What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'We should have won four comps' - Willie

simon says

First Grade
All I can say is Buddah bless Willie.....turned a boring off season into a beauty.

Im so sick of sacharine sweet players to scared to say anything but glib cliches.

I love nothing more than a verbal through the media.

IMO I agree with R69.......Folkes being the coach should have kept his gob shut,he fired the first shot,and Mason has teed off deluxe.

Really interesting to see if anyone who has played under Folkes comes out and agrees with big Willie.

If I worked for the papers Id be looking for ex-Bulldog players with an axe to grind....Itd make an excellent read.

Flame on.

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:
it was petty, and folkes having known mason for so long would have known it would incite a reaction. Folkes could have been a bigger man and go on with things, he didnt, so mason's fired up... personally i dont really care other then the fact its making the off season unusually entertaining. But yes, i think Folkes is fair game.

Folkes' ''little dig'' mustve really hurt will for him to come out with the outburst he has.
I doubt we'll get a reaction again from SF, its clear folkesys words cut willie, but Im sure - like a stranger insulting another on a net forum- willies insults mean jack sh*t to folkes, if it was someone he respected Im sure he'd lose some sleep, but as its willie, well...we all know what thats worth....

There are legends of the game, Folkes is one.

Then theres your colourful figures. They dont get respect from those that matter.

As someone else pointed out, Roosta fans take note, you got this to look forward to, he'll only get worse. :lol:

TITAN1

Juniors
Its probably a plan by Folkes,pi$$ Willie off to roosters,willie splits the roosters,and roosters sink to the bottom.:)

Smartman

Juniors
TITAN1 said:
Its probably a plan by Folkes,pi$$ Willie off to roosters,willie splits the roosters,and roosters sink to the bottom.:)

They have been non existant anyway for the past 3 years.

Now they're getting alot of coverage, their very few fans are blowing a load over the goof :cool:

Apey

Staff member
This article just completely sums up Mason's thoughts on being bigger than a game.

I would find it humorous except it's just written/said so childish, I don't find it funny.

you r borin n u hv no frendz dun pic on me plz

eelavation said:
does Anthiny Mundine mean anything to you????

People thought Mundine had a big mouth, :crazy:

Compared to Willies, Mundines mouth is the size of a golf ball and Willies is bigger than Sydney Heads :lol: :lol:

philstorm

Juniors
ShadesOfTheSun said:
I do not have respect for Folkes. I can't believe he came out and bagged me on Friday. He had the chance to shut his big mouth but he didn't because he's obviously dirty on me.

LOL

Classic from Willie.

Folkes > Dog crap > Willie

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
innsaneink said:
I didnt think this f**kwit could go any lower imo of him, but he has.
What a childish hissy fit.

I thought he was taking four with him this year.
I wish he f**kt off to england.

Even as an opposition supporter, Folkes as a player and a coach will always have my respect, he has something Mason will never have - class.

Exactly, I'll put the integrity of Steve Folkes on the line any day of the week against Mason's.

Chachi

Bench
I thought the league lifted their Ritalin ban for him? Obviously not.

Does anyone actually take his sh*t seriously, other than his braindead mates?

I think I'll call him "Jonah" from now on, "cause people think he's tough 'n sh*t".

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I agree that it's making the off-season a little more interesting, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Mason is a petty f*ckwit. What a bitch.

EGGG

Juniors
Mason is a knob. Not even a week and already stirring sh*t up and embarrassing the club.

I've supported the Roosters for 15 years and until last week I'd never doubted my allegiances.

I'm so disgusted by the thought of this hideous, crass oaf representing the Roosters that I will never watch another Roosters game, on TV or at the ground as long as he is a part of the team.

I actually saw Freddie with his wife and 2 kids at Bondi Junction last Friday, but I refrained from saying anything. I'm saving it all for when I see Willie some day walking around pretending to be an Eastern Suburbs resident, money cant buy you class Willie you knob. We all want you to leave, you're a blight on the club and the area.

gregstar

Referee
EGGG said:
Mason is a knob. Not even a week and already stirring sh*t up and embarrassing the club.

I've supported the Roosters for 15 years and until last week I'd never doubted my allegiances.

I'm so disgusted by the thought of this hideous, crass oaf representing the Roosters that I will never watch another Roosters game, on TV or at the ground as long as he is a part of the team.

I actually saw Freddie with his wife and 2 kids at Bondi Junction last Friday, but I refrained from saying anything. I'm saving it all for when I see Willie some day walking around pretending to be an Eastern Suburbs resident, money cant buy you class Willie you knob. We all want you to leave, you're a blight on the club and the area.
i read you champ.

if we'd signed the deadsh*t, i'd have quit supporting the dragons.

i'm struggling with the fact wendall will be in our club colours next season. that's bad enough.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wow, a Roosters fan with a conscience. About time one spoke up. Well said EGGG.

Roy Masters wrote an article after the Hapote 'bum and finger' incident.
If memory serves he said something along the lines that the "ARU and AFL would never admit it, but they would love to get the media coverage that league attracts" while most of the fans on this site come on and worry that the game's reputation is being ruined. I'm not saying you're wrong for doing so but I'm gratefull for all the colourful characters that RL has produced. The above mentioned, Mundine and Willie included.
For all his brilliance on the field, ET cut a dull figure of it and not many threads were written about his prowess. After all, great players' exploits on the field don't fill press articles Tuesdays to Thursdays.
Love him or loath him he's keeping league in the paper and this fine forum busy.
Come on guys, this is going to be an off season that's actually enjoyable.
God bless rugby league.

Dave Q

Coach
Wow I read that and now I hate Steve Folkes!!

Willie is right, Folkesy is evil.

His wrongful conduct has cost the dogs and the game dearly

I think Folkesys actually a spy sent from the Union to destroy Rugby League!!

We could be the only sport on earth right now if Folkesy had quit the game 10 years ago!

Lets hope the Roosters wrote a lengthy all-embracing STFU clause in Willies contract.

Mason is a posionous tool.

EGGG

Juniors
Babyface O'reilly said:
Roy Masters wrote an article after the Hapote 'bum and finger' incident.
If memory serves he said something along the lines that the "ARU and AFL would never admit it, but they would love to get the media coverage that league attracts" while most of the fans on this site come on and worry that the game's reputation is being ruined. I'm not saying you're wrong for doing so but I'm gratefull for all the colourful characters that RL has produced. The above mentioned, Mundine and Willie included.
For all his brilliance on the field, ET cut a dull figure of it and not many threads were written about his prowess. After all, great players' exploits on the field don't fill press articles Tuesdays to Thursdays.
Love him or loath him he's keeping league in the paper and this fine forum busy.
Come on guys, this is going to be an off season that's actually enjoyable.
God bless rugby league.

That's nonsense. Shooting up your high school also keeps you in the papers but that's not the sort of attention the Roosters should want.

Willie is not a "colourful character", he is a dickhead. He lacks the intelligence and tact to be considered colourful. He is a puppet controlled by his manager, who cashes on his lack of articulacy, common sense and decency by making him appeal to the lowest common denominator.

ET and his like are what the Roosters need, locals who can play football and stay out the police station(not a lot of ask, right?). The Roosters last "ET" was Ricko and the club has done downhill ever since he left.

Latest posts