What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we cant win with timmy

CrazyEel

Bench
eelavation said:
not many would after dislocating their shoulder..it showed a great deal of mental and physical toughness and I applaud him for it.
Tim is a very important part of out team but he really impressed me last night coming back like that. No one with any sense can accuse the kid of lacking ticker or toughness any more, not even Pete.

Stagger eel

Staff member
btw guys, don't discount Tim having having damaged ligerments on his shoulder after last night, I'd be surprised if his shoulder came of unscathed after it cooled down.

we may have to go without him for a couple of games.

Sean7

Juniors
I'd say we can't win with Nathan Cayless. I still say I've never seen him have a great game against a great team. He has no impact at all.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sean7 said:
I'd say we can't win with Nathan Cayless. I still say I've never seen him have a great game against a great team. He has no impact at all.

Yeah....he had no impact whilst making more metres than any other of our forwards. Well spotted :roll:

caylo

Bench
Bazal said:
Yeah....he had no impact whilst making more metres than any other of our forwards. Well spotted :roll:

Cayless:
55 min
49 Tackles (2 missed)
19 Hitups
120 meters
2 tackle breaks

Cayless' work rate was exceptional, he isn't quiet back to the form he was at before his mum died, but he dominated against the Dogs (when we lost), he has been your best player consistantly this year.

Sean7

Juniors
Bazal said:

While I'll admit that's a funny post, good looking looking stats and impact in the real world are quite different.

Everyone's also saying that Hayne's kick returns are no good at fullback, but Hayne's stats are damn fine. He makes about double the amount of metres that Burt was making.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sean7 said:
While I'll admit that's a funny post, good looking looking stats and impact in the real world are quite different.

Everyone's also saying that Hayne's kick returns are no good at fullback, but Hayne's stats are damn fine. He makes about double the amount of metres that Burt was making.

And why does Cayless, who has always been a hard working prop, suddenly need to provide impact rather than doing what got him an international captaincy? Isn't impact what guys like Fui and Mateo are supposed to be providing?

Suitman

Post Whore
Bazal said:
And why does Cayless, who has always been a hard working prop, suddenly need to provide impact rather than doing what got him an international captaincy? Isn't impact what guys like Fui and Mateo are supposed to be providing?

There is no doubt he works hard, but I'm sick to death of seeing him hit the advantage line (just), and then being driven back 5 metres.
Leg drive, impact, go forward. He struggles.
Work rate - he tries very hard.

Suity

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Suitman said:
There is no doubt he works hard, but I'm sick to death of seeing him hit the advantage line (just), and then being driven back 5 metres.
Leg drive, impact, go forward. He struggles.
Work rate - he tries very hard.

Suity

Totally agree. Look i like Cayless and believe he's a good player, but his hitups lack venom.

Sean7

Juniors
If your captain is a prop and he doesn't make an impact, then that's pretty sad. Impact is not just a short burst sort of thing. I'm talking about seriously affecting how our team plays. When we need our forwards to stand up, he never seems to be there. Cayless never seems to fire up. He looks like a back taking the ball up compared to a lot of other props. I'm not going to question his workrate, but as a frontrow leader, I think he is lacking.

As for having to prove himself because he was captain of NZ, well if you so much as bump into a New Zealander at some stage in your life you'll be asked to play them.

Bazal

Post Whore
I disagree, I reckon he's the best leg driver in our pack, and certainly the most consistent metre maker. I think people like to use him as a scapegoat because he doesn't fit the exciting, modern, Dave Taylor/Mark O'Meley mold of front rower who throws himself wildly at the line. He is the only forward in our side who can consistently make 100 plus metres, the rest just don't...And then there's the defensive work he gets through. You want impact, look elsewhere, IMO Cayless does his job and does it perfectly.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bazal said:
I disagree, I reckon he's the best leg driver in our pack, and certainly the most consistent metre maker. I think people like to use him as a scapegoat because he doesn't fit the exciting, modern, Dave Taylor/Mark O'Meley mold of front rower who throws himself wildly at the line. He is the only forward in our side who can consistently make 100 plus metres, the rest just don't...And then there's the defensive work he gets through. You want impact, look elsewhere, IMO Cayless does his job and does it perfectly.

I think thats Parras problem though, too many workers not enough enforcers, take out Fui who do we have? Cannings to a certain degree......but i reckon Paulo has a stack of potential and could really be a gun for us next year,actually he will be. He and Fui of the bench would cause the opposition massive problems.

goboggo

Juniors
Oh. My. God.

Now this thread has moved on from Tim bashing to Caylo bashing. Honestly, some of you guys have no idea.

Prior to his two weeks off Cayless was one of the major reasons for our success. At his best (and since he's been back we probably haven't seen him quite at his peak yet) he makes yards, defends like a demon, and can produce fantastic offloads - everything you need from a prop. He was made captain of his club, and his country, at a young age for a reason - he's obviously a leader. He is widely respected by other forwards in the comp too, so that says something I think.

But No, his leg drive isn't good enough, or he isn't a good leader of the forwards because he doesn't make 'impact' :crazy:

C'mon guys, if you're that upset about us losing surely you can find better scapegoats than Tim and Caylo.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
I think thats Parras problem though, too many workers not enough enforcers, take out Fui who do we have? Cannings to a certain degree......but i reckon Paulo has a stack of potential and could really be a gun for us next year,actually he will be. He and Fui of the bench would cause the opposition massive problems.

I agree, but I don't think the problem lies with Cayless. I think it lies with the side carrying all three of Chad, Ian and Wags. All of those three are good players, sure, but we don't need 4 working backrowers and two working props in a side. Drop, for example, Wagon for Paulo or Hauraki, and the whole dynamic of the side changes

lucablight

First Grade
Sean7 said:

While I agree he was ineffectual last night he was one of the best props in the NRL earlier on in the year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
goboggo said:
Oh. My. God.

Now this thread has moved on from Tim bashing to Caylo bashing. Honestly, some of you guys have no idea.

Prior to his two weeks off Cayless was one of the major reasons for our success. At his best (and since he's been back we probably haven't seen him quite at his peak yet) he makes yards, defends like a demon, and can produce fantastic offloads - everything you need from a prop. He was made captain of his club, and his country, at a young age for a reason - he's obviously a leader. He is widely respected by other forwards in the comp too, so that says something I think.

But No, his leg drive isn't good enough, or he isn't a good leader of the forwards because he doesn't make 'impact' :crazy:

C'mon guys, if you're that upset about us losing surely you can find better scapegoats than Tim and Caylo.
Well said.

Kornstar

Coach
I would like a player with the style of Steve Price, if we had a prop the quality of Steve Price we would win the comp many times with the backline we have......

Cayless may be a good player, but i would not class him "great" like a Price or Hindmarsh and that is nothing against Cayless, just the way it is unfortunately.....

My only gripe with Cayless is that he can go missing in the big games ala Cowboys 2005 semi......i aint looking for impact in him, that is what we have Fui for, however he doesn't seem to lift when it really matters imo, that is why i would not call him a "great" of the game.....

Sean7

Juniors
Kornstar said:
I would like a player with the style of Steve Price, if we had a prop the quality of Steve Price we would win the comp many times with the backline we have......

Cayless may be a good player, but i would not class him "great" like a Price or Hindmarsh and that is nothing against Cayless, just the way it is unfortunately.....

My only gripe with Cayless is that he can go missing in the big games ala Cowboys 2005 semi......i aint looking for impact in him, that is what we have Fui for, however he doesn't seem to lift when it really matters imo, that is why i would not call him a "great" of the game.....

Cayless only has one gear and when we meet the top teams he seems to disappear off the radar. Other frontrowers start to take big hit-ups when their team is struggling, but Cayless just starts to become even less effective when it really matters.

Someone else said that Cayless has been a one of the key reasons for our success this year and that's true. Unfortunately I also think he is one of the reasons we struggle in big games when it counts. He plays pretty consistantly, but personally, I do expect some impact from him too.

caylo

Bench
wow... Cayless pretty much has carried our pack all year. Tops the count in offloads and tackles per match for a prop. He doesn't have the build to best devastating aka Asotasi. But to say he doesn't lift in big games is a little off, against the Dogs when we lost he single handily tamed their pack. He was hitting the line at speed, and breaking tackles. He also allows Fui, and Cannings to be more destructive. Give him a break!!