What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webb

red and blue

Juniors
I have a very bad feeling about this. You know that the fact we dont want him well probaly end up with the lump.

Charlie124

First Grade
Deadset Knights, what are you guys smoking down there?? im genuinely amazed that there are no less than 3 NRL clubs and some Super League clubs chasing Webb. I thought he's just go over to England on the first contract offered to him, now there looks like there will be a fight over his signature, LOL!

I, along with every other Cowboys fan will be glad to see the back of him. Such a wasted tallent.

It'll be absolutely hilarious to see him and Kaufusi OR him and Manukafoa (if the eels get him) running around together next season.

Big Tim

First Grade
Deadset Knights, what are you guys smoking down there?? im genuinely amazed that there are no less than 3 NRL clubs and some Super League clubs chasing Webb. I thought he's just go over to England on the first contract offered to him, now there looks like there will be a fight over his signature, LOL!

I, along with every other Cowboys fan will be glad to see the back of him. Such a wasted tallent.

It'll be absolutely hilarious to see him and Kaufusi OR him and Manukafoa (if the eels get him) running around together next season.

Its always sad when your favourite player, and your internet username is sh*t.

Charlie124

First Grade
Its always sad when your favourite player, and your internet username is sh*t.

I used to be a fan of Carl Webb, back when he would have a dig and frequently show the great tallent he was given but he's never been my favourite Cowboy, let alone favourite player.

Enjoy!

Serc

First Grade
Ooer thanks :D was just about do do the rounds of the Tele and the SMH!

Rejoice!

Matt23

Staff member
Thank f**k for that! The only people disappointed about this are Krispy Kreme's & Derby's pies.

Joker's Wild

Coach
PARRAMATTA have notched a second recruitment victory over Newcastle in a week, this time winning the race to sign former Test prop Carl Webb.

A victory? More like the booby prize

and thank God/Buddah/Allah/Gishnu/Zeus/Apollo we "lost" that race

Alex28

Coach
What an awesome day :)

Parramatta - one win I'm glad for you guys to have over us. Good luck!

Noname36

First Grade
Thank God for that. I actually think Kafusi has been going well for us (a lot better than I expected him to go anyway). Getting out of NQ was obviously good for him. Webb on the other hand I couldn't have handled. Even back when he was supposedly "good", I still thought he was sh*t.

Our bullet dodging is simply amazing.

Bicey_18

Bench
Newcastle must be the most unpopular team in the NRL......

No one wants to come here..

I think we will fold in a couple of years, the club has too many average players and no high quality stars...

Bicey_18

Bench
Im sick of every other team signing players left, right and centre yet here we are struggling to sign anyone. What is so unpopular about Newcastle??????????

Seriously, am I the only one that is P*ssed off over this whole situation??? Im not talking about missing out on Webb... just in general. We have missed out on roughly 20 players? Signed 1 decent one?? Something is not right

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Newcastle must be the most unpopular team in the NRL......

No one wants to come here..

I think we will fold in a couple of years, the club has too many average players and no high quality stars...
Yes

Yes

No

B-dos

Referee
spot on bicey

what a dire situation we are in. seems to be lost on some here who one minute are disgusted we chase Webb and the nest are elated we've been snubbed by him. forget webb, this is yet another example of the state the club is in at present

how many times have we heard 'we dodged a bullet' in this forum? doesnt this raise serious questions firstly of our coach, management and recruitment? and secondly of the clubs ability to sign anyone of any quality?

fact is we are chasing crap players and being snubbed by them. it says it all really

Bicey_18

Bench
spot on bicey

what a dire situation we are in. seems to be lost on some here who one minute are disgusted we chase Webb and the nest are elated we've been snubbed by him. forget webb, this is yet another example of the state the club is in at present

how many times have we heard 'we dodged a bullet' in this forum? doesnt this raise serious questions firstly of our coach, management and recruitment? and secondly of the clubs ability to sign anyone of any quality?

fact is we are chasing crap players and being snubbed by them. it says it all really

Exactly right.

We will finish bottom 4 next year and then what? Nothing will change... sign probably Jarrod Hickey for 400,000 and have Stone say he is exactly what Newcastle is about.

Come on Rick, where are the other irons in the fire? Oh thats right.. they all knocked us back

The club needs to start from scratch, all the way from the top... total cleanout. I mean seriously what were they thinking when they had to hire a new coach... "Hmmm who should we get... Stephen Kearney? Steve Folkes? Michael McGuire? NOOOO!! Rick Stone!!!!"

Last edited: