What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NZ Warrior said:
Daddy would like some sausage, Daddy would you like some sausages....

You see I have no idea what the hell that was, but if MUST have been genius! The Cheese Helmet, the Baboon Eyes...

My god I can't wait to get home and give it a spin again!

Sun_Down

Juniors
Melind and MelindaVery small release, Woody Allen film. It is a parralell story about a girl Melinda, the film flashes between the comedy and tragedy version of the same story. Allen's best in years. 4/5

Batman BeginsRefreshing after that disaster 'Batman and Robin', its everything I expected.Its not the original, but close enough.3.5/5

Phillips

Referee
Secret Window (saw it a week or so ago)

started off pretty good, but was too easy to predict.

Johnny Depp made it watchable

Batman Begins - Loved it, Best batman movie ever. It really delved into how Batman got his start .

Madagascar - What the hell is this tripe? Someone at Dreamworks obviously wants a quick buck. Shrek was amazing and to a lesser extent, the sequel, but this is even worse than Shark Tale. This movie just moved too fast and even considering the story logic, there's far too many areas unexplored. Funny but empty. Maybe I'm just too ingrained in Pixar's story telling ability.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Riding Giants.

Spectacular movie, doesn't show a lot of new stuff if you know about big wave Surfing, but still a great doco. Bit more about the outer reefs of the North Shore would've been nice, but meh. Highly recommend it, even if you're not into surfing.

Big Pete

Referee
Vanilla Sky...pretty weird then again I didn't watch the first 45mins or so.

Thought the ending was good.

choc_soldier

Coach
Frances the Mute said:
I watched Freddy Got Fingered the other day, possibly the most underrated movie of the last decade. Years ahead of its time, I don't care what anyone says.

Then you won't care by me saying that it is sh*t.

bluesbreaker

Bench
parra_panther said:

I like that movie, you've gotta be in the right mood, but it's good for a giggle, hehehe :)

Saw LA Confidential for the 2000th time, a masterpiece!

Misanthrope

Staff member
insider...how did you see Sin City, it isnt out yet in Australia?

A little thing called the internet, I'd wager.

I saw 'Arthur' for the first time tonight. Pretty disappointing.

Freddy Got Fingered was f**king awful. One of the worst movies ever made. Pure, self indulgent circle jerk sh*t

Saw "Bad Santa" on the weekend. Gross, excessive bad language but nonetheless very funny. Well worth a look. Cleverly written screenplay. Just don't mistake the name of the movie for something suitable for the kiddies, it definitely deserves it's M rating.

Sun_Down

Juniors
chriswalkerbush said:
A little thing called the internet, I'd wager.

I saw 'Arthur' for the first time tonight. Pretty disappointing.

Freddy Got Fingered was f**king awful. One of the worst movies ever made. Pure, self indulgent circle jerk sh*t

Ah yes, I posted my question at the risk of sounding stupid, but I thought, Sin City may have been released last Thursday. Anyway, I think the official date is around late July.

parra_panther said:

:lol:

No I can see how alot of people did not like it. According to the directors commentary it is half taking the pi$$ out of teen gross-outs and half just putting crap in the film for his own amusement. I respect that!

Watched "This is Spinal Tap" last night. First time I've seen this little gem since it was released. An excellent p*ss take and brilliant stuff. An adults version of "School of Rock".

I saw "Madagascar" ITS SOOOOOO FUNNY (if you're immauture and have a sense of humor) I was laughing soo much it was hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.