What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett agrees to coach Knights for four years

juro

Bench
According to the daily telegraph Bennentts deal is worth 6mil over 4 years. That works out at 1.5mill a season so thats 100 thousand less then Souths.
It wouldn't be the first time souths have had to pay overs to try to attract talent...

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm probably abit biased but IMO Bennett has alot to work with at the knights. The team was run on a shoe string budget before and didn't look out of place even with all the injuries. Pika listed a few things that immediately put the knights at a disadvantage compared to probably every other club, e.g
*1st grade squad only get basic entry level dietary supplements, NYC get none
*Sports psychologist and nutritionist are only there in a consultant role
*no full time stats man
*outdated GPS equipment

These things might no seem much but with Tinkler there we'll go from the bottom to the top in regards to facilities and equipment. The front office was also running on a shoe string budget, so that will be fixed.
Tinkler's money also means we can now hold on to the Greg Birds, Anthony Tupou's, and Boyd Cordners.
Bennett comes into a team with a decent spine, some good young backs, and a decent backrow. Our frontrow is terrible but if we sign Snowden that will solve a few problems

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
They represent all that is evil in the NRL.

They are from a soulless, filthy, disgusting town full of disgusting, dirty, despicable people.

They are a stain on the NRL. Their numerous drug scandals have tainted our fine game like no other.

They deserve to die.

I loathe them.

Its a game of football. Grow up.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
i still think skeepe got raped or the sh*t kicked out of him in Newcastle. i hope he did, anyway.

LOL. pretty likely I think.

I grew up in Newcastle. He's not wrong about a lot of the people there but meh, good to see the Knights getting somewhere.

Shorty

Staff member
Congrats Knights, Perverse is sure hyped up about it.
But please don't pretend like you deserved it more than other clubs, because Newcastle sit damn pretty compared to....Cronulla, Warriors, Penrith and, of course, Souths.
These are all clubs with financial issues (bar the last) and struggling also.

Sore winners are worse than sore losers.

lynx000

Juniors
Yes, but the goodwill will wear off in 10, 9. 8, 7 .....

You watch the number of posters that have you as the new silvertails and the massive hate to follow.

perverse

Referee
Congrats Knights, Perverse is sure hyped up about it.
But please don't pretend like you deserved it more than other clubs, because Newcastle sit damn pretty compared to....Cronulla, Warriors, Penrith and, of course, Souths.
These are all clubs with financial issues (bar the last) and struggling also.

Sore winners are worse than sore losers.
i said we deserved it. i didn't make any relative comparisons to other clubs, i don't feel the need to sh*t on anyone, i'm just over the moon that we got him.

am i not entitled to be a bit hyped up about it, or would you prefer us Knights fans came in a gave a little golf clap?

lynx000

Juniors
i said we deserved it. i didn't make any relative comparisons to other clubs, i don't feel the need to sh*t on anyone, i'm just over the moon that we got him.

am i not entitled to be a bit hyped up about it, or would you prefer us Knights fans came in a gave a little golf clap?

Go for it, it is a huge signing. I hope that he is able to get you guys a premiership as well. If it comes in the first 2-3 years, don't be surprised if he walks away as well.

Silent Knight

First Grade

You watch the number of posters that have you as the new silvertails and the massive hate to follow.

You're absolutely right on that! Rusty is leading the charge! After Rusty heard the bad news he boarded his trusty boat Tugger and is now enroute to Newcastle Harbor! He's got the hate real bad on Tinkler!

snapshot5.jpeg

Making mooovies, making music and fooiiightin' round the world!

Shorty

Staff member

Man you are defensive about the whole Bennett thing, all I'm saying is other teams have to put up with a lot more crap.
Try not making the finals for 10 years, and having no premierships.
But it is a good signing, and good for RL, so hopefully you guys get a premiership in the next few years.

perverse

Referee

you're not wrong, and i'm expecting it for sure. we're pretty used to anonymous hate, though... skeepe has kept the flame burning strong almost entirely on his own, with a bit of help from his fellow Raiders. i certainly won't be losing any sleep over it, i quite enjoy the hate. when you're a hated team, you're usually doing something right.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Dissapointing, but FMD how satisfying would it be if we end up stealing Stone from the Knights with a massive offer and he ends up coaching us for a decade...

Mr Saab

Referee
Dissapointing, but FMD how satisfying would it be if we end up stealing Stone from the Knights with a massive offer and he ends up coaching us for a decade...

Why not, your stupid club signed Langmack to a three year deal after not winning a game.
I am sure Knights fans would never be able to sleep if they lost Stone as an assistand.
FMD you are deadsh*t

Latest posts