What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

mave

Coach
There is enough outright fail in this thread to sustain me all of the NRL off-season.
Keep the lols coming, fools.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
He is on the plane to Detroit.

If SF promote him from the PS it could lock him in for next year. If he is on PS at the end of the season any team could sign him
If he is in the 53 they cannot and he can remain a 49er.

Hope he gets in the game this week.

Now he can never be signed to a PS again. Unless he's in the 53 next year, he's a FA anyway.

Baffling move to play him these last two games IMO. If he stays on the PS, the 49ers get to keep eyes off him and in all eventuality hold onto him in the PS until they're comfortable. Now, they've forced themselves to keep him in the 53 next year to hold onto him.

Nothing that coaching staff has done has made sense, hence why they've got the boot. The franchise is a mess. Interesting times for Hayne ahead, his risk of missing out on a contract for 2016 is actually now higher due to him playing the last couple of games, especially with a coaching change. I guess that's what you get for hiring a defensive line coach as a head coach.

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
:)

The reasons why on principal I won't watch A-Football are because you have to be tall to be a QB, C Cronk and A Johns would have bn told they're too short to be a QB. The use of the helmet as a weapon, and their tackling techniques. I watch some RU though, well as I don't have much of a life.

Is that why you also don't watch soccer, basketball, baseball or hockey, because Cronk and Johns aren't suited for those sports?

QB and a half in league are nothing alike, what sort of special idiot thinks either player from their relative sports could code change and be a success there? They don't even throw a ball in the same manner, let alone the same direction.

sandshark

Bench
no surprise about leaving NFL but good on him for giving it a crack.

It will be interesting to see where he goes IF he decides to return.

Danish

Referee
Joining the Fijian 7s side for the Olympics apparently.

they would be a great chance for the gold. Our dumbass country refuses to use any actual good players and just olays useless amateurs, so it's a pretty open comp

POPEYE

Coach
Nothing to do with RL but again I ask if Australia wants to win 'gold' in the Olympics why not send Holmes and players like him on a pilgrimage. My bet is the Haynes' 'retirement' is a necessary subterfuge to fill in spare time

spinnerhowland

Juniors
His Dad is Fijian so he can get it. And I would not be surprised if the Fijians make the RWC that Hayne will play Union after the Olympics. That allows him to be picked by the Wallabys, and if not then the Fijians. I am sure the idea of being an NRL player, RLWC player (And winner), an NFL player, an Olympics Player (and you have got to think Fiji has a shot at a medal) and a RWC player. He would be the only one in the world to have done that, and I imagine that appeals to him

mxlegend99

Referee
I feel like he would only retire from the NFL if he knew he couldn't go any further than he has. No way it's about this opportunity being better. It's about it being possible.

He really doesn't seem to give a shit about coming back here though.

BranVan3000

Coach
His Dad is Fijian so he can get it. And I would not be surprised if the Fijians make the RWC that Hayne will play Union after the Olympics. That allows him to be picked by the Wallabys, and if not then the Fijians. I am sure the idea of being an NRL player, RLWC player (And winner), an NFL player, an Olympics Player (and you have got to think Fiji has a shot at a medal) and a RWC player. He would be the only one in the world to have done that, and I imagine that appeals to him
He can eventually be the first cross code player to never achieve any silverware in any of them

spinnerhowland

Juniors
He can eventually be the first cross code player to never achieve any silverware in any of them

I call a winning RL World Cup silverware. And Fiji are odds on favorites to at least medal at the Olympics. Potentially becomes the only player
- NRL
- RLWC Winner
- NFL Starter
- Olympic Medalist
- RWC (at least a player)

It will be many years before anyone ever comes close to that. Say what you want about it, but the chance of him achieving are realistic

Latest posts