What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_tig

Juniors
Mad Dogg said:
I saw War Of The Worlds a week or two ago, and I absolutely loved it. Halfway through the movie I was just sitting there with a big smile on my face thinking 'How good is this?'. Perhaps my favourite movie of all time, and I'm seriously thinking of going back and seeing it a second time (which is something I've never done before).

The strange thing is, I don't really know why I liked it so much. :lol: There's no one thing that really stands out to me as being brilliant. Something about it just touched me.

i was the complete oposite. halfway through i wanted to get up and walk out. it was kinda a case of been there seen that

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I also found War of the Workds difficult to sit through.

It was all CIG graphics and not much storyline

j_tig

Juniors
much what i thought, and what stryline there was wed seen before - aliens attack, blow stuff up, family goes running, scared family doesnt know what to do... only difference was the ending which wasnt done all that well i thought

Sun_Down

Juniors
I know Iam a little late, but just saw Napoleon Dynamite, funny, but I had high expectations which were not met. Good enough though. 7/10

Misanthrope

Staff member
Saw 'Closer' last night. Awesome movie, if you can ignore the presence of Julia Roberts. f**k, I hate her

The only good thing about "Closer" was watching Natalie Portman wearing not very much. The continual swearing put me off and I can't stand movies where the need to use the f and c words just for effect. It made sense for the internet fix, but beyond that it was just annoying and tasteless.

But still, Natalie Portman. Very nice.

j_tig

Juniors
saw bewitched last night. thank god it was tight ass tuersday because i would have been spewing if id actually paid full price!!! so very boring, nearly fell asleep and the guy two seats down from me was snoring. best part of the movie was steve carral (spelling?) although theat might just have been due to me quoting his lines from anchorman...

choc_soldier

Coach
The only thing funny about Bewitched was Ferrell's character appearing on that chat show (forgotten the guy's name).

Booyah

Bench
I saw Sin City. Great movie. Very very well done I though. I can't wait for the second one to come out, but it remains to be seen whether or not they'll be able to do as good a job.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The only good thing about "Closer" was watching Natalie Portman wearing not very much. The continual swearing put me off and I can't stand movies where the need to use the f and c words just for effect. It made sense for the internet fix, but beyond that it was just annoying and tasteless.

To be fair, they stuck very true to the original play. Theatrically, there's an entire style based around shocking your audience - so the 'excessive' use of foul language would be more fitting there.

Sun_Down

Juniors
white pointer! said:
Seen the note book for some stupid reason. Its a chicks movie.

Its alright, infact, its good, its just so raved about, I didnt enjoy it that much, because my expectations were too high.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I re-watched Hudson Hawk and Gangs of New York last night. Really enjoy the latter, and Hawk is ok.

J-Man

Juniors
I saw The Island yesterday ($5 Tuesdays - bargain!), and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. Some of the chase scenes are intense, and Scarlett Johansson looks damn hot in it.

sjohansson.jpg

I'd give it 4/5
mptv1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.