What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mmmmmm.... pvl doesn't seem to think so..
All I'm saying is he is looking at it from a brand point of view... bringing in a familiar brand people generally don't hate... ( and manly fans dont count) and set it up in a foreign market where the game is somewhat played/accepted and encouraged, and has potential for growth like perth or nz, seems to be a no brainer... if say puddy sticks his hand up and say yep we are resurrecting the reds, I'll be all for it, but it would need to get some partnership involved for some talent beneath the 1st grade squad, like what PR mentioned with a Qcup side.. but at the moment any and all news seems to be about the bears doing this or doing it in another location, dependant on the ARLCs wishes
Tbf sydney media has a hard on for the bears so we shouldn’t be surprised that’s all we are hearing. Also like previous attempts they like to play things out in public whilst other bids quietly go about their business. I wouldn’t necessarily read anything into the bears coverage v other possible consortiums at this point in time. When the nrl announces where I’d expect we’ll see a flurry of action and bids come to the surface in that city.

MugaB

Coach
Tbf sydney media has a hard on for the bears so we shouldn’t be surprised that’s all we are hearing. Also like previous attempts they like to play things out in public whilst other bids quietly go about their business. I wouldn’t necessarily read anything into the bears coverage v other possible consortiums at this point in time. When the nrl announces where I’d expect we’ll see a flurry of action and bids come to the surface in that city.
Well since your the local, if you see something, anything, in the local paper etc, screenshot it, post it... im usually just googling nrl expansion
Most of which ends up a DT bears feel good fluff piece that repeats the same garbáge, and has a pic of florimo... same goes for anything perth always has MG with his arm up and head in wrapped in tape... same recycled trash pieces

Dragonwest

Juniors
Looking at the Bold Park area looks like there is a nice parcel of land left for NRLWA and the West Coast Pirates to move on to!

View attachment 67290
It is critical that this happens soon. Get a guaranteed entry date, even if its 5 years away. Get the government behind it, develop the center of excellence and get the junior reps back up and running. We need out of Medina and into somewhere central.

Wb1234

Referee
Cronulla have the 2nd biggest junior base in Sydney, you think that happened overnight?
Keep on slaming reallity dude.. Stgeorges bay area has been swallowed up right under their noses... they didn't even have norths being in the nsw cup as an equivalent like manly has..
Yes you are very salty.. i get everyone has an opinion on whether the WA bears would work, but you carry on as if they don't deserve to exist, let alone vye for the next licence...
There's plenty on this very site, who suggest manly shouldn't either, being stuck in the small corner of the peninsula of north eastern sydney, I'm not like that.. i value all the brands that came before... including the bears
That’s an excellent post

Wb1234

Referee
This, All the the language I have heard from the Bears camp has been about rekindling the old brand and connecting to the existing Bears fans in Sydney, not expansion and growth in Perth. Should be a huge red flag for the NRL.
Lmao this forum never fails to deliver

Wb1234

Referee
Mmmmmm.... pvl doesn't seem to think so..
All I'm saying is he is looking at it from a brand point of view... bringing in a familiar brand people generally don't hate... ( and manly fans dont count) and set it up in a foreign market where the game is somewhat played/accepted and encouraged, and has potential for growth like perth or nz, seems to be a no brainer... if say puddy sticks his hand up and say yep we are resurrecting the reds, I'll be all for it, but it would need to get some partnership involved for some talent beneath the 1st grade squad, like what PR mentioned with a Qcup side.. but at the moment any and all news seems to be about the bears doing this or doing it in another location, dependant on the ARLCs wishes
Vlandys literally said Sydney doesn’t need any more teams

the bears knows this

yet the conspiracy theorists just ran with it

the same experts who said the dolphins are going to fail

Salty? That would be the people still bitter at Manly for the events of 20+ years ago.

Cronulla haven’t officially taken over anything, the St George comp has just withered on the vine to the point where their teams sometimes need to play in Cronulla’s comp to survive, just like Norths’ junior teams have played in Manly’s comps on and off since they were booted. That’s not a positive, it’s just another example of a suboptimal arrangement in RL. Look at it from an outsider’s perspective- does it make sense to have St George cover the St George area, have a big gap in the shire, then cover the Illawarra? No, it doesn’t. Does it make sense for a dead NRL team to cover the North Shore? No, it doesn’t.

I don’t know why you think the Bears will happily give up the North Shore after a move to WA. If the NRL give them their list of demands, it will legitimise them hanging on to it (and hang on for dear life, they will), leaving the north of Sydney trapped in a suboptimal arrangement. You’ll have the Bears feeding into WA, with a weak presence on the North Shore, and Manly on the Northern Beaches. That’s not having the area live up to its potential.
Manly should be given the North Shore and Dragons take over Sutherland.

North Sydney Sea Eagles and Southern Sydney Dragons. If Rabbitohs don't like it then Russell Crowe can take them to Hollywood.

MugaB

Coach
Manly should be given the North Shore and Dragons take over Sutherland.

North Sydney Sea Eagles and Southern Sydney Dragons. If Rabbitohs don't like it then Russell Crowe can take them to Hollywood.
Here's where fantasy loses reality, none of this will happen and has gone opposite... gtfoh with your anti sydney agenda.. its like me saying we should give gold coast to the broncos... this all coming from a dullard who thinks both logan and singapore should have an nrl team

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
You really should email these ideas to the arlc
I doubt he knows what e-mail is, lucky enough to figure out how to post his hate for broncos, sharks, sea eagles... basically anything in sydney, except for the roorters which to him is the pinnacle of rugba lieg of a well run club...
FMD... probably one if those murdock stooges working for the courier mail

Wb1234

Referee
I doubt he knows what e-mail is, lucky enough to figure out how to post his hate for broncos, sharks, sea eagles... basically anything in sydney, except for the roorters which to him is the pinnacle of rugba lieg of a well run club...
FMD... probably one if those murdock stooges working for the courier mail
His hatred of the broncos is incongruent with his love of super league

the bears knows this

Doesn't the Bears plan involve playing games in Perth and games at North Sydney Oval if they gain admittance as the 18th team.

I figure it is way too early for a second NZ team which would leave the Perth/WA Bears and possibly the 2 unsuccessful QLD team bids - Brisbane Firehawks and Brisbane Jets as the contenders.

Brisbane Jets and Brisbane Firehawks will need to drop Brisbane from their name though if they happen to bid again as Brisbane can only be used by GROTD's favourite team - Brisbane Broncos

You really should email these ideas to the arlc
As if those idiots would listen to anything that doesn't put NSWRL's interests ahead of everyone else.

Look at how they shit-canned Shane Richardson's proposal to wrest control away from the Sydney-centric "catchment" system!

The NSWRL clubs didn't want it because his platinum league would take away their power over the sport. They didn't care that it would free up resources so the governing body could fund the develop the game across all levels around the country far more efficiently.

NSWRL officials were against State of Origin in the late 70s and 1980. Them and the Sydney media labelled Queenslanders insane and stupid for wanting it. That's how dumb and short-sighted the NSWRL has always been. They wanted to keep the old system because it gave NSW a guaranteed victory over Queensland every year.

The ARLC, which is just an extension of the NSWRL, don't care about the long-term benefits of expansion across the country and rationalisation of Sydney because it would leave some of the smaller Sydney clubs behind. It's why we're the only major sport in this country to have zero presence at the professional level in Australia's fourth and fifth largest markets. We're now feeling the impact of the NSWRL's biased control over the game, with AwFuL leaping well ahead of us because the commercial sector and broadcasters don't want to invest in a game that only cares about Sydney while ignoring everyone else. The sad thing is the usual suspects from Sydney are too stupid to see it and will blame everything else for the decline, or pretend there is no problem and delude themselves into thinking we're ahead of AwFuL.

Last edited:

the bears knows this

If the Bears knew this then they wouldn't be demanding four games be played at North Sydney Oval. They're as stubborn as a mule and as dumb as dogshit. It's why all of their attempts to get reinstated have failed miserably over the last 22 years. The dumb buggers just don't learn from their mistakes because they have an entitlement complex fuelled by delusions of grandeur.

Wb1234

Referee
If the Bears knew this then they wouldn't be demanding four games be played at North Sydney Oval. They're as stubborn as a mule and as dumb as dogshit. It's why all of their attempts to get reinstated have failed miserably over the last 22 years. The dumb buggers just don't learn from their mistakes because they have an entitlement complex fuelled by delusions of grandeur.
The bears can ask for four games but I doubt vlandys will allow it

nor will they be allowed to come back to Sydney by stealth

and this will be the second time the arl has added a team from Perth so I hope the guys behind the bid don’t stuff it up this time around

damn this vlanyds and his Sydney centric ways

MugaB

Coach

and this will be the second time the arl has added a team from Perth so I hope the guys behind the bid don’t stuff it up this time around

Shake fist!!!! Don't make come up there sun!!

You've been told why the Reds failed. It was all down to the ARL slugging them with extra expenses to accommodate the the NSWRL clubs. Don't let this inconvenient fact get in the way of your pro-NSWRL revisionist stance of history.

Colk

First Grade

The only question I have about this idea is if the Bears decide ok we’re out of Perth and we want to go back to Sydney do you think the ARLC would have the guts to kick the Bears out?

Bearing in mind as well they have to sell nine games to broadcasters.

Iamback

Coach
Doesn't the Bears plan involve playing games in Perth and games at North Sydney Oval if they gain admittance as the 18th team.

I figure it is way too early for a second NZ team which would leave the Perth/WA Bears and possibly the 2 unsuccessful QLD team bids - Brisbane Firehawks and Brisbane Jets as the contenders.

Brisbane Jets and Brisbane Firehawks will need to drop Brisbane from their name though if they happen to bid again as Brisbane can only be used by GROTD's favourite team - Brisbane Broncos

Not sure NZ2 needs Bears,

Warriors are running sides in SG Ball and NSW Cup, No reason the other NZ team couldn't do the same. Flight times are virtually identical for both Auckland and say Wellington.

Bear name is good to get interest in a new market also to have junior pathways in place, Atleast until the new place has it set up

Latest posts