What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The Amityville Horror: 7.5 out of 10
White Noise: 6 out of 10
Anchorman: 8 out of 10
Sahara: 7 out of 10

Going to see Hitchiker's tomorrow morning! :D

j_tig

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
Anchorman was terrible... :?

I love Will Ferrell but he was wasted in it.
:shock:
awesome movie! where'd u get a hand grenade from? i don't know! :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
I can't believe anyone could hate 'Anchorman' and then say Will Ferrell was 'wasted' in it. The entire movie was just one long Will Ferrell sketch. :p

I saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on Thursday morning. Top film.

8.5 out of 10

fosie

Juniors
Robots.......more incredible than the incredibles :lol: ....way more laughs too. I'd say 9/10.

NPK

Bench
Saw "In Good Company" today. I really enjoyed it - you can especially relate to it if you have ever worked in an office during a downsizing period.

Plus, Scarlett Johansson is one very very attractive girl! =P~

J-Man

Juniors
One of the best movies that I've seen recently was House Of Flying Daggers.
Saw White Noise last week, which was not bad, but not great.

I hope to catch Downfall this week, which I've heard is amazing.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Caught 'Kingdom of Heaven' today. It was good, but nothing great. Nowhere near 'Gladiator' in terms of quality. It looked great, and had some amazing battle scenes (but since the resurrection of the Epic genre, we've seen plenty of these). Orlando Bloom isn't nearly as convincing as Crowe was as a brooding, tragic hero. The Hollywood trend to hire a handsome lead (such as Pitt in 'Troy') proved to be the film's weakest point. Awesome support cast, but a lead I kept expecting to see surfing on a shield and firing arrows at top speed. Black hair and beard, or no.

Worth a look, but a bit disappointing given its setting, cast, and director.

6.5 out of 10

~bedsy~

First Grade
I saw The Life and Death of Peter Sellers the other night.
Not my type of movie, however I can see why Geoffrey won the Golden Globe for it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Saw 'Confessions of a Dangerous Mind' tonight. Pretty good movie. Dark humour is something I enjoy.

Also caught 'Requiem for a Dream' all the way through for the first time. Jesus, it's a depressing film.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I just saw "Team America" f**k yeah!!! I can't believe it's taken me this long to see it. One of the funniest movies I've seen.

There is just something about a puppet throwing up that's as funny as hell. I was crying by the end of that little scene.

Matt Damon

Misanthrope

Staff member
There is just something about a puppet throwing up that's as funny as hell. I was crying by the end of that little scene.

Matt Damon

While I wouldn't say it's the funniest movie I've ever seen, I did laugh my ass off during the movie, particularly in the vomitting scene you mention. The sex scene was funny as well, as was the 'bj' joke.

JoeD

First Grade
There is just something about a puppet throwing up that's as funny as hell
Have you seen Meet the Feebles? An early Peter Jackson classic. The puppets do more than vomit in that one.

I recently saw Closer. Thought i would hate it but it was very good. Although there was no actual sex in it still it was one of the most graphic movies I've seen. Not for the faint hearted.

J-Man

Juniors
I saw Downfall last week, and it was excellent.

It's the German film about the last days of Adolf Hitler in the bunker. Highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts