What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors place restrictions on AFB's transfer.

Yeah, definitely. Also think Cappy really wanted to be back here, too. Genuine enthusiasm can't help but be contagious, right?
Yea man absolutely, and that's what I was getting at... all coaches will say they're invested in a club, but like most things, it's the unsaid behaviours that really make the difference. And that's what's coming across with Webby at the moment.

Not suggesting Ciraldo isn't similarly invested at the Dogs, but I do remember when he took that job he openly said it took a while for him to feel like the Dogs were the right fit for him. Whereas I remember George saying Webby was all in from the very first phone call.

Reactions: Izz
we’re probably in a good position to look at getting Hamlyn-Uele for 2025, but as he’s under contract next year we wouldn’t be able to negotiate that one yet.
If he's off contract in '25, isn't he approachable from 1-Nov this year like the situation with Luai?

Actually yeah you’re probably right, unless the Sharks have first option?
Yea I dont know... I remember seeing a list somewhere of contract statuses that included club or player options but I cant remember where now. Need to track it down again for another look.

Juju

Juniors

Martin Devlin
@martindevlinnz

Sounds like AFB is out for the weekend. Official line is “ribs”. My mail is he ain’t happy. So who to believe? Here’s a prediction: He’s gone before the season is …
@NZWarriors
#upthewahs #nrl
I did find it odd he wasn't in the team victory song on Sunday...

And found it odd last year at the Newcastle semi the team were doing the breathing circle thing on halfway and AFB was behind the goal posts on his own... a month or so later it came out he wanted out.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I did find it odd he wasn't in the team victory song on Sunday...

And found it odd last year at the Newcastle semi the team were doing the breathing circle thing on halfway and AFB was behind the goal posts on his own... a month or so later it came out he wanted out.
When he was released from Manly he chucked a video up on social media of himself celebrating smoking a pipe lol. Devlin was ahead of everyone else on the Jett Cleary signing so must have a handy source

If there is anything to it and he ends up at the Sharks early, that is an unbelievable pack, they just keep churning out big bodies

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

One New Zealand Warriors prop Addin Fonua-Blake has been stood down from Sunday’s Indigenous Round match against the Dolphins on Sunday following a breach of club standards.
Head coach Andrew Webster said Fonua-Blake had removed himself from the dressing room after the 22-20 win over Penrith and wasn’t present for the post-match team address or the team song.

“This doesn’t meet our standards and Addin accepts full responsibility for his behaviour,” he said.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It's true, as per Warriors website
Says he’s been stood down for breach of team protocol after last weeks game- nothing else? Nothing about injuries or agitating for a release, though the latter would be believable in the context of it.
If he wants out early he can forego the rest of his contract and hopefully can’t play first grade for the rest of the season unless we get some sorry of compensation.

Says he’s been stood down for breach of team protocol after last weeks game- nothing else? Nothing about injuries or agitating for a release, though the latter would be believable in the context of it.
If he wants out early he can forego the rest of his contract and hopefully can’t play first grade for the rest of the season unless we get some sorry of compensation.
Reading between the lines it doesn't sound good. If he'd bailed on after-match stuff for a legit reason, e.g. family or injury, presumably that wouldn't be an issue and they would've said so. But to instead publish a terse one liner from Webby feels like the club's pretty pissed.

Meth

Staff member
His effort was uncharacteristically limp too, wasn't it? He's obviously got the shits about something.