What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Iamback

Coach
My answer re wa jnrs numbers? Yeh it’s available via google.

Well no junior numbers are irrelevant because it counts kids u10 which don't help NRL teams. The amount of schools playing was the info I was after.

Not to mention the raft of incomplete results on the Play RL website. In particular the u15's age group which is where the Harold Matts players would come from.

Hell that website has nothing below u13's.

U13's has 10 teams
U15's has 5 teams

For example a google search came up with this.

Dated from 2020 and not current,

Not exactly enough information to show that Perth alone will be able to compete with the other 17 sides in that regard.

So google doesn't have all the info, As I don't live in Perth.

I am also of the opinion that the new team needs to partner with an East coast club.

I assumed those who were against that had information to go with that... I should of known better on this place

Attachments

• IMG_2844.png
    IMG_2844.png
    314.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Vlad59

Juniors
Well no junior numbers are irrelevant because it counts kids u10 which don't help NRL teams. The amount of schools playing was the info I was after.

Not to mention the raft of incomplete results on the Play RL website. In particular the u15's age group which is where the Harold Matts players would come from.

Hell that website has nothing below u13's.

U13's has 10 teams
U15's has 5 teams

For example a google search came up with this.

Dated from 2020 and not current,

Not exactly enough information to show that Perth alone will be able to compete with the other 17 sides in that regard.

So google doesn't have all the info, As I don't live in Perth.

I am also of the opinion that the new team needs to partner with an East coast club.

I assumed those who were against that had information to go with that... I should of known better on this place
So Captain Google concludes Perth needs a NSW nursemaid to cuddle them into the NRL. Whodathunk? Give it up you silly twat. Your agenda is blatant and you are boring.

docbrown

Coach
Perth aren't in a position to dictate terms. Neither are there Bears.

If Vlandys want the Perth Bears, it will be the Perth Bears.

If Vlandys doesn't want to give the Perth Whatevers a team because a new franchise is too risky, then there's no Perth team.

And if Perth are too stubborn, it wouldn't surprise me if we end up with the New Zealand Bears instead.

Bukowski

Juniors

If Vlandys doesn't want to give the Perth Whatevers a team because a new franchise is too risky, then there's no Perth team.

And if Perth are too stubborn, it wouldn't surprise me if we end up with the New Zealand Bears instead.
Sounds good to me

Iamback

Coach

Good post. Nailed the situation

Perth Red

Post Whore

And you know this how? the only quote we have from the man himself literally said perth isn’t conditional on a partnership with the bears.

Iamback

Coach
And you know this how? the only quote we have from the man himself literally said perth isn’t conditional on a partnership with the bears.

I know you and others want to put your head in the sand about the risks - happy to rightfully point out the ones in NZ 2 and PNG mind you.

If the franchise is seen as too risky then it doesn't happen. There is Brisbane 3 if they need to even up the comp.

Perth, PNG and NZ 2 are better longer term but none are must picks no matter what

Depends how determined the Perth bid is to go it alone really

Perth Red

Post Whore
I know you and others want to put your head in the sand about the risks - happy to rightfully point out the ones in NZ 2 and PNG mind you.

If the franchise is seen as too risky then it doesn't happen. There is Brisbane 3 if they need to even up the comp.

Perth, PNG and NZ 2 are better longer term but none are must picks no matter what

Nope, I can see the challenges a Perth club would have. But that doesn’t alter the fact that Vlandys has said the opposite to what you’re claiming.

id suggest what ever the wa govt is offering is enough for the arlc to take the risk. Whatever they’ve offered has caused them to do a 180 backflip from a couple of years ago on Perths chances And has now elevated them to fave for club 18.

Vlad59

Juniors

If anybody has their head in the sand it’s you captain google!

Canard

Immortal

You are saying the Bears are in a position to dictate, in this post.

Wb1234

Referee

Nailed it

Perth standalone has way more risk than png with 600 million backing or nz2

double standards from the Perth mob are glaring

Iamback

Coach
Nailed it

I am not going to rank the risk levels of the bids BUT the Perth bid have been speaking to the NRL.

It is up to them to convince the NRL they can standalone

Maximus

Coach
Nailed it

Let's see, 1 bid has the following risks, among others

High risk of riots and players being murdered
Lack of infrastructure
Most fans being unable to afford to attend games
Inability to survive without handouts
Players unlikely to want to play there
Long travel times for 80% of opponents

The other has the following, among others

Long travel times for all opponents
Players unlikely to want to play there
May have too small a fanbase

Yep I can see how one of them has way more risk than the other.