What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

dgsfan

Juniors
The next TV deal is going to be massive, no doubt. Realistically, if no extra FTA timeslots are added, how much is FOX going to pay for that extra game? How much do they pay now?

dgsfan

Juniors
That was in reference to applesauce's post re marketing revenue for the two new teams. Didn't realise I had to explain myself so thoroughly. I shall spell it out in laymans terms for the not so bright people next time.

_Johnsy

Referee
how does a marketing revenue for 2 extra teams equal advertising income loss. If you look at CC, they are in a very strong financial position (based on their financial and business models) & perth will have no issues with income and sponsorship. So how exactly does this = a sponsorshp loss?

Please spell it out in laymans terms so you can understand exactly what you are rambling on about.

_Johnsy

Referee
Afterall one more additional game (2 teams advertising possibilities, another game for NRL to attract sponsors to, TV advertising for an extra 1 and half hours TV time for tv to get extra advertising/sponsors) This somehow equates to a possible advertising loss.

I had an inkling you were a complete idiot, your latest effort confirms it.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
When? For a finals game? Plus a few local derbies? Sure theyre happy to do that. The rest of the games are on their doorsteps at Leichhardt, Campbelltown and Stadium Australia. So dont act like their fans flock to the SFS every second week.

As mentioned, are Ipswich fans going to travel 40k every second week to watch them play teams from interstate? Hmmm.

You are assuming all Jets fans will be coming from Ipswich. I'm sure plenty will take advantage of the free public transport from Ipswich. But I am also sure that most fans will be Brisbane people looking for a team other than the Broncos to support.

bobmar28

Bench
There is a need for a team on the Central Coast though mate, I think thats what youre failing to grasp. Add that to the fact their bid is light years ahead of anything else, it would seem almost silly to not admit them.

Do we need another Queensland team? Yes. Do we need another NZ team? Yes. Do either have any semblance of a bid? Not really.

A year or 2? Most reports Ive read have said that the NRL will call for bids mid way through this year. Bids in a year or 2 will be no good for 2013 admittance into the NRL.

But there is no need for an 11th NSW team.

bobmar28

Bench
Again, like many of your statements, still waiting for the Goddo proofs-where is the proof that the CCB's will not bring new revenue streams but Ipswich/SEQ will?

The IC should ask the nine network where they would like to see any new teams. That would give some indication where teams should go.

franklin2323

Immortal
The next TV deal is going to be massive, no doubt. Realistically, if no extra FTA timeslots are added, how much is FOX going to pay for that extra game? How much do they pay now?

If it's a Live game they won't care. I read somewhere either Sat arvo at 3.30 or Sunday night at 6pm are the holes in the schedule.

So the extra game looks good to the broadcasters.

4pm kick off in Perth gives us the 6pm live on the Eastern timezone I am pretty sure the Rugby doesn't have games on Sunday so the Force fans will come also. The odd 6pm kickoff on a Sunday is a heap better than Monday nights for families

bobmar28

Bench
How is one suppose to go forward with any sort of bid without sponsors on board before hand? Money magically rains down? Jets alone don't have the cash to finalize a bid, they need sponsors and memberships or private/corporate backing for funds to enable them to actually hire the correct
people to help the bid. As CC, CQ and WA have done. If it were the dolphins, I'd say fair enough as they have equity but the Jets? They need sponsors pre bid to generate funds to formulate the complete bid.

To say it's not a neccessity yet is rubbish and proves my point that people here are under-informed about the bid. I already stated that they approach rtedwards yet were turned down. So yes they are looking for sponsors. But no one is knocking the door down to back them. Mortage House, QRNational and Cash Converters were locked in as sponsors of the other bids well and truly before the end of the year.

To suggest Ipswich isn't far off the pace is ludicrous. You need money to have a bid, there's no denying that. You need community involvement for a bid.

As for memberships, the NRL have underlined the importance they serve to every club in the comp. All bids again are signing them up or getting petition signatures. Again the lack of work from Ipswich isn't lack of effort rather a lack of strategy. But what would I know right?

Be careful what you wish for. If you keep talking up the CQ bid like that the IC might just go for them. Whatever happens it has to be WA and QLD.

bobmar28

Bench
The Ipswich bid represents the South Queensland area (like it or not).

I think they will, but I think they'll wait until QLD is ready.

1 team in 2013 (Reds) and another in 2015 (QLD) would be perfect.

And would prolong the interest.

bobmar28

Bench
The NRL will not expand if that means they will be forced to have a bye.

It'll be two bids, that why the NRL is currently talking up two of the bids. The year may change, but if that happens that will only be done because of biased towards QLD bids as they the SEQ is currently merely more then just a dream.

People will believe anything if their heart is there though, which is why so many people say so much dumb things on these sites without sources or inside sources.

Just out of interest what are the AFL doing about that situation with the Suns starting this year and GWS next year. Will they have a bye? Does anyone know?

bobmar28

Bench
how does a marketing revenue for 2 extra teams equal advertising income loss. If you look at CC, they are in a very strong financial position (based on their financial and business models) & perth will have no issues with income and sponsorship. So how exactly does this = a sponsorshp loss?

Please spell it out in laymans terms so you can understand exactly what you are rambling on about.

Maybe so. But the fact remains there is no need for an 11th NSW team.

_Johnsy

Referee
You are assuming all Jets fans will be coming from Ipswich. I'm sure plenty will take advantage of the free public transport from Ipswich. But I am also sure that most fans will be Brisbane people looking for a team other than the Broncos to support.

Whatever happens it has to be WA and QLD.

And would prolong the interest.

Based on what. You attempt to denigrate anyone who offers their opinion, but all you offer is exactly the same. You are quickly taking the shape of a hypocrite.

Is there any chance you could actually address points posters raise with you (excluding thoughtless one liners) have the balls not to dodge a point raised.

Maybe so. But the fact remains there is no need for an 11th NSW team.

I'm looking forward to seeing these "facts".

Last edited:

Talons

Juniors
But there is no need for an 11th NSW team.

I'm not paying to much attention to other opinions bobmar, when I bought my last house at auction I didn't run around beforehand talking up my bid.
The submissions are very similar in that sense, if the CC was a fait accompli then they'd already be locked in by now.

franklin2323

Immortal
Just out of interest what are the AFL doing about that situation with the Suns starting this year and GWS next year. Will they have a bye? Does anyone know?

They will but wont have a bye when they are going for the TV rights. That's the point we need the 9 games for the whole deal for it to be worthwhile

Latest posts