What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webb

beave

Coach
I feel for you boys if you sign this fat merkin........ I have a distinct dislike for him, have so for about 4 years, he has the heart of a pea and a gut the size of sydney harbour.

Pure_Knight

Juniors
the decisions our management make can be so confusing sometimes.... whether it is stone, onslow, something higher not sure.. but wow.. some of them this year have been laughable...

on another note.. im a bit worried about our backline next year....

If gidley plays in the halves and not at fullback i dont rate mcdonnell or naiqama as long term solutions.. neither has ballplaying ability or much instinct to chime into an attacking play... and maitutai is young.... farrar or capewell would solve this problem

on the wings.. other then Uate... i think K naiqama is a defensive liability and raw, macmanus offers no attack what so ever.. and thats it.. wed be looking at lulia, or wes as other options that are both centres otherwise... i dont rate john williams all that much but a solution.. probably a few more floating around

in the centres although we have sau and macdougal.. we still lack that xfactor., that centre that can tear a team apart with a lil bit of space.. jennings, morris, hodges, inglis, folau, gasnier, lawrence etc... sau and macdougal are more about physicality then anything...

halves i guess we just have to pray henry turns out alrite... or keep gidley there and sacrifice a fullback

Rusty

Juniors
Maybe the club's feeling the pressure? The desperation of signing a 'big name' has set in. Except the big name that is Carl Webb is infact a big fat donut.

Spot On

Coach
I couldn't believe we made a play for the big cat Mason and now this thread pops up. It doesn't deserve a response. However, after watching Mick Gordon tonight I find it hard to believe no club wanted him. The bloke is a f**king machine. Surely Penrith can't put him back on the wing now?

Spot On

Coach
the decisions our management make can be so confusing sometimes.... whether it is stone, onslow, something higher not sure.. but wow.. some of them this year have been laughable...

If gidley plays in the halves and not at fullback i dont rate mcdonnell or naiqama as long term solutions.. neither has ballplaying ability or much instinct to chime into an attacking play... and maitutai is young.... farrar or capewell would solve this problem

on the wings.. other then Uate... i think K naiqama is a defensive liability and raw, macmanus offers no attack what so ever.. and thats it.. wed be looking at lulia, or wes as other options that are both centres otherwise... i dont rate john williams all that much but a solution.. probably a few more floating around

in the centres although we have sau and macdougal.. we still lack that xfactor., that centre that can tear a team apart with a lil bit of space.. jennings, morris, hodges, inglis, folau, gasnier, lawrence etc... sau and macdougal are more about physicality then anything...

halves i guess we just have to pray henry turns out alrite... or keep gidley there and sacrifice a fullback

Did anyone notice this big pansy tonight. An absolute disgrace. Lose some weight and have a go. Couldn't be bothered contesting the high ball on his own tryline or having a run from dummy half when he needed to. Bulldogs are in trouble if Ben Roberts is running the show next year.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
I couldn't believe we made a play for the big cat Mason and now this thread pops up. It doesn't deserve a response. However, after watching Mick Gordon tonight I find it hard to believe no club wanted him. The bloke is a f**king machine. Surely Penrith can't put him back on the wing now?

Yes Gordon is a machine, both on and off the field, but still doesn't get the recognition in the media that other similar players have received.

Webb, if signed, will be a fatter, more sloth like version of Reynoldson that thinks he can fight a bit, and once scored a pretty good try. We would be better off not spending the cap space we have free for next season than spending it on signing Carl Webb, even if it was match payments, it's still overs.

Yosh

Coach

We bought in the Luliliki (sp) guy who is apparently a gun. I'd say at the moment Maddog is as good as any of those guys. Sure not long term but players like Inglis and Hodges don't come around very often and Brisbane are very fortunate to have them. Morris, Lawrence and Jennings go okay but onthing fantastic while Gaz isn't the same player (well not yet).

We also have perhaps the best striker weapon the in game at the moment in Aku and other teams would love to have Aku in their team over some of the players you mentioned anyways.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Pure_Knight said:

Neither do I mate, everytime he sings waltzing matilda at a Wallabies game I just want to punch him in the face

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Did anyone notice this big pansy tonight. An absolute disgrace. Lose some weight and have a go. Couldn't be bothered contesting the high ball on his own tryline or having a run from dummy half when he needed to. Bulldogs are in trouble if Ben Roberts is running the show next year.

Don't think the Dogs are a happy camp. Their side is a rabble. Penrith were rank ordinary last night and they still ran them down. Mind you, Tighes try wasn't a try, but they still had no idea how to finish them off.

What about Roberts kicking to the corner with a minute to go and 10 metres out.

In any case. J Morris will be coming home soon enoough.

Serc

First Grade
Stone eager to weave in Webb
BY ROBERT DILLON AND BRETT KEEBLE
31 Aug, 2010 04:00 AM

KNIGHTS coach Rick Stone believes former Queensland Origin enforcer Carl Webb would be a "good fit" for Newcastle next season who could provide their pack with an intimidatory edge.
Stone travelled to Sydney on Sunday and spent two hours with Webb, who is off contract at the end of the season and set to part company with the North Queensland Cowboys.
Stone said the Knights had not decided yet whether to table an offer to the 29-year-old, who has reportedly attracted interest from Parramatta, Penrith and English Super League clubs.
"I mainly went down to meet Carl Webb, because I'd never met him before, and try to find out what he's like and what motivates him and what he can bring to our footy club," Stone said.
"I think he'd be a good fit for Newcastle. Being a bit of a country boy, I think he'd have an affinity with the town, for sure. But I'm still working through the process and having a look at some videos to do a little bit of homework on him."
Stone said the Knights "probably need to make up our minds pretty quickly" if they should make an offer but admitted the prospect of unleashing Webb and confirmed signing Neville Costigan (Dragons) in tandem was an enticing one.
"That's an angle that attracts you, I suppose," he said.
"He's played a bit with Neville before and they're pretty tight mates, and between those two they could definitely bring a bit of an intimidation factor to your team. I think every team has to have a little bit of that, particularly in the forwards, and that probably attracts me a little bit."
A 180-game NRL veteran who has played 12 times for Queensland and a lone Test for Australia in 2008, Webb's main issue in recent years has been fitness - or lack thereof - but Stone said some players can benefit from a change of scenery.
"Generally with those sort of blokes, it [ability] is there, but it's a matter of whether they have the real desire and motivation to make it happen," he said.
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/stone-eager-to-weave-in-webb/1927454.aspx

While I personally was 50/50 on Kaufusi, as he seems to have the assets to be a good prop...when it comes to Webb I really don't see much to latch onto. At least we haven't made an offer just yet, if that can be judged as good news :p

Joker's Wild

Coach
Does Stone actually watch footy? He has had plenty of time to do his "homework" on Carl and he shou;d be well aware of how truely crap he is

FMD what is going on here?

Latest posts