.

It's why they need the supporter base of the biggest TV sport in the country - Rugby League - to start tuning in. They can't afford just to ignore it (as they have been mostly doing, except for negative press).

nrlnrl

First Grade

Do you work with them at Ch10 ?

Maybe suggest that they pace themselves better with the game previews - rather than just a rushed rip through of the line-ups with a few token comments. They could involve all the panel in the discussion to talk about tactics & matchups, a bit like NRL Tactics used to do. In the first show it was odd to spend so much time dwelling on the past when the kickoff to the new season was less than 24 hours away.

If the show is called The Game Plan it would seem sensible to include possible strategies of both teams. Also, break down weaknesses & strengths for teams as a group plus identify individuals who might be pinpointed by the opposition or those who can exploit something in the other team.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Congrats to Andrew Moore, Blocker and Joel Caine on presenting a rugby league show that our great game deserves. Absolutely loved it! Let's hope this is the first of many warning shots from Channel 10/OneHD signalling their intention to take the game away from the ass clowns at Channel Nein.

Latest posts