What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are we going to talk about this off season!!!

jpaciocco91

Juniors
You can give me a red card if you so desire, but I refuse to leave the field.

Did you like the Village People image? Guess which one is you.

Southernsaint

Staff member
A quick visit from a post at Souths LU:-

Like the good old days in the 1930's -1970's when players used to chip in to help a struggling ex player. You see they used to get really bad injuries and there was no Medicare and stuff. They couldnt work to retirement and they would have to live in rooms and old dark houses. The Souths players would chip in and also go and see them, make them feel special. Saints used to do the same thing. Johnny Raper was really big on that stuff. You ever hear bad stuff about him, thats crap, he was and is a mans man, just silly for playing for the saints!

Haha, I enjoyed that, DaveQ...

It was funny reading how Saints and Souths players back in the day used to fraternise with each other after games, especially after kicking seven shades out of each other at the SCG...

Dave Q

Coach
Haha, I enjoyed that, DaveQ...

It was funny reading how Saints and Souths players back in the day used to fraternise with each other after games, especially after kicking seven shades out of each other at the SCG...

Cheers Southo, at the end of the day, they were all good mates.

According to big Ben Smith over at Parra, the modern player doesnt get to spend enough time with players from other clubs.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Hi Guys, Im on hollidays up mid north coast, got here Saturday and was pouring rain, Unloaded all the gear and clothes and most were soaked and had to dry everything, sunday we had morning Brekkie & coffee at Forster and did some shopping, just relaxed.
Monday we tried to do some Tube skiing but couldnt find the location for it, so we managed to to do a little fish sesh, got 4 x 38cm whiting, two bream and I dropped a nice Flatie, all caught along the oyster lease.
had dinner out and headed back to our holliday house.
Tuesday I met a lovely chap Dale and the guy is a mad keen fisho, we got talking and decided we would go for a snapper sesh but was too windy, we even waited till 6pm and then decided against it.
Wed we went Tubing in smiths Lake and Boy didnt we have fun, we crashed out as soon as we got home.
Thursday Morning I caught up with my mate Dale and he says lets go for a Flattie sesh and I said we havent got bait, he says done worry I have some, so no mucking around we took off, 15min straight out, yeah His got bate allright, stunck, like #!#*t put a couple of peices on his kooks and down it goes and up it comes with a flathead on it, cuts it up into strips and says theres our bait, Ok I thought, Baited up and MAN the best flat head bait, FLATHEAD STRIPS! we got 27 in 1 & 1/2 hours, two Bigest were 68cm and 65cm.
we got back in and and Dale says were still going snapper fishing tonight and what I going to say NO, hah NO way Im In, we cleaned the fish had a late lunch and headed straight back out and man, yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it was a cowboy sesh, the guy is nannas, we fished hard up against rocks and close to bombies, I still have my skid marks but tell you what, it was damm funn and I wouldnt do this on my own or anybody but this guy knew what he was doing, 13 snapper in 2 hours .
Got back in cleaned all the fish and drank all night.
Friday I was smashed and slept all day, saturday had to pack and we were headed down to Nabiac to visit my niece and Dale shows up, lets go for one more sesh he says, the missus was not impressed, Dale then said only for an hour, I took off before my missus could get a word in, 15 min out, 6 Flathead in 1/2 hour and 15 min back in, now that what I call hit and run sesh, we would have got more but the the current was running too fast, just as well as we might have stayed longer, now that would got me in hot water.
Today is sunday and we are in Nabiac, tonight I will be in hawks nest and Promised my Lovely wife I would spend more time whith her and the Boys (Dale has my Phone number)Lets see what happens and I hope I give you guys another great report.
PS I then got a phone call from Jim and George telling me about there fishing sesions, can wait to get back and fish some more, Please!
Happy new year guys & Girls.
regards Basil
sealrockssnapper003-1.jpg

sealrockssnapper001-1.jpg

forstersssnaper.jpg

forstersnapper.jpg

forsterssnaper.jpg

Last edited:

Fein

First Grade
Mate, that is a sensational catch.

My two favourite fish, Flathead and Snapper.

Well done!!!!

Fein

First Grade
green and red gulps + fresh caught squid strips did the Damage on the snapper\\\\:D/

I told ya that!!!! ;-)

Rabbitoh gulps man - they can't be beaten.

I assume you used the 7'' variety?

Did you use a burley trail?

What depth were you in?

Any pinnacles?

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I told ya that!!!! ;-)

Rabbitoh gulps man - they can't be beaten.

I assume you used the 7'' variety?

Did you use a burley trail?

What depth were you in?

Any pinnacles?
yep 7inch and they didnt touch the bown colours.
Pilchard cubes.
30 or so meters in the current away from rocks and against rock + near the Bomies it may have been around 5 to 10 meters.

Fein

First Grade
yep 7inch and they didnt touch the bown colours.
Pilchard cubes.
30 or so meters in the current away from rocks and against rock + near the Bomies it may have been around 5 to 10 meters.

Bizarre isn't it about the other colours!! :crazy::crazy:

My father in law is a gun trout/river fisherman and he swears blind that fish like orange/red coloured gear.

Good work LD.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
omg no more fishing talk please!!!!!!!!!!

ok.. lets change topic..

can anyone come up with a better definition of accounting than this..

accounting is the pracitce and body of knowledge concerned primarily with (1) methods for recording transactions, (2) keeping financial records, (3) performing internal audits, (4) reporting and analyzing financial information to the management, and (5) advising on taxation matters. it is a systematic process of identifying, recording, measuring, classifying, verifying, summarizing, interpreting and communicating financial information. it reveals profit or loss for a given period, and the value and nature of a firm's assets, liabilities and owners' equity. accounting provides information on the (1) resources available to a firm, (2) the means employed to finance those resources, and (3) the results achieved through their use.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Ooooh, the older boy is pretty good lookin' hahaha
Ha Ha, thats my older boy, his a premier legue soccer player, has played for Five dock wonderers as a half back in in rugby legue and they wanted him back for reps but has decided he wants to play soccer, you can view his profile on face book:D looks like he gets his looks and Brains from his Mum.
Dimitri Daaboul wants to pursue a Medical science degree.
here are some of his achievments http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=dimitri+daaboul&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=UTF-8

Last edited:
Ha Ha, thats my older boy, his a premier legue soccer player, has played for Five dock wonderers as a half back in in rugby legue and they wanted him back for reps but has decided he wants to play soccer, you can view his profile on face book:D looks like he gets his looks and Brains from his Mum.
Dimitri Daaboul wants to pursue a Medical science degree.
here are some of his achievments http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=dimitri+daaboul&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=UTF-8

Ahaha

thanks but no thanks...thats a bit stalkerish :p

Latest posts