What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

strider

Post Whore
saturday is a bummer :( - i have to be somewhere else at 2:45 - altho I might be able to make the 2nd half

Stagger eel

Staff member
Team for Sateurday.

1 Tim Motimer
2 Iwi Hauraki
3 Etu Uesele *
4 Matt Raftery
5 Jono Wright *
6 Mark O'Grady
7 James Maloney
8 Jeremy Latimore *
9 Marty Mitchell
10 Nathan Cleaver
11 James Grehan *
12 Justin Horo *
13 Brod Wright *

14 Jacob Byrne
15 Mitch Stansfield
16 Justin Wood
17 Alf Betham
18 Ben Taia

* All contracted for next year

1) interesting to note that Etu and Raftery are listed as playing in centres which could be for the first time this year.

2) Don't be surprised if Joey G and Brett Blaker declare themselves availiable to play which will no doubt see a major reshuffle off the side.

3) I've also been reliably informed that regardless of all the results on the weekend the semi finals will be played at Campbelltown in the next 2 sundays while the GF will be at ANZ stadium as a curtain raiser to the NRL grand final.

I thought we confirmed it would be on the grand final program a while ago.

Ticketek Website.com.au said:
Box Office Opens: 11.15am
Gates Open: 11.45am
VB Cup Grand Final: 12.15pm
Toyota Cup Grand Final: 2.15pm
NRL Grand Final: 5.00pm
Approx Finish: 7.30pm

eelz47

Coach
jono wright try, missed goal

wenty 8 cobras 6

4 till half

try grehan maloney goal 14 or 12 to 6

bartman

Immortal
* All contracted for next year
That's not many contracted for next year, just quietly... Do you know if they generally sort out the less established players after season end year to year, or are many of the above already going elsewhere.

Stagger eel

Staff member
44-16 winners...

I'll post in more detail in the next day or so as I'm pretty busy but suffice to say it was a very satisfying result.

just for colexico, Nathan cleaver was absolutely outstanding today and based on that performance he wouldn't be too far away from a contract.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That's not many contracted for next year, just quietly... Do you know if they generally sort out the less established players after season end year to year, or are many of the above already going elsewhere.

yes they do and you can add Jeff robson, Callan richardson, Marty Lewis, Tim Robinson, Tim Mannah and Dave Baumann to that squad, there is a chance that we may hold onto Cleaver and Mitchell.

so generally speaking it's a similar squad to this year with the exception of the halfback.

Calexico

Juniors
44-16 winners...

I'll post in more detail in the next day or so as I'm pretty busy but suffice to say it was a very satisfying result.

just for colexico, Nathan cleaver was absolutely outstanding today and based on that performance he wouldn't be too far away from a contract.

:D Thanks for that Stagger and wow that's a great confidence-boosting win to get their finals underway. Must have been a great spectacle!

bartman

Immortal
yes they do and you can add Jeff robson, Callan richardson, Marty Lewis, Tim Robinson, Tim Mannah and Dave Baumann to that squad, there is a chance that we may hold onto Cleaver and Mitchell.

so generally speaking it's a similar squad to this year with the exception of the halfback.
Cool. That's not as bad as the asterixes seemed on first read!

Good news about the result/performance, cheers all for the updates.

strider

Post Whore
great result ... would have liked to have gone and watched but got stuck doing some other stuff :(

how does this comp's finals work? top 8? same setup as NRL? ... or something different/better? ..... any idea when they play again cos I'd love to get along to a game before the GF?