What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

BDGS

Bench
The IC should ask the nine network where they would like to see any new teams. That would give some indication where teams should go.

That is the funniest thing i have ever read about NRL expansion. The Next TV deal will assure that whatever FTA channel that gets the next TV rights deal will have less input into the NRL (draws, times, teams) then ever before. Channel 9 at the moment are favorites to lose the rights. Why would they ask channel 9? lmao.

Be careful what you wish for. If you keep talking up the CQ bid like that the IC might just go for them. Whatever happens it has to be WA and QLD.

People have to stop thinking about it in terms of QLD and NSW. The NRL have stated many times they are not going to do what they have done in the past and what other codes are doing and failing at now and put 'dots on a map'. Therefore straight away any argument about expansion that brings up any state in its argument is one not worth arguing. What is wroth arguing though is the three current NRL bids and the one bid trying to get off the ground. Location is not important to expansion, the only thing that counts is the community. If there is enough of a community push and the bid has a strong business plan that engages the community, fans, locals and kids as well as being able to attract more sponsors to the game and a overall adding to the game.

IMO, there is only two current bids that can do all that and those two bids will enter the competition in 2013.

And would prolong the interest.

And make liars out of themselves.

Maybe so. But the fact remains there is no need for an 11th NSW team.

That is opinionated, nothing opinionated by the very different of the word can be fact.

If that were the case i could start saying outrageous things like "fact is, Qatar remains a important area to put a team for the NRL survival long term."

docbrown

Coach
If it's a Live game they won't care. I read somewhere either Sat arvo at 3.30 or Sunday night at 6pm are the holes in the schedule.

With 9 games, I believe the most likely arrangement is

2 Friday games -
- Both live at 7:30pm on both F2A & F2A digital - then repeated/flipped at 9:30pm

3 Saturday games -
- Live from 5:30-9:30 on Fox, with 9:30-11:00 a delayed repeat of the 7:30pm games (or a live WA game)

3 Sunday games -
- A live F2A block of 2 games from 2:00pm to 6:00pm, presented back to back like NFL saturation coverage in the US
- A 3rd floating game on Fox either in NZ at 2:00pm (12:00pm EST) or WA 4:00pm (6:00pm EST) or rarely, in the Eastern States at either 12pm or 6pm.

1 Monday game
- A live game on Fox at 7:00pm EST

andrew057

First Grade
You are assuming all Jets fans will be coming from Ipswich. I'm sure plenty will take advantage of the free public transport from Ipswich. But I am also sure that most fans will be Brisbane people looking for a team other than the Broncos to support.

Well you can say "most" fans are from Campbelltown, so I guess I can say "most" Ipswich fans will be from Ipswich.

Either way the point is null, because the Tigers play home games there what once or twice a season?

franklin2323

Immortal

2 Friday games -
- Both live at 7:30pm on both F2A & F2A digital - then repeated/flipped at 9:30pm

3 Saturday games -
- Live from 5:30-9:30 on Fox, with 9:30-11:00 a delayed repeat of the 7:30pm games (or a live WA game)

3 Sunday games -
- A live F2A block of 2 games from 2:00pm to 6:00pm, presented back to back like NFL saturation coverage in the US
- A 3rd floating game on Fox either in NZ at 2:00pm (12:00pm EST) or WA 4:00pm (6:00pm EST) or rarely, in the Eastern States at either 12pm or 6pm.

1 Monday game

That sounds about right either way. extra game should bring more money in and as such 2 teams are needed in 2013

BDGS

Bench

2 Friday games -

3 Saturday games -

3 Sunday games -

1 Monday game

I agree, it seems that is how it will go. I hope they don't try to do what the AFL does sometimes and play the extra game on a Thursday.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Don't be surprised if the NRL ties up the stronghold of rugby league first e.g CC Bears and a QLD team, knowing this is where they know they will get the supporters, sponsorship and juniors before taking the game to other area's.

NSW can accommodate another team in it's regional area that being the Central Coast.

Can the QLD government afford to build another stadium after the floods? Will the QLD Labour Party get voted in again.

Still waiting why NSW cannot have another team. I have seen no facts only some bias comments from some Dog's fans.

Go to the CC Bears web site and it will inform you on vital facts.

The CC produces many NRL standard juniors, has a stadium already, the North Shore of Sydney only has one NRL team, the CC economy is gaining more $$$$$, the CC Bears will utilise the NSDRLFC juniors and the CC, has membership and sponsorship.

Also, many current NRL clubs take their games to Gosford knowing they will get fans to the game.

The CC is crying out for a team.

If the IC has any common sense it will include all four teams or at least informed them on when they will be entering the competition.

CC Bears for the NRL in 2013. Common sense and justice to prevail.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
Don't be surprised if the NRL ties up the stronghold of rugby league first e.g CC Bears and a QLD team, knowing this is where they know they will get the supporters, sponsorship and juniors before taking the game to other area's.

NSW can accommodate another team in it's regional area that being the Central Coast.

Can the QLD government afford to build another stadium after the floods? Will the QLD Labour Party get voted in again.

Still waiting why NSW cannot have another team. I have seen no facts only some bias comments from some Dog's fans.

Go to the CC Bears web site and it will inform you on vital facts.

The CC produces many NRL standard juniors, has a stadium already, the North Shore of Sydney only has one NRL team, the CC economy is gaining more $$$$$, the CC Bears will utilise the NSDRLFC juniors and the CC, has membership and sponsorship.

Also, many current NRL clubs take their games to Gosford knowing they will get fans to the game.

The CC is crying out for a team.

If the IC has any common sense it will include all four teams or at least informed them on when they will be entering the competition.

CC Bears for the NRL in 2013. Common sense and justice to prevail.

Isn't it obvious? We have too many NSW teams, we need more non-NSW teams before another NSW team comes in. Who cares about ticking boxes and being a sustainable franchise? who cares what support any NSW bid has? who cares if they are the only bid to ever be put on stand-by (and who cares that they were on stand by twice), who cares if they having backing from both state and federal government? who cares that 20% of NSW population doesn't have a team representing their area? who cares about the past? Why won't the bears just go and die off in some corner? who cares that QLD bids won't be ready by the time we need an extra game for the TV deal? Who gives a sh*t about the Central Coast, why don't those residents just all support another one of the Many NSW teams? who cares that that area that produces SOOOOO much Rugby League talent is now the target area for another codes junior system? who cares that the Central Coast has given so much to Rugby League over the years? Why don't Central Coast Bears fans and Central Coast residents go support another code?

Did i miss anything?

That site loses all credibility when it claims large areas of Knights territory as Bears territory.

haha, right!

mightybears

Bench
Isn't it obvious? We have too many NSW teams, we need more non-NSW teams before another NSW team comes in. Who cares about ticking boxes and being a sustainable franchise? who cares what support any NSW bid has? who cares if they are the only bid to ever be put on stand-by (and who cares that they were on stand by twice), who cares if they having backing from both state and federal government? who cares that 20% of NSW population doesn't have a team representing their area? who cares about the past? Why won't the bears just go and die off in some corner? who cares that QLD bids won't be ready by the time we need an extra game for the TV deal? Who gives a sh*t about the Central Coast, why don't those residents just all support another one of the Many NSW teams? who cares that that area that produces SOOOOO much Rugby League talent is now the target area for another codes junior system? who cares that the Central Coast has given so much to Rugby League over the years? Why don't Central Coast Bears fans and Central Coast residents go support another code?

Did i miss anything?

You're missing part of your brain possibly, as that diatribe was woeful.

BDGS

Bench
You're missing part of your brain possibly, as that diatribe was woeful.

I support the Central Coast NRL bid, i was just re-typing every half-baked argument posted on here that is against the Central Coast bid.

I have yet come across anybody with a reasonable and well thought out reason as to why the Central Coast should not have a team enter in 2013.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Since when is the Central Coast, the Newcastle area - looks like someone failed geography at school.

Why is it only about three or so Bulldogs fans are so against the CC Bears and there doesn't seemed to be many local Ipswich fans on this link.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
Since when is the Central Coast, the Newcastle area - looks like a few Bulldog fans failed geography at school.

Also have not idea about history and about fair gamemanship.

It's embarrassing they support the same team as me.:?

2 Friday games -

3 Saturday games -

3 Sunday games -

1 Monday game

would love to see the nrl make fox compete for their product by offering monday night and saturday night football to free to air and see what they offer.