What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are screwed!!!!!!! Johns has been charged

stevo

Juniors
Grow up people! First you attack some poor guy for just voicing his opinion then you start calling fellow Knights supporters traitors. What Joey did was wrong. A 4 weeks suspension is wrong but so is not giving him one at all. He didn't learn last time so maybe this time he will.

I think that he should have been sent off but at the time but what was the point, there was no time left ( well next to none). Maybe a the NRL need to come up with a 'suspended sentance' type thing. Like, a fine first time, then a bigger fine, send them out to the schools and get them to talk about how they should respect elders and authority figures and like also a 3/4 week suspension that will only be served out if they a dumb enough to reaffend again aswell as another fine. Maybe give them the 'suspended sentance' thing the first time.

They need to do something. Joey was embarassing. Swearing is one thing but if he has directed it at the ref (like it seems to look) then there is no excuse and he should be punished accordingly.

RABK

Referee
May i just say that i am personal friends with some forumers including Macavity so it's just light hearted banter on his part....i think... :p

stevo

Juniors
well maybe but still some people are being quite rude to people for having a different opinion, no wonder people from other forums don't like us much and think we are nothing but bias idiots

thuganomics

Coach
Let me say this. If Joey fights and gets a down-graded charge and only misses 1-2 weeks and we have a fit Joey for the finals....were still a pretty big hope of going a long way in this competition.

Bicey_18

Bench
Just watching NRL Scoreboard and its made me realise even more that Warren Smith is a F*ckwit..... He looooves giving it to Newcastle, talking about the forward pass and things that went for us etc....He is nothing more than an amateur

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Bicey_18 said:
Just watching NRL Scoreboard and its made me realise even more that Warren Smith is a F*ckwit..... He looooves giving it to Newcastle, talking about the forward pass and things that went for us etc....He is nothing more than an amateur
I noticed that too and I also noticed that they didn't go to the Steve Bell knock on in the leadup to Matt Orford's try. I spose thats because it didn't suit his argument.

Burwood

Bench
The new footage that clearly shows Johns swearing at Cecchin is pretty damning. I can't believe that he was stupid enough to claim in his newspaper article that he was innocent- he has blatently lied to Newcastle supporters and the NRL about his conduct after the game.

He'll cop the suspension on the chin now, and hopefully we'll still be around in the 2nd week of the finals for him to make a comeback.

cram

Bench
Any chance he had of surviving this fiasco was gone when he wrote that article in the paper. That was the nail that closed the coffin. Like I said in a thread I created there will be remorse, the article should have been the time to display it.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
If the NRL is trying to make a point with their disciplinary action, they're going about it in the worst way possible. Without Johns demonstrating some contrition for his actions, his suspension isn't going to serve to dissuade children from viewing his swearing in a positive light. More, they've given every child in the country the opportunity to see Johns' behaviour and hear his words. They're making a martyr out of him.

For the rugby league playing child, whose perspective do you think it is easiest to empathise with? That of the player, allegedly robbed of a crucial game, or of the referee, who suffered the indignity of having two four letter words launched at him after making the call? Kids following the NRL aren't going to think 'if Johns was punished, obviously his actions were wrong' - they're going to think 'that bloody evil NRL is so unfair' and act accordingly. The NRL's response has been much worse for the game's image than the act could have ever been on its own.

Cram - I disagree. Maintaining that his swearing was not directed at the touchie was basically the only chance Johns had of avoiding being disciplined. As it stands, there are enough weak points in the judiciary's evidence for him to mount an effective challenge.

Alex28

Coach
The footage shown yesterday shows Chechin run past him, Joey turns his head towards him and says the ill-fated words. It shows intent and it clearly shows that he aimed the comments towards him. I simply can't see any holes in that - partcilarly given the NRL have said the audio picks up what he said.

Our only hope is that we appeal the severity of the sentance.

mrford61

Juniors
If our coaching staff use their brains they will use this as a motivator for the next few weeks. Build up a "them and us" siege mentality. Convince the boys it is a plot to bring the Knights down, feed them raw meat, and declare war. Put some mongrel into them.

That might work.

CJKnight

Juniors
Johns has been made a f**king example because of his standing in the game. He admits he swore in the heat of the moment, but it wasn't directed specifically at the refs.

He gets 3 weeks if he takes the early plea or 4 if he fights and loses. The bye counts as one week so that might take him into the 1st week of finals (possibly against the Bulldogs or Storm if we finish 7th-8th).

Hope we win against both Panthers and Cowboys. With the bye that should still place us in the top 4, giving us a second shot if we lose 1st week of finals without Joey. We still want that top 4 position!

At least Mullen and Davico are returning from injry this week. That should boost the side and we all know Joey will pump them full of high-octane stuff to get them riled up to beat the bad record without Johns.

If we have any hope at all, Mullen and Thiaday will be our standouts over the next couple of weeks. If Kidley tries to be too much of a playmaker, we are shot ducks. We need Mullen to make his mark, NOW.

The bye doesnt count as a round at all.

3 weeks means his back 2nd week of finals.

4 weeks means his back 3rd week of finals.

If it was only for the last rounds of the year he'd be mad not to take it.

CJKnight

Juniors
Shoot! Then we HAVE to get a top 4 berth for the best chance at a 2nd shot if we lose!

Hope Joey does win the battle and get downgraded suspension.

jack daniels

Juniors
Knights management made it worse,
Johns made it worse with his newspaper column
He deserves what he gets!

And as for all your posts that you are screwed now because he will be suspended, thats what you get for relying on one man!