What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

MugaB

Coach
Don't drop the bears on us, as we are parochial, but do it in png, coz they are rugby league mad, and they wont care? Like seriously there's zero difference in that argument, it's basically the same argument, except Perth have zero interest in NRL compared to PNG, its like comparing Adelaide to Auckland, and saying Drop the jets on Auckland coz we'd rather be the failed Rams again,

roar articles are useless, all they are a dumb takes on even dumber ideas

Wb1234

Referee
Don't drop the bears on us, as we are parochial, but do it in png, coz they are rugby league mad, and they wont care? Like seriously there's zero difference in that argument, it's basically the same argument, except Perth have zero interest in NRL compared to PNG, its like comparing Adelaide to Auckland, and saying Drop the jets on Auckland coz we'd rather be the failed Rams again,

roar articles are useless, all they are a dumb takes on even dumber ideas
Perth need the bears precisely because they have little interest in rugby league

its to support them in the decades it will take to establish a foothold

MugaB

Coach
Perth need the bears precisely because they have little interest in rugby league

its to support them in the decades it will take to establish a foothold
Fk it, why bother arguing with that gift horse...
Whoever they become won't make them happy, they'll just find another thing to bitch and whine about, let em be the pirates and collect spoons

Dragonwest

Juniors
I get that but again Perth has 0 schools playing footy.

So even with those 30 schools only playing the game. There is 1000 kids atleast

That is before ramping it up for an NRL side coming in.

So while there is no doubt Perth's corporate support is there. The rest is why this Bears is even being mentioned

There are schooling in Perth running dedicated RL programs

Wb1234

Referee
Fk it, why bother arguing with that gift horse...
Whoever they become won't make them happy, they'll just find another thing to bitch and whine about, let em be the pirates and collect spoons
It’s funny seeing their reactions

plus this is like Christmas to me every club I ever wanted in the nrl is coming in (Brisbane 2 png nz2 and the bears)

the pace of expansion is also amazing after basically nothing happening for 15 years

Iamback

Coach
There are schooling in Perth running dedicated RL programs

Great.

Mind me asking what sort of numbers they put through it?

No matter what plan comes up, Perth locals in the East comp whether it be QLD or NSW need a good school program when the season ends in April

Wb1234

Referee
Great.

Mind me asking what sort of numbers they put through it?

No matter what plan comes up, Perth locals in the East comp whether it be QLD or NSW need a good school program when the season ends in April
Standard of local junior game in Perth would be awful

Sydney juniors playing against the elites

Iamback

Coach
Standard of local junior game in Perth would be awful

Sydney juniors playing against the elites

Hence my question. If enough schools play it you can lift the standard. If not the kids won't develop and the side will struggle

steeden.

Juniors
This might have been covered, but is there a view on how Norths handle a return to the top flight if in fact they get a Perth licence 100%? When Redcliffe got theirs they created a “new” club, meaning the original QCup team is technically separate. Would Norths be forced to do the same? Or do we view it is the same 1908 club with a hiatus like Souths?

Canard

Immortal
This might have been covered, but is there a view on how Norths handle a return to the top flight if in fact they get a Perth licence 100%? When Redcliffe got theirs they created a “new” club, meaning the original QCup team is technically separate. Would Norths be forced to do the same? Or do we view it is the same 1908 club with a hiatus like Souths?
Its a good question. Its open to a lot of interpretation, surely they cant get the licence 100% however, it would have to have some local ownership (right?)

There isn't much silverware to claim, so it may be somewhat a moot point!

Wb1234

Referee
They won’t get one hundred percent
Best they get is 50 percent

Norths nsw cup team will be seperate to the nrl team

I wanna know if the Perth team use 1908 or 2027 as the foundation date

Iamback

Coach

That was because QCup needs NRL and QRL sides to be seperate. NSW has no such rule

Nuke

Staff member
I don't know the answer, but this would be my preferred choice.

Vlad59

Juniors
I get that but again Perth has 0 schools playing footy.

So even with those 30 schools only playing the game. There is 1000 kids atleast

That is before ramping it up for an NRL side coming in.

So while there is no doubt Perth's corporate support is there. The rest is why this Bears is even being mentioned
Quite possibly your most pathetic post. And that’s saying something.

Canard

Immortal
Quite possibly your most pathetic post. And that’s saying something.
owned GIF

Latest posts