What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

bartman

Immortal
Don't know what game will be shown in the usual Wednesday 5-6pm slot on Fox. There's a website that sometimes carries coverage though... a guy usually comes and posts in here if the Wenty game is going to be on.

bartman

Immortal
I think it's same Mcintyre top 8 system Strides, Stag's mail was that the remaining semis will be played on Sundays at Campelltown/Orana Park...

strider

Post Whore
cool - sundays r better than staurdays for me atm :D .... so I assume we'll not play next weekend and then the gf qualifer the week after that

Don't know what game will be shown in the usual Wednesday 5-6pm slot on Fox. There's a website that sometimes carries coverage though... a guy usually comes and posts in here if the Wenty game is going to be on.

Yes it will be on fox apparently at 5:00pm on Wednesday.

Also this is the McIntyre final 8 system, We have won and hence we will get a bye, with the Cobra's to bow out of the competition, because Balmain Ryde Eastwood (8) defeated North Sydney (1) today as well.

bartman

Immortal
Thanks for that MITS. So Wenty is now ranked highest winners. Making next match the weekend of 28th September.

Excellent it'll make the Wednesday show as well!

bartman

Immortal
Ah, and it seems Blake Green did get that call up for the Sharks, and was not running around for the Cobras ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
3 Maloney - clinical display, had the ball on a string all day, ran the line, fed his forwards and kicking game was very good, probably his best game for a very a long time.

2 Joey G - dominated the fringes and terrorised the sharks defence all day.

1 Cleaver - carted it up all day and is improving each week.

notible mentions: Tim Mortimer, Jono Wright, Latimore and Marty Mitchell

3 Maloney - clinical display, had the ball on a string all day, ran the line, fed his forwards and kicking game was very good, probably his best game for a very a long time.

2 Joey G - dominated the fringes and terrorised the sharks defence all day.

1 Cleaver - carted it up all day and is improving each week.

notible mentions: Tim Mortimer, Jono Wright, Latimore and Marty Mitchell

I agree Maloney had a corker yesterday.

Nikki

Coach
Except for with the boot. And you cant even blame the breeze coz he has been under par for the last few weeks. Do we not have a back up?

But his over all game was brilliant :D

Okay so to my Reckoning, this is how the finals will now go.

QF 1 - Jets (4) Vs Wolves (5) - Jets Won
QF 2 - Sea Eagles (3) Vs Magpies (6) - Magpies Won
QF 3 - Wenty (2) Vs Cobras (7) - Wenty Won
QF 4 - Bears (1) Vs Tigers (8) - Tigers Won

Semi 1 = Tigers Vs Sea Eagles
Semi 2 = Magpies Vs Bears

Preliminary 1 = Jets Vs Winner Semi 2
Preliminary 2 = Wenty Vs Winner Semi 1 (Tigers Vs Sea Eagles)

Grand Final = Winner of Preliminary 1 vs Winner of Preliminary 2.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought Cleaver was terrific, any info on him would be great. And is he with us next yr?????

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought Cleaver was terrific, any info on him would be great. And is he with us next yr?????

came and trialed with us from NZ and apparently has only played league for about 2 or 3 seasons, I'm not exactly sure whether he's contracted to Wenty or parramatta but I am told that the coaching staff are very impressed with him and could be offering him a contract soon.

Probably the most improved player of the squad.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well he has plenty of size about him and he kept hitting it up hard all game. Exactly what the first grade needs ATM.

Latest posts