What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors 2006 Team :)

rayroxon

Juniors
Hey gang,

I think I've found the right place by the looks of it. Anyways I'd be much obliged if you could add me to whatever shenanigans you have planned.

Cheers!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Ok Rayroxon is now our latest addition into the squad.

Mix, if you still want to pull out of the team.

Ray, I hope you've had a read or visit the forum 7's central page. A simple version is, we're a team that writers articles (league articles mainly) in this compeition. Round one has already started. March 25th-April 4th). You can visit the forum 7's threads to glaze over older matches to get a glimpse in if you wish.

...and welcome to the team.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yup I'll have it done by wednesday. Is that the 5th? Or is thursday the 5th? Either way I'll have it done by wednesday. Maybe sooner depending on how I feel after work.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
KeepingTheFaith said:
Yup I'll have it done by wednesday. Is that the 5th? Or is thursday the 5th? Either way I'll have it done by wednesday. Maybe sooner depending on how I feel after work.

Wednesday is the 4th which is when Round 1 finishes.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
A reminder to the 4 other starting players to have their articles in the match thread before 9pm sydney time tomorrow. Thanks. Mine will be up at some stage tomorrow...probably around 8:30pm

Robster

Bench
hey can someone quickly read it, I had to rush mine and been called into work so if someone can fix the grammer and pm the corrections I would really appericate it.
-------------------------------------------------------------
MY DREAM TEAM

The Backline.

88715208ro1.jpg

Many people choose players based on skill and stats based on their career. But I for one am not just choosing these players for those 2 catagories, I am also choosing them based on personality, courage and for their own mountain triumph they call “Rugby League”.

Brett Mullins

Best Fullback I have ever seen. Known for his try scoring ability and his magic he uses to break the line.

Justin Murphy
37891024wc6.jpg

Have been fellowing this guy since his warriors debut hence – http://www.justinmurphy.co.nr (his website I made) had a mix time at the Warriors but climbed his everest last season by making the Super League Dream Team and becoming Super League’s top try scorer of 2006 playing for the Les Catalan Dragons. Known for his Sonic the hedgehog speed and his skinny size compared to the average Rugby League player.

Nigel Vagana

What comes to mind when talking Nigel Vagana is Kiwi Mana, loyalty , pride and class. Quick, with a great step and vision to back up at just the right time. Has a never say die attitude with a fantastic list of tries next to his name at international and NRL level.

Paul McGregor
55743036ep9.jpg

One of the biggest tree trunk centers in the modern time. Mary was not just a destructive attacking machine but is currently a great help to the league community. Will be remembered for his float in the air line breaks and his ability to slip a impossible pass.

Wendell Sailor

Possibly the best winger to have played the game. I hate supporting Brisbane but I always supported his block blasting runs and fends in the maroons jersey. Known as a deadly monster.

Laurie Daley (c)
64095880jp9.jpg

Dales is probably my favorite all-time player. When I was young the first match I watched was the Grand Final between Bulldogs and Raiders, not only did he have the same last name as me but his fantastic legendry foot work and play makes him my greatest player on this list. I'm giving Laurie the captaincy for his fantastic leadership he displayed for Club, State and Country.

Stacey Jones
93219375sc2.jpg

Might be small in stature but Stacey Jones has been a giant in New Zealand rugby league for more than a decade. Will be remembered his line breaks, kicks , clever passes and his status as the greatest Kiwi Rugby League player ever.

Mark Carroll

Awesome gutsy player. Has everything I look in for a player. Strong, hard running , fearless and Guts. Will be remembered for his rivalry with the Chief.

Robert Mears

Played for the Warriors and the tigers in the NRL. In my opinion Robert was amazing a dummy half, his elusive weaving ducking runs should suggest rep honors but was unlucky to get nothing..

Mark Tookey
“TOOOOOOOOOOKS” as the crowd would shout every time as he touched the ball. Was a very popular player during his duration at Parramatta and the Warriors. Also very effective and useful on the field. For his popularity and personalty off the field I’m going for Tooks.

David Kidwell

Has to be king of NZ MANA in New Zealand. Never known a player to put so much heart on his sleeve. Certianly a man to influence all kiwi people in general and a role model for all kiwi’s playing Rugby League Football.

David Barnhill

Hard to say why I’m choosing David, perhaps is was his bald head and solid strong defence and attack which has made me choose him as one of my favourite players. Never or less a very handy player in any side.

Kevin Campion

Steped up to the plate when he joined the Warriors in 2001. Always topped the tackle count. Was as strong as nails and as deadly as an axe. One of my true Warrior heroes of all time.

--
If I had to pick my immortal side of my generation then that’s the team I would choose. Its not just bout skill which makes a good team its friendliness and great role models for the game. These are the players I looked up to and admired for their contribution to the great game.

Might need to get someone to proof read this for you mate - it's a nice idea but it has really come off this time around.

A few spelling mistakes he and there dude - and I know from experience that the refs dont smile upon sentences like "Known as a deadly monster. "

To be honest I would offer to proof read it mate (as ive done before) but I wouldnt know where to start mate - but thats no reflection on your writing skills just that we have a different style

But a good effort none the less.

Robster

Bench
done a little editing....but not gonna have time to fully fix the mistakes.
-------
MY DREAM TEAM

The Backline.

88715208ro1.jpg

Many people choose players based on skill and stats based on their career. But I for one am not just choosing these players for those 2 catagories, I am also choosing them based on personality, courage and for their own mountain triumph they call “Rugby League”.

Brett Mullins

Best Fullback I have ever seen. Known for his try scoring ability and his magic he uses to break the line.

Justin Murphy

Been fellowing this guy since his warriors debut hence – http://www.justinmurphy.co.nr (his website I made) had a mix time at the Warriors but climbed his everest last season by making the Super League Dream Team and becoming Super League’s top try scorer of 2006 playing for the Les Catalan Dragons. Known for his Sonic the hedgehog speed and his skinny size compared to the average Rugby League player.

Nigel Vagana

What comes to mind when talking Nigel Vagana is Kiwi Mana, loyalty , pride and class. Quick, with a great step and vision to back up at just the right time. Has a never say die attitude with a fantastic list of tries next to his name at international and NRL level.

Paul McGregor

One of the biggest tree trunk centers in the modern time. Mary was not just a destructive attacking machine but is currently a great help to the league community. Will be remembered for his float in the air line breaks and his ability to slip a impossible pass.

Wendell Sailor

Possibly the best winger to have played the game. I hate supporting Brisbane but I always supported his block blasting runs and fends in the maroons jersey. Known as a deadly monster.

Laurie Daley (c)

Dales is probably my favorite all-time player. When I was young the first match I watched was the Grand Final between Bulldogs and Raiders, not only did he have the same last name as me but his fantastic legendry foot work and play makes him my greatest player on this list. I'm giving Laurie the captaincy for his fantastic leadership he displayed for Club, State and Country.

Stacey Jones

Might be small in stature but Stacey Jones has been a giant in New Zealand rugby league for more than a decade. Will be remembered his line breaks, kicks , clever passes and his status as the greatest Kiwi Rugby League player ever.

Mark Carroll

Awesome gutsy player. Has everything I look in for a player. Strong, hard running , fearless and Guts. Will be remembered for his rivalry with the Chief.

Robert Mears

Played for the Warriors and the tigers in the NRL. In my opinion Robert was amazing a dummy half, his elusive weaving ducking runs should suggest rep honors but was unlucky to get nothing..

Mark Tookey
“TOOOOOOOOOOKS” as the crowd would shout every time as he touched the ball. Was a very popular player during his duration at Parramatta and the Warriors. Also very effective and useful on the field. For his popularity and personalty off the field I’m going for Tooks.

David Kidwell

Has to be king of NZ MANA in New Zealand. Never known a player to put so much heart on his sleeve. Certianly a man to influence all kiwi people in general and a role model for all kiwi’s playing Rugby League Football.

David Barnhill

Hard to say why I’m choosing David, perhaps is was his bald head and solid strong defence and attack which has made me choose him as one of my favourite players. Never or less a very handy player in any side.

Kevin Campion

Steped up to the plate when he joined the Warriors in 2001. Always topped the tackle count. Was as strong as nails and as deadly as an axe. One of my true Warrior heroes of all time.

--
Coach: Brian Smith.
Captain: Laurie Daley.
Heros: Laurie Daley and Stacey Jones

If I had to pick my immortal side of my generation then that’s the team I would choose. Its not just bout skill which makes a good team its friendliness and great role models for the game. These are the players I looked up to and admired for their contribution to the great game.

Robster

Bench
How des this sound?

-------

Many people choose players based on their skills, statistics and career. But I for one am not just choosing these players based on this information, I am choosing these players based on their personality, courage and for their own mountain triumph they call “Rugby League”.

Brett Mullins
Brett Mullins is the best Fullback player I have ever seen play in rugby league. Mullins is mainly known for his ability to score tries and for his magic he uses to break the line.

Justin Murphy
I have been following Justin Murphy since his warriors debut hence – http://www.justinmurphy.co.nr (his website I made) had a mix time at the Warriors but climbed his everest last season by making the Super League Dream Team and becoming Super League’s top try scorer of 2006 playing for the Les Catalan Dragons. Known for his Sonic the hedgehog speed and his skinny size compared to the average Rugby League player.

Nigel Vagana
What comes to mind when talking about Nigel Vagana is kiwi mana, loyalty, pride and class. Quick, with a great step and vision to back up at just the right time. Has a “never say die” attitude with a fantastic list of tries next to his name at international and NRL level.

Paul McGregor
Paul McGregor is one of the biggest tree trunk centers in modern time. Mary was not just a destructive attacking machine but is currently a great help to the league community. Mary will be remembered for his float in the air line breaks and his ability to slip an impossible pass.

Wendell Sailor
Possibly the best winger to have played the game. I hate supporting Brisbane but I always supported his block blasting runs and fends in the maroons jersey. Wendell is known as a deadly monster.

Laurie Daley
Dales is probably my favorite all-time player. When I was young the first match I watched was the Grand Final between Bulldogs and Raiders, not only did he have the same last name as me but his fantastic legendary foot work and play makes him my greatest player on this list.

Stacey Jones
He might be small in stature but Stacey Jones has been a giant in New Zealand rugby league for more than a decade. Jones will be remembered his line breaks, kicks, clever passes and his status as the greatest Kiwi Rugby League player ever.

Mark Caroll
Awesome gutsy player. Has everything I look in for a player. Strong, hard running, fearless and Guts. He will be remembered for his rivalry with the Chief.

Robert Mears
Mears played for the Warriors and the tigers in the NRL. In my opinion Robert was an amazing dummy half, his elusive weave ducking runs should suggest representatives honors but he is very unlucky to get nothing.

Mark Tookey
“TOOOOOOOOOOKS” as the crowd would shout every time as he gets his hands on the ball. Was a very popular player during his duration at Parramatta and the Warriors. Also very effective and useful on the field. For his popularity and personalty off the field I am going for Tooks.

David Kidwell
Has to be king of NZ MANA in New Zealand. Never known a player to put so much heart on his sleeve. Certianly a man to influence all kiwi people in general and also a role model for all kiwi’s playing Rugby League Football.

David Barnhill
Hard to say why I’m choosing David, perhaps it is his bald head and solid strong defence and attack which has made me choose him as one of my favourite players. Nevertheless he is a very handy player on any side.

Kevin Campion
Campion the champion stepped up to the plate when he joined the Warriors in 2001. Always topping the tackle count. he is strong as nails and as deadly as an axe. One of my true Warrior heroes of all time.

If I had to pick my immortal side of my generation then these are the players in which I would select for a team. Its not just about skill which makes a good team, friendliness and great role models are also very important for the game. These are the players I have looked up to and admired for their contribution to Rugby League.

Latest posts