What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

adamkungl

Immortal
Meh...there are better names than the Crushers...surely theres some awesome vicious native animals hanging around South QLD. There are no snake or spider mascots in the NRL. Vipers or Cobras or Redbacks or something...

taipan

Referee
Nah .I would go for the Taipans mean,fast ,slippery,venemous,scary and bodies to kill for.;-)

bobmar28

Bench
Meh...there are better names than the Crushers...surely theres some awesome vicious native animals hanging around South QLD. There are no snake or spider mascots in the NRL. Vipers or Cobras or Redbacks or something...

Cobras in QLD?

beave

Coach
Are there Raiders in Canberra????

Or Dragons/Dragon slayers in Wollongong?

Last edited:
How does this bid expect to be taken serious if they are still confused about their identity and what area they are actually covering?

CCBEARS know what territories we will be covering, like wise with CQ & W.A. and even a second NZ team (which has no bid but knows what area they will cover).

I'm all for a 2nd Brisbane team, Ive lived there most of my life. But you also need organization to have a bid and this Ipswich or Western or South QLD bid has nothing at the moment. Let them sort out just what area they'll first be covering then everything will go from their (business model, ownership model, community initiatives, colours and branding, sponsors & corporate partners). However they have none of this at the moment because they are not sure what area they are bidding for.

boonboon

Juniors
Use a real Australian name like the Wombats - hard, compact , great forwards pack comes straight to mind and after the nation wide recognition of Fatso the Fat Arsed Wombat at the olympics they get so many supporter. I say any team without a real Australian name should not be allowed into the Comp so for the Central Coast it is the CC Koalas (Imagine the merchandise they would sell to the tourists)

bobmar28

Bench
How does this bid expect to be taken serious if they are still confused about their identity and what area they are actually covering?

CCBEARS know what territories we will be covering, like wise with CQ & W.A. and even a second NZ team (which has no bid but knows what area they will cover).

I'm all for a 2nd Brisbane team, Ive lived there most of my life. But you also need organization to have a bid and this Ipswich or Western or South QLD bid has nothing at the moment. Let them sort out just what area they'll first be covering then everything will go from their (business model, ownership model, community initiatives, colours and branding, sponsors & corporate partners). However they have none of this at the moment because they are not sure what area they are bidding for.

My guess is they are bidding for Ipswich Jets to be awarded a franchise and they would be drawing on support from those Brisbane people who are not Broncos fans.

bobmar28

Bench
Use a real Australian name like the Wombats - hard, compact , great forwards pack comes straight to mind and after the nation wide recognition of Fatso the Fat Arsed Wombat at the olympics they get so many supporter. I say any team without a real Australian name should not be allowed into the Comp so for the Central Coast it is the CC Koalas (Imagine the merchandise they would sell to the tourists)

Wombats is a lame name for an NRL team. Almost as bad as Swans, Cats etc but then AFL is a lame game.

juanfarkall

Coach
Within the local community (Ipswich and SW Brisbane) the Ipswich Jets have a reputation for being a financial basketcase who continually struggle to pay their debts.
Even in the past few seasons the club has been existing on the bones of it's arse and has struggled to make ends meet.
Those of us who have had the misfortune to deal with the club over the past 20 years find it more than a little amusing that the Fokkers have the audacity to be speaking about an NRL Bid as anything other than pie in the sky as it has little credibility within the local community with anyone other than those seeking publicity and an extra line for their own CV's..

adamkungl

Immortal

Yes!
Although it might harm the Coogee-Randwick Wombats NRL aspirations :sarcasm: