What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Corridor NRL bid

QLD has only 3 teams to NSW 10 yet you expect me to believe that Queenslanders would rather see NSW get an 11th team and leave QLD with just 3?

Sure would. It is inevitable that eventually one or 2 Sydney clubs will fold in the next 20. The BEARS are my only priority when rugby league's concerned right now. To have my cherished team running out, that is an opportunity too good to pass up.

You wouldn't understand, you were never a BEARS supporter. QLD will get another 2 teams, possibly more in the next 20 and NSW only has one new team left in it's tank and that's the CC.

I think there are around 6 first teamers in the NRL/SL that have come through the WARL junior system at the moment. With the Reds being owned and run by the WARL I would expect a big emphasis will be on dramatically increasing that so that we have a strong WA player development system producing our own players. Unlike the Storm, who have largely neglected the VRL and jnr development in Vic until the last couple of years, we have been building this for the last 3 years and by 2013 and beyond should be producing more WA players to supplement those we attract from elsewhere.

Indeed one of our jnrs has just made his debut for the Roosters Toyota cup team, he amongst others should be developing nicely ready to return home in 2013.

The W.A.R.L >>>>>>> daylight >>>>> Jesus 2nd resurrection >>>>>> V.R.L. I predict the REDS once in the NRL to be more viable then the Storm within 10 years.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Sure would. It is inevitable that eventually one or 2 Sydney clubs will fold in the next 20. The BEARS are my only priority when rugby league's concerned right now. To have my cherished team running out, that is an opportunity too good to pass up.

You wouldn't understand, you were never a BEARS supporter. QLD will get another 2 teams, possibly more in the next 20 and NSW only has one new team left in it's tank and that's the CC.

If Sydney teams will inevitably fold, then the bears are stupid idea.

Better to have a team relocate there so they don't have to fold and bring in a team in a new area.

God this place will be a riot if they go for Perth and South West Qld, which they will do if they want the game to make money in the next tv rights deal for which the bears will offer sweet bugger all too.

Third Bugler

Juniors
It's a pretty fair trip to the city from Ipswich, even on the train from Ipswich Central to Milton. I've only done that trip once but from memory it was between half an hour and an hour. Certainly not far for people used to commuting and those keen enough to travel but it's almost like expecting the Titans to play at Lang Park. I think a second Brisbane team should play out of Lang Park, but this proposal isn't really for a second Brisbane team.

Footy trains are invariably all-stations, so about 50 minutes from Ipswich to Milton.

Fact is, it is utterly unlikely the state government will stump up the cash for a new stadium - and it pretty much has to be the Qld. Guvmint - without some assurance a new team will draw crowds of sufficient size to pay the stadium off in a reasonable time. Drawing crowds big enough to help pay off Suncorp faster would be a good indicator.

So Suncorp it should be at first. Has to be - no-one else is putting up a believable bid to build a new facility of the size needed.

If Sydney teams will inevitably fold, then the bears are stupid idea.

Better to have a team relocate there so they don't have to fold and bring in a team in a new area.

God this place will be a riot if they go for Perth and South West Qld, which they will do if they want the game to make money in the next tv rights deal for which the bears will offer sweet bugger all too.

1. CC isn't Sydney and the ccbears aren't a Sydney team.
2. How will a team in south qld make more money than a team in the cc, considering both are in rugby league heartland? Both areas already consist of rugby league followers. The bears have the advantage of luring back fans lost to the game. Both areas are abundant in juniors. Both areas can potentially have high corporate support. Sth qld from Brisbane and cc from north Sydney. Only difference is the ccbears already have that support locked in and signed on contract. Ccbears are already initiating programs with those juniors. And ccbears are continuing to gather new fans to the franchise and importantly members too.

3. Two new teams mean an extra game hence you make money regardless of it being Perth and insert team 2 being played on tv. The bears were one of the most watched football teams on tv during the 90s whilst the crushers, were not.

lockyrulz

Juniors
1. CC isn't Sydney and the ccbears aren't a Sydney team.
2. How will a team in south qld make more money than a team in the cc, considering both are in rugby league heartland? Both areas already consist of rugby league followers. The bears have the advantage of luring back fans lost to the game. Both areas are abundant in juniors. Both areas can potentially have high corporate support. Sth qld from Brisbane and cc from north Sydney. Only difference is the ccbears already have that support locked in and signed on contract. Ccbears are already initiating programs with those juniors. And ccbears are continuing to gather new fans to the franchise and importantly members too.

3. Two new teams mean an extra game hence you make money regardless of it being Perth and insert team 2 being played on tv. The bears were one of the most watched football teams on tv during the 90s whilst the crushers, were not.

1. Your point is well, pointless. It was the North Sydney bears you want resurrected. The central coast would accept any team. The CC bears is a stupid idea that just means swapping one group of disenfranchised fans with another when the inevitable other teams you alluded to fall over.

2. It isn't that complicated. Think about how many nights a week league is televised, think about how many Qld teams there are. Can you work the rest out for yourself?

3. It isn't just about an extra game, if it was we might as well promote the Runcorn High under 7's and enter them in the comp. It is about viewing numbers. The central Coast offers the least out of just about any suggested expansion team in this area. The vast majority of people on the CC already follow an existing NSW NRL side.

BDH

Juniors
As much as I would like to see another QLD team, I think it makes far more sense, financially, to have a Central Coast team. The Bears would be a great addition to the NRL.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
QLD has only 3 teams to NSW 10 yet you expect me to believe that Queenslanders would rather see NSW get an 11th team and leave QLD with just 3?

Wow your thick, Loudy is right, you only care about the postcode. It doesn't matter what the people of Queensland think, it doesn't matter what the people of the CC think, only the NRL. Seeing as the NRL only care about bids, the 2 strongest bids right now are from Perth and the Central Coast. Deal with it.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Wow your thick, Loudy is right, you only care about the postcode. It doesn't matter what the people of Queensland think, it doesn't matter what the people of the CC think, only the NRL. Seeing as the NRL only care about bids, the 2 strongest bids right now are from Perth and the Central Coast. Deal with it.

You are the one who is thick numpty.

If it was up to the NRL, they'd have forced a side to relocate to the central coast years ago. As it is, a South Western QLD bid will make far more money than the CC bears will for the NRL. When will you thick sh*ts work out that the NRL makes its money via tv?

1. Your point is well, pointless. It was the North Sydney bears you want resurrected. The central coast would accept any team. The CC bears is a stupid idea that just means swapping one group of disenfranchised fans with another when the inevitable other teams you alluded to fall over.

2. It isn't that complicated. Think about how many nights a week league is televised, think about how many Qld teams there are. Can you work the rest out for yourself?

3. It isn't just about an extra game, if it was we might as well promote the Runcorn High under 7's and enter them in the comp. It is about viewing numbers. The central Coast offers the least out of just about any suggested expansion team in this area. The vast majority of people on the CC already follow an existing NSW NRL side.

1. No. I want the CENTRAL COAST BEARS admitted. The North Sydney Bears are no longer in the top flight. The CCBEARS might have strong links to the NSBears. But reality is, they are two different entities. If the CC would accept any team then why is none there? Why was Cronulla's idea of taking half their games to Bluetongue dismissed by the NRL? Because CC is now Bears territory. We've been working hard on it. Others teams I alluded too are Sydney based franchises. CC is a NSW based franchise, not a Sydney one (Like Newy).

2. It isn't hard to get sponsorships? Establish foundations? You think just by putting a SQLD team in without the proper sponsorship deals or revenue streams will work? Without building members or equity? You're crazy. Regardless of 20 ,000+ fans turning up from Ipswich each week. Teams still need corporate or private dollars to fund them. If it isn't hard like you say why haven't Ipswich announced anything regarding it? Do you believe that all you need is numbers and they'll turn up? Crushers are a prime example of what happens when people with opinions and ideas like yours run a team.

3. NRL is the most watched TV code in Australia and alot of money in the codes streams down from TV deals/coverage/sponsorship air time during breaks. So an extra game a week is mainly what it's about as it means extra $$. W.A. with their unique time frame situation means games played at 7:30 local time, are shown live 9:30 on the east coast. CC and North Shore catchment have 1.2 million people or so. There are many BEARS fans who don't watch NRL. But will once/if the CCBEARS are instated. Also, even if some people on CC already support an existing team, I know for a fact most people in SQLD do too. If not the Broncs/Titans/Cowboys then people in SQLD already support an interstate team. So that argument is geniused.

If CC offer so little why are we deep in sponsorships? Why are we building our memberships up consitently and why is the interest in the CCBEARS elevating each week? Because the CC do offer something, in fact we offer a lot but people like you can't see that due to having your agendas and argue issues with no fact.

Last edited:

lockyrulz

Juniors
1. No. I want the CENTRAL COAST BEARS admitted. The North Sydney Bears are no longer in the top flight. The CCBEARS might have strong links to the NSBears. But reality is, they are two different entities. If the CC would accept any team then why is none there? Why was Cronulla's idea of taking half their games to Bluetongue dismissed by the NRL? Because CC is now Bears territory. We've been working hard on it. Others teams I alluded too are Sydney based franchises. CC is a NSW based franchise, not a Sydney one (Like Newy).

2. It isn't hard to get sponsorships? Establish foundations? You think just by putting a SQLD team in without the proper sponsorship deals or revenue streams will work? Without building members or equity? You're crazy. Regardless of 20 ,000+ fans turning up from Ipswich each week. Teams still need corporate or private dollars to fund them. If it isn't hard like you say why haven't Ipswich announced anything regarding it? Do you believe that all you need is numbers and they'll turn up? Crushers are a prime example of what happens when people with opinions and ideas like yours run a team.

3. NRL is the most watched TV code in Australia and alot of money in the codes streams down from TV deals/coverage/sponsorship air time during breaks. So an extra game a week is mainly what it's about as it means extra $$. W.A. with their unique time frame situation means games played at 7:30 local time, are shown live 9:30 on the east coast. CC and North Shore catchment have 1.2 million people or so. There are many BEARS fans who don't watch NRL. But will once/if the CCBEARS are instated. Also, even if some people on CC already support an existing team, I know for a fact most people in SQLD do too. If not the Broncs/Titans/Cowboys then people in SQLD already support an interstate team. So that argument is geniused.

If CC offer so little why are we deep in sponsorships? Why are we building our memberships up consitently and why is the interest in the CCBEARS elevating each week? Because the CC do offer something, in fact we offer a lot but people like you can't see that due to having your agendas and argue issues with no fact.

1. Again irrelevant, who gives a sh*t what you want? It isn't about you is it? There isn't a team there already because your Sydney compatriots are as ignorant as you are at running a successful competition and still think its 1908. If they weren't interested in any other clubs, why were the tigers and manly able to pack out the stadium?

2. Please, it isn't anywhere near as hard as you think. Certainly not when there are only 3 other clubs in an entire state to compete with.

3. It isn't a geniused argument you moron. I gave you a chance to work it out for yourself, but no surprises you were too stupid.

There are only 3 qld teams.

Most people in Qld on average will watch a a qld team more often than a nsw team.

Most CC people would watch a new south wales team over a qld team.

There are currently 3 qld teams.

there are currently 10 New south wales teams.

League is played over 4 nights.

A 4th Queensland team will equal far more viewers over a weekend than a CC team would. Hell a second NZ team makes even more sense, and I would readily accept the Orcas admission over an Ipswich bid for the same logical reasons.

1. Again irrelevant, who gives a sh*t what you want? It isn't about you is it? There isn't a team there already because your Sydney compatriots are as ignorant as you are at running a successful competition and still think its 1908. If they weren't interested in any other clubs, why were the tigers and manly able to pack out the stadium?

2. Please, it isn't anywhere near as hard as you think. Certainly not when there are only 3 other clubs in an entire state to compete with.

3. It isn't a geniused argument you moron. I gave you a chance to work it out for yourself, but no surprises you were too stupid.

There are only 3 qld teams.

Most people in Qld on average will watch a a qld team more often than a nsw team.

Most CC people would watch a new south wales team over a qld team.

There are currently 3 qld teams.

there are currently 10 New south wales teams.

League is played over 4 nights.

A 4th Queensland team will equal far more viewers over a weekend than a CC team would. Hell a second NZ team makes even more sense, and I would readily accept the Orcas admission over an Ipswich bid for the same logical reasons.

30th March, 2011. Due date to put in potential bids to the NRL. That's 7 months away. Have fun trying to lure sponsors, members and having a long-term sustainable business plan. Especially all under the Broncos and the still new Titans nose.

There used to be 4 QLD teams. One was superior to the rest, one was isolated and resource rich up north but didn't produce results for a decade, one kept changing names and identity and took 10 years to settle down, one ran at a huge loss, was badly managed and was brought in to rival the 1st superior team. 2 eventually got cut due to performances and lack of support. One of those was an absolute shambles.

The Broncos are the only QLD team to ever show stability for long periods. Titans and Cowboys have their own financial and player management problems. Titans have dropping crowd averages and will need another 3-5 seasons to pass to really be self sufficient.

Ipswich have no major bid sponsors, they have no members signed to the cause and over all have 0 funds to start this bid. They are badly behind other bids in terms of producing active work on their bid. A heartland team, as Gallop stated would come in with an expansion team, shouldn't be held on it's postcode. Rather it's merits and it's active showing. Being actively involved in the CCBEARS bid, I know our case is the strongest and most productive yet.

You said who gives a sh*t what i want? Well I say who gives a sh*t what you want. At least I know I have thousands of BEARS & CC fans backing me. I know we have the support. I could care less what you think. We're putting in more work then anyone else. We're not satisfied with what we've achieved. We want to be at the absolute maximum once our bid is sent in.

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
You are the one who is thick numpty.

If it was up to the NRL, they'd have forced a side to relocate to the central coast years ago. As it is, a South Western QLD bid will make far more money than the CC bears will for the NRL. When will you thick sh*ts work out that the NRL makes its money via tv?

It IS up to the NRL. Idiot, but they haven't for a reason. They now see the damage that forcing a club into something they don't want, can do.

Its plainly obvious that another Qld team will help with the TV contract, but where the f**k has the bid been? If the people of SEQ/Brisbane wanted another team so bad, whats taken so long.

Tough on SEQ, the Bears and Reds have been working on this for years, Qld will have 8 months work behind them by the time bids are due. Too bad.

lockyrulz

Juniors
It IS up to the NRL. Idiot, but they haven't for a reason. They now see the damage that forcing a club into something they don't want, can do.

Its plainly obvious that another Qld team will help with the TV contract, but where the f**k has the bid been? If the people of SEQ/Brisbane wanted another team so bad, whats taken so long.

Tough on SEQ, the Bears and Reds have been working on this for years, Qld will have 8 months work behind them by the time bids are due. Too bad.

Um no it isnt spastic, the NRL can't force a team to go there dumb arse.

When are you morons going to figure it out? If the NRL is serious, it picks the best option, doesn't matter who got in first, this is a business not musical chairs ffs..

lockyrulz

Juniors
30th March, 2011. Due date to put in potential bids to the NRL. That's 7 months away. Have fun trying to lure sponsors, members and having a long-term sustainable business plan. Especially all under the Broncos and the still new Titans nose

Not my problem, but suggesting it can't be done is utter garbage. the NRL should have decided months ago what were the areas that were in its best interest to add a license in, but the NRL is not well managed. Mis management doesn't make the CC bid better than one in South West Queensland.
There used to be 4 QLD teams. One was superior to the rest, one was isolated and resource rich up north but didn't produce results for a decade, one kept changing names and identity and took 10 years to settle down, one ran at a huge loss, was badly managed and was brought in to rival the 1st superior team. 2 eventually got cut due to performances and lack of support. One of those was an absolute shambles.

Care? How many premierships did the freakin Bernstein bears win? If they were so well managed why were they so easily booted up the arse? And no, please don't bore me with your 'its all Manbly fault', we already have rockin ronny to send us to sleep with his old man stories.

You can't do much about bad management, that is up to the individual clubs. If you are attempting to advocate that Queensland can't support a 4th team than I'll direct you to all the 'Broncos signed Inglis so we need one' threads and you can tell all your NSW buddies to stfu.
Ipswich have no major bid sponsors, they have no members signed to the cause and over all have 0 funds to start this bid. They are badly behind other bids in terms of producing active work on their bid. A heartland team, as Gallop stated would come in with an expansion team, shouldn't be held on it's postcode. Rather it's merits and it's active showing. Being actively involved in the CCBEARS bid, I know our case is the strongest and most productive yet.

It should be based on what is in the best interest of the code, which is money, and a bid here would make more money in the next tv rights deal than the bears bid, deal with it.

You said who gives a sh*t what i want? Well I say who gives a sh*t what you want.

It isn't about what I want. I wont support an Ipswich team, my team already plays in the NRL. Unlike you however I am sensible enough to see what is best for the game.

At least I know I have thousands of BEARS & CC fans backing me. I know we have the support. I could care less what you think. We're putting in more work then anyone else. We're not satisfied with what we've achieved. We want to be at the absolute maximum once our bid is sent in.

Oh yip yah.. tell someone who gives a crap sweet pea.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Um no it isnt spastic, the NRL can't force a team to go there dumb arse.

When are you morons going to figure it out? If the NRL is serious, it picks the best option, doesn't matter who got in first, this is a business not musical chairs ffs..

FFS, the NRL can do what they did before about 13 years ago and say "Listen, we aren't going to award you a licence unless you do this". Of course the NRL cant force a team to go there, that was my point. They only dangled the $8million carrot for a while for a team to move there, if they said "you move here or you don't play" they would have ended up with a South Sydney situation all over again.

The AFL couldn't do it with North Melbourne, when the NFL was formed it had similar issues.

And like it or not, the NRL, competent or not, will look at the bids put to them and see that Perth and the CC have the best bids.

The bids that would most likely make the most money for the game via TV rights would be SEQ and Wellington, but where the hell are they??

Not my problem, but suggesting it can't be done is utter garbage. the NRL should have decided months ago what were the areas that were in its best interest to add a license in, but the NRL is not well managed. Mis management doesn't make the CC bid better than one in South West Queensland.

Care? How many premierships did the freakin Bernstein bears win? If they were so well managed why were they so easily booted up the arse? And no, please don't bore me with your 'its all Manbly fault', we already have rockin ronny to send us to sleep with his old man stories.

You can't do much about bad management, that is up to the individual clubs. If you are attempting to advocate that Queensland can't support a 4th team than I'll direct you to all the 'Broncos signed Inglis so we need one' threads and you can tell all your NSW buddies to stfu.

It should be based on what is in the best interest of the code, which is money, and a bid here would make more money in the next tv rights deal than the bears bid, deal with it.

It isn't about what I want. I wont support an Ipswich team, my team already plays in the NRL. Unlike you however I am sensible enough to see what is best for the game.

Oh yip yah.. tell someone who gives a crap sweet pea.

I'm a QLDER, I've lived in Brisbane most my life and have many family & friends who are Broncos fans. So your assumptions are just ass with no -umption or substance more like it.

Bad management of the nsbears doesn't affect management of the CCBears. If you think it does then by your views the bad management of Crushers would be directly affective on the Ipswich/Sqld team. As would bad management of the original Jets.

You're a dumb ass. Go to uni and get some real world education on management, equity and business skills. Then maybe, just maybe you'll see things from a business point of view and realize that putting a team in a heartland with everything in place is immensely more cheaper in short and long run then putting a team in heartland with no bid, no stadium, no fans, no sponsors and all but 2 news paper articles describing their motives.

Yeah real smart buddy. You're a modern day Einstein, you should be a Noble Prize contender. Let's put in a team with no money or bid over one with both.:roll: Where both will bring the same value, same revenue but one is already active and the other is dormant and doesn't look like getting ready for another 3 years.

Last edited:

The Broncos are the only QLD team to ever show stability for long periods. Titans and Cowboys have their own financial and player management problems. Titans have dropping crowd averages and will need another 3-5 seasons to pass to really be self sufficient.

You said who gives a sh*t what i want? Well I say who gives a sh*t what you want. At least I know I have thousands of BEARS & CC fans backing me. I know we have the support. I could care less what you think. We're putting in more work then anyone else. We're not satisfied with what we've achieved. We want to be at the absolute maximum once our bid is sent in.

ha they were kicked out to protect news interest in the broncos.

So you want a team on the coast that is not part of sydney but you want its major backers to come from sydney hmmmmmmmmm so its a sydney team then? you are still competing in an over crowded market place for the same dollars.

Another team in the seq will bring in way more dollars even if they arent very successful on the field. You see queenslanders are a different breed as long as it is a queensland team every queenslander will want it to be successful giving it alot of suppoerters who will watch it on tv.

The best thing the nrl did was kick the bears out the worst thing they could do is put them back in.

ha they were kicked out to protect news interest in the broncos.

So you want a team on the coast that is not part of sydney but you want its major backers to come from sydney hmmmmmmmmm so its a sydney team then? you are still competing in an over crowded market place for the same dollars.

Another team in the seq will bring in way more dollars even if they arent very successful on the field. You see queenslanders are a different breed as long as it is a queensland team every queenslander will want it to be successful giving it alot of suppoerters who will watch it on tv.

The best thing the nrl did was kick the bears out the worst thing they could do is put them back in.

No the cc is not part of sydney and the reason northshore corporations sponsor us is all due to the bears brand. It's a historically rich brand with much potential and people wanna b associated with it. Those sponsors initially came to us and jumped on our bid, not the other way around. They signed up because they wanted to. We never chased them. So we aren't fighting for dollars considering the money was offered to us as a sponsorship deal.

If a sqld team that isn't very succesfull still makes money then explain the titans being successful but have money flow problems and explain the crushers not being successful on the field and management and running broke?

The bears brand isn't competing for support, we have our own base of support. We'll bring back a large portion of that fanbase back to the game. Give families on the cc a chance to see their team on the coast.

If you think the best thing the nrl did was lose a league heartland for a decade, lose support from the north shore and cc which have approx 1.2mil pop. Cut tradition and history. Then that's just sad. You can't replace those people.

Last edited:
north shore and cc which have approx 1.2mil pop.
the cc has a population of what??? you cant count the north shore because its not a sydney side.

The titians may have cash flow problems but they still made a profit last year and as you know we are not talking about whether or not the club makes money but what it adds to the next television deal and a seq team will add more than a cc team.

And what you say about the time frame to setup for a new club is wrong they have the seven months to come up with a business plan then 2 years to implement it, which is more than enough time.

I think the cc should have a team but we dont need another team in nsw at the moment when there are better markets to develop.

Last edited: