What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

Considering that people put in the money for memberships regardless of the price already gives you an indication that the community will buy memberships as the seasons pass and as the population grows. It's not the same thing at all because people have already thrown money at the bid. Matter of fact many of the memberships are actually the $80 ones. Not discounting the 65 foundation memberships @ 5500 a piece. We'll be right.

As for the Jets, it's never too early to engage the community especially if like the Bears there is a pre existing fan base (norths for cc and jets qrl for jets nrl bid) I would have thought the bid team would have already initiated nrl bid memberships for the existing qrl team members.

On a side note: i've renewed my qrl jets membership.

as i asked this morning before going to work, is there a link to a break down of the memberships

Bro Bear

Juniors
Regarding the Independent Commission, the ongoing policy direction and the day-to-day management of the game will be the responsibility of the eight commissioners and the NRL management team, not the NRL clubs. The clubs will not be able to overturn a decision.

The NRL clubs will not be able to say we don't want so and so!!!!

PaulyTom

Juniors
and what are the odds for Wellington Orcas ?

Latest Odds for the next team to enter the NRL-
WA Reds- $1.25
Central Coast Bears - $1.35
Ipswich Jets - $2.00
Central Queensland- $2.00
Wellington Orcas- $200.00
PNG - $1000.00

Wellington have not put a bid together so not sure they would even get a pricing. I believe a team in Wellington or Christchurch could work. All they need is some backers and smart people to make it work.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'd like to see Christchurch one day, but I don't know how viable it is. I'm basing this on the good crowd Roosters v Warriors got there last year, and a hope for growing RL in the South. Plus a North v South rivalry would be good for NZ

BDGS

Bench
Latest Odds for the next team to enter the NRL-
WA Reds- $1.25
Central Coast Bears - $1.35
Ipswich Jets - $2.00
Central Queensland- $2.00
Wellington Orcas- $200.00
PNG - $1000.00

Wellington have not put a bid together so not sure they would even get a pricing. I believe a team in Wellington or Christchurch could work. All they need is some backers and smart people to make it work.

Are you making up these odds?

Pig Champion

Juniors
Is there is any reason why the Western Reds, Central Coast Bears and the South Queensland Sharks can't all be included in a expanded 2013 competition?

What idiot would name a new team the sharks when there is already an existing club in the NRL going by that name?

Imagine the chaos, Sharks v Sharks, Sharks beat the Sharks, "Go you Sharkies. Not you, the other ones".

flippikat

Bench
I'd like to see Christchurch one day, but I don't know how viable it is. I'm basing this on the good crowd Roosters v Warriors got there last year, and a hope for growing RL in the South. Plus a North v South rivalry would be good for NZ

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

In New Zealand sport, IT DOESN'T GET BIGGER THAN AUCKLAND V CANTERBURY
(The province that Christchurch is part of)

If we had the Warriors revert to being named Auckland wearing Blue, Black & white... and a Christchurch side in their traditional Red & Black (maybe with white to distinguish from the Bears) you'd have a classic NZ derby right there.

BDGS

Bench
What idiot would name a new team the sharks when there is already an existing club in the NRL going by that name?

Imagine the chaos, Sharks v Sharks, Sharks beat the Sharks, "Go you Sharkies. Not you, the other ones".

He means relocate the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks to Brisbane.

BDGS

Bench
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

In New Zealand sport, IT DOESN'T GET BIGGER THAN AUCKLAND V CANTERBURY
(The province that Christchurch is part of)

If we had the Warriors revert to being named Auckland wearing Blue, Black & white... and a Christchurch side in their traditional Red & Black (maybe with white to distinguish from the Bears) you'd have a classic NZ derby right there.

White is apart of Bears colours as well.

docbrown

Coach

Merge the Tigers and the Sharks and call them the Tiger-Sharks ;-)

Or merge the Rabbitohs, Tigers and the Sharks and call them the Rats.

Case closed.:cool:

Beowulf

Juniors
as i asked this morning before going to work, is there a link to a break down of the memberships

If you're after Club memberships totals, a fellow Bears volunteer got this from the Daily Telegraph about 3 weeks ago...sorry but I've updated the Bears number to the current figure. If you're after a breakdown of the Bears memberships, sorry can't help.

panthers 4761
warriors 4832
sharks 4873
bears 5180
titans 5441
manly 5468
roosters 6038
raiders 6191
tigers 6583
knights 8485
cowboys 9410
storm 10 360
eels 11 133
bulldogs 12 009
broncos 14179
dragons 15711
bunnies 18716

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
If you're after Club memberships totals, a fellow Bears volunteer got this from the Daily Telegraph about 3 weeks ago...sorry but I've updated the Bears number to the current figure. If you're after a breakdown of the Bears memberships, sorry can't help.

panthers 4761
warriors 4832
sharks 4873
bears 5180
titans 5441
manly 5468
roosters 6038
raiders 6191
tigers 6583
knights 8485
cowboys 9410
storm 10 360
eels 11 133
bulldogs 12 009
broncos 14179
dragons 15711
bunnies 18716

I think he wants a breakdown of where the memberships are sold or where the members live.

applesauce

Bench

panthers 4761
warriors 4832
sharks 4873
bears 5180
titans 5441
manly 5468
roosters 6038
raiders 6191
tigers 6583
knights 8485
cowboys 9410
storm 10 360
eels 11 133
bulldogs 12 009
broncos 14179
dragons 15711
bunnies 18716

I can't be critical of how well the Bears bid is coming along members wise but I am getting sick of Bears fans comparing their figures to NRL clubs. The majority of NRL club memberships cost hundreds of dollars. The majority of the Bears memberships cost between $20-$50.

Beowulf

Juniors
I think he wants a breakdown of where the memberships are sold or where the members live.

Ok latest breakdown I had was just over 3000 sold on the Central Coast, around 2,000 from mainly northern suburbs of Sydney, with a decent smattering from QLD, NZ.

Close enough to 60% Central Coast, 35% northern suburbs, 5% elsewhere.

In the last 4 or 5 months, 75% of the memberships have been coming from the Coast, so I would expect by bid/decision time it will be around 65-70% of members from the Coast.