What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

Goddo

Bench
The bid team was formed after Mr Gallop said two teams would likely be admitted for the 2013 season. Mr Gallop said Ipswich, Perth and the NSW Central Coast were the top contenders to house the next team, and Ipswich would eventually be home to its own club.

This is the important bit for mine - They want a team in Perth, Central Coast and Ipswich, but Ipswich may have to wait until the next expansion. PNG and Central Qld are pipe dreams.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
This is the important bit for mine - They want a team in Perth, Central Coast and Ipswich, but Ipswich may have to wait until the next expansion. PNG and Central Qld are pipe dreams.
Both are still more viable than the Gazzas or Duracells imo.

We’re lucky that we are spoilt for choice when it comes to expansion.

mightybears

Bench
The Broncos would never ever ever ever ever ever in a billion years let another side be entered into the NRL using the name "Brisbane", you are deadset kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

hopefully they use South Queensland, but you deadset think they can stop another team using Brisbane if they want to? :sarcasm:

Scarves

Juniors
All this is doing is proving how strong Rugby League really is. All these contenders promoting their expansions dreams under their own steam, their own overwhelming community support and their own sponsorship. Completely unlike the forced AFL driven propaganda machine that ignored the only independantly promoted expansion zone (Tasmania) and have artificially life supported the Gold Coast and GWS.

We as a game should take our time with this, we want to watch the mistakes that are made by AFL and choose the expansion teams based on unstoppable community support. Great times for Rugby League. We could be looking at another golden era.

Mike_Jets

Juniors
Dundee United and Dundee Fc
Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Celtic
Manchester City and the Manchester Scum
Bristol Rovers and Bristol City
Inter Milan and AC Milan
Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid
and hundreds more in europe alone

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah....and the fact that sport in this country, especially RL, is based on tribalism and the Tigers and Bulldogs woke up to that fact.

mightybears

Bench
I can't see how having 2 teams named Brisbane would work.

well i'm saying South Queensland is better, but why wouldn't another 'Brisbane' work? Franchise mentally that currently exists means that its Heart and Victory anyway, even if they both start with Melbourne.