What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

Last Week

Bench
I've wondered if it was just boredom too, but to be honest if it was his dream to play for the NFL, it doesn't say much for his depth as an individual if he can tire of a dream after a year in the NFL which was ultimately successful only in the way that Sam Burgess's stint for England in the RWC - namely that he got to play at that level.

As a sports fan it reminds me a lot of the Burgess thing really. Had some ambition to be on a big stage with more fan fair and he got there, but happened to be in a shit team and didn't have as much fun as he thought he would so he just decided "f**k it, this dream sucks."

Just really makes you wonder how well either of them thought it all through before hand.

Doesn't really matter though does it? Both could afford to take the risks, knowing that if they fail they could still have a good career in League.

strong_latte

Juniors
Doesn't really matter though does it? Both could afford to take the risks, knowing that if they fail they could still have a good career in League.

Yeah, they'll both be fine, but it makes for a shit story really in terms of their legacy. Means they'll never approach Brad Thorn status and just go down as talented blokes who dipped their toes in another pond, but hopped out when it got a bit rough.

--Storm--

Juniors
wonder what could have been if he went to the Seahawks.

I reckon if he was given a good go following that pre season he would have killed it.