What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

Diesel

Referee
Yes, they've said that they'll bring back the Clydesdales as a feeder team in the QLD Cup

I didn't know that, I knew Toowoomba was in their catchment area but to bring back the Clydesdales or another Toowoomba Q Cup team is good for the game.

So theoretically Toowoomba, Ippy Jets and Souths-Logan would be their feeder teams

gyallop

Juniors
Thats what they have put up , 3 ISC feeder clubs in the Corridor. Makes sense Broncos would then have Redcliffe Norths and Wynnum. Titans burleigh and tweed so nice spread around SEQ and good pathways for players.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Ipswich Mayor Paul Pisasale said the council was determined to strike a deal with the AFL club.

"We are very serious," Cr Pisasale said.

What a stupid piece of shit. He's being used as a pawn, just like in Blacktown.

Clarke

Juniors
The ARLC is sitting on their hands? Last I heard they have a plan in place to gather information about the best way to expand over the next 18-24 months before being rushed into a stupid decision and end up having poor expansion teams and the issues that come with them. They must do this because the previous administration had nothing in the way of research and information gathering in regard to expansion.

Even when that process is all done and complete there is no guarantee that any bid will be selected as apart of the expansion process which includes this bid.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Actually they are as they are not going to start that process for two years, so arguably they are sitting on their hands for two years.

Clarke

Juniors
Yes because the ARLC won't be doing anything in regards to expansion until 2014 after complaining that they can't seriously look at expansion now because the lack of research into it the old administration did.

You are naive if you are thinking they won't be putting research into it before the end of 2014 to have at their hands to make a decision yay or nay and where. Otherwise, we won't be waiting until the end of 2014 for the decision, we'll be waiting until the end of the 2016 season. The ARLC know what they are doing, they haven't let the fans down yet. Except some slight delay in the draw that everyone is whinging about.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yes because the ARLC won't be doing anything in regards to expansion until 2014 after complaining that they can't seriously look at expansion now because the lack of research into it the old administration did.

You are naive if you are thinking they won't be putting research into it before the end of 2014 to have at their hands to make a decision yay or nay and where. Otherwise, we won't be waiting until the end of 2014 for the decision, we'll be waiting until the end of the 2016 season. The ARLC know what they are doing, they haven't let the fans down yet. Except some slight delay in the draw that everyone is whinging about.

Though I agree with you on the part in bold, I doubt when 2014 comes around they will feel they have enough information to announce where and when they will be expanding.

I think they already know where they want to expand next, and it maybe that the areas they want to expand to are ready for a team now, but I also think they are very nervous about expansion after what happened in the nineties when there was to much expansion to quickly, and the way the Titans have gone financially has only made them more nervous about expansion.

I hope they announce there expansion plans in 2014 but I think it is more likely that they will announce there plans around 2016. The only way that they will announce expansion in 2014 is if the TV stations express an interest in an expanded competition, which would make them speed up the process and expand before the next TV deal.

gyallop

Juniors
Clarke, Grant's actual statement was

"We do not want them or their supporters lost to the game and commit that following the 2014 season we’ll conduct a formal and full review on expansion"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-expansion-20121029-28e41.html#ixzz2CcBUxebN

They may do some homework but with no review till 14 and given the lack of urgency that the ARLC has displayed so far at best it will be a decision late 15 or early 16 and new teams in probably 18 to coincide with the new rights.

I can BS on comments by Grant on Gallop and his lack of review into expansion , there is ample press about the bid process to suggest otherwise. Gallop was trying to put pressure on clubs to get sustainable or risk punting or relocation , remember it was Grant who wouldnt let Gallop kick the Titans out or least Searle out so Grant's go slow on expansion is about bowing to the pressure of the Clubs for them to get cash and nothing about Gallop's lack of diligence in my view.

It is a bit much for Grant to throw rocks at the previous admin when any idiot knew the game would get 100m either side of a Billion for the TV rights and the ARLC from their lack of action obviously didnt do any preliminary planning. How do we start a footy year with not a basic idea on Cap and funding, wouldnt you work a budget of 800m so you were ready 1 Nov. and then bank the overs to a slush fund and use that for emergencies??

Perth Red

Post Whore

That is not what grant said. He stated that they will not begin the process of reviewing expansion until end of 2014 but could run a bid process alongside the review process.

CQ Italia

Juniors
It will be interesting to see who Souths-Logan Seniors & juniors align with? Currently their juniors/schoolboys have a strong link with Raiders still. It seems Western Corridor may have support of the Logan Council, but Bombers could align with the QCup side? (although Souths-Logan like Capras will have a different current NRL feeder relationship soon)

Clarke

Juniors
Clarke, Grant's actual statement was

"We do not want them or their supporters lost to the game and commit that following the 2014 season we?ll conduct a formal and full review on expansion"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-expansion-20121029-28e41.html#ixzz2CcBUxebN

They may do some homework but with no review till 14 and given the lack of urgency that the ARLC has displayed so far at best it will be a decision late 15 or early 16 and new teams in probably 18 to coincide with the new rights.

I can BS on comments by Grant on Gallop and his lack of review into expansion , there is ample press about the bid process to suggest otherwise. Gallop was trying to put pressure on clubs to get sustainable or risk punting or relocation , remember it was Grant who wouldnt let Gallop kick the Titans out or least Searle out so Grant's go slow on expansion is about bowing to the pressure of the Clubs for them to get cash and nothing about Gallop's lack of diligence in my view.

I removed the part of your quote that went off topic. Gallop had the bid teams do research into expansion but the NRL partnership didn't commission any research on expansion.

That is not what grant said. He stated that they will not begin the process of reviewing expansion until end of 2014 but could run a bid process alongside the review process.

If they do nothing until the review process begins in 2014 then expansion won't happen at all until 5 years. The fact that when this was put to John Grant he turned it down with a negative shows that they are looking at more mid-term situation than 5 years. Which will mean that ARLC will have to look into it before the official review process begins. To think that any professionally sporting organisation will go into a review process with nothing is very silly and this organisation (the ARLC) while still young has shown that it is very professional.