What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors 2006 Team :)

Jesbass said:
Skins, don't worry about me. I'll have an article up for sure.

When it comes to bench players, they should be writing an article as if they're in the starting side, regardless, so that if a starting player pulls out they already have an article ready and waiting. Just my 2c.

Yeah true that, to be honest I havent written anything for this round. Looks like i might be playing the next round, but to be honest I just havent had a chance to write anything yet. I dont even have the slightest idea what to write about at the moment

Robster

Bench
okay guys i'm called into work, if somene reads this in the next hour can something polish and fix my grammer/spelling up a little bit.....sorry its bit rush aye....but works full on. can someone post me the poished article by pm.

==============================
--
Just like the Island Way

If you think about sports in the Pacific Islands the first thing which would go to mind is Island Rugby or even more so Rugby 7’s. However with a bit of thought this can change into something more exciting.

Worldwide Rugby League is more I guess a ‘minnow’ sport compared the 15 man code.
Rugby league first came to the islands in 1986, with first international competition in the ‘Pacific Cup’in 1988.
After early promises and positives , the game took a turn for the worse during the Super League War in 1997. Not only damaging the ever so popular ARL and ESL , it also affected but a game in the Pacific Islands. This was followed by a fall in revenue from the 2000 World Cup, and the banning of cigarette sponsorship in Tonga almost saw the game disappear.

For years the Rugby League World have only had three Giants of the New Zealand Kiwis, Australian Kangaroo’s and the Great Britain Lions. But imagine a forth giant? Imagine professional NRL/ESL players with blood that links to being a Fijian, Tongan, Samoan or Papa New Guinean all merging to be one tribe, one continent. I present you my “PACIFIC ISLAND TEAM”.

Below I have selected players who would qualify to play for my Pacific Island team, I have excluded big name players such as Petro Civonoceva (fiji) Brent Kite (tonga) and Steve Matai (Samoa) as they are more then extremely likely to selected to represent one of the three ‘Giants” in each test match.

I have selected a few players who have played for New Zealand before, this is due to them being unlikely to get selected for the Kiwis team for quite sometime.

1 Patrick Ah Van (Warriors) (Samoa)
2 Henry Fa'afili (Warrington) (Samoa) (Kiwis)
3 George Carmont (Newcastle) (Samoa) (Kiwis)
4 Wes Naiqama (St George) (Fiji)
5 Lesley Vanikolo (Bradford) (Tonga) (Kiwis)
6 Thomas Leulauai (Wigan) (Samoa) (Kiwis)
7 Stanly Gene (Hull KR) (PNG)
8 Fuifui Moimoi (Parramatta) (Tonga)
9 Tevita Latu (Wakefield) (Tonga) (Kiwis)
10 Willie Brown (Roosters) (Samoa)
11 Sione Faumuina (Cowboys) (Samoa) (Kiwis)
12 Awen Guttenbiel (Castleford) (Tonga) (Kiwis)
13 Vinne Anderson (St Helens)

Bench
14 Charlie Tonga (Roosters) (Tonga)
15 Neville Costigan (Canberra) (PNG)
16 Fraser Anderson (Cronulla) (Tonga)
17 Karl Te Mata (Harlequins) (Cook Islands)

Captain: Fuifui Moimoi
Goal Kicker: Wes Naiqama
Coach: Marcus Bai (PNG)

Not just around the Pacific but Imagine the success and life to Rugby League World Wide if my above selected team was formed. Just think about how much joy and enthusiasm it would bring to the Pacific Nations and lastly ponder the above team competing against the three Giants of Rugby League.

And to think such players as Andrew Lomu, Clinton Toopi, Henry Perenara and the ‘Paea’ brothers missed out would suggest huge depth around a possible Island team. Not much would be lost if some of the top squad were injuried and not avalible with great back up.

I know if this were to work it would take quite some years to make it successful. I shall be putting a petition online up sometime in the next few weeks and then be sending it to the board of Rugby League to review.

What a dream to Rugby League if this were to be pulled of.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Thanks you Robster, you are a life saver mate. Sorry I don't have the time to go fishing my eyes over it as I'm in class (damn thing doesn't finish till 9:30pm but thanks heaps for getting it done either way. Looked like a good read to me.

I'm just pleased all five are in. thanks guys and I'm sorry if I got snappy!! Just..stress! LMAO.

Anyway I've got three starting spots filled and just need two more. Robster mate you can take a break for Round 3, so that means one of my regular bench boys aka nz warrior/ aussie warrior or Murphdogg1 need to come in...

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Congrats Warriors Froum 7's team for pulling off a win in Round 2; considering we were playing on home soil it was good to get it :-D special mention to rayroxon for an excellent debut.

Now I guess we'll look forward to seeing how the ANZAC test match goes, who's in..etc...

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Reminder- guys the ANZAC Forum 7's game is on. Match thread up...the Kangaroos are already gathering..lol..and I think LeagueNut is yet to open the thread to get Kiwi players in so I'm here to remind you if you are interested to be part of this, then put yer hand up and visit the Forum 7's headquaters thread every now and again to make sure the kiwis team thread is up. If it is, put yer name down. If you are interested.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Ok with the ANZAC match in waiting mode for the results I thought I'd get a head start on getting our Round 3 team together.
So who's in and who is out...let me know!!!

Oh I know this is late but congrats to Jesbass, Mixmaster, Robster, Murphdogg1 on taking part in the ANZAC team!!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Alrighty peeps, Round 3 starts today so come on, those who have put their hand up to play or not to play this weekend need to let me know. a.s.a.p

Jesbass

First Grade
I think I already have? Not sure. But if I haven't, put my name down for availability.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Hello fellow Forum 7 members. I think it's high time we put this old thread into use for '07 eh? LOL. So yeah all Warriors Forum 7 members come and post your avaliabilty/non-avaliabilty here from now on.
Thanks

byrne_rovelli_fan82

and quckly, I need the numbers for round 3!

Skinner

Coach
To whom this may concern :

Do you want this thread unstickied or merged with the Warriors thread in F7's.

Cheers