What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread

Juniors
Well I just saw Kung Fu Hustle. Easily the most boring movie I've seen in a veeery long time, I was tempted to just shut my eyes and sleep through it but ploughed on and ended up wishing I had slept instead.

I told my girlfriend afterwards that I thought it deserved 0.07/10. That score stands.

Jono Russell

Bench
I watched SAHARA last night, I really enjoyed it. 7/10

Also over the past week i have pulled out some of the old classics.

Ghost: Love this movie very funny but sad at the same time (only movie that has ever brought a tear to my eye) 8/10

Dirty Dancing: Love the dance moves and the music, great film and great stage play 7/10

Top Gun: Possibly the best movie ever created, love tom cruise in his younger days 9/10

Days of Thunder: another awsome movie, the first movie i ever owned on VHS thank god i have all of these on DVD now 7/10

weasel

First Grade
Oldboy- Starts off brilliantly, shocking in parts (had to cover my eyes during the teeth pulling scenes), but it never really eventuates into anything spectacular, I thought the potential was wasted by bringing the villain out of the shadows too early in the film and his motivation was quite hackneyed as well. And for a film with the tagline '15 years in prison. 5 days of vengeance.' the hero seems to do very little avenging. 6.5/10

Friday Night Lights- Kinda like Varsity Blues, except not as likeable. I can't believe the movie runs for two hours because with all that screen time you think you could connect with some of the characters, but I wasn't able to find myself caring about any of their personal lives. Enjoyable football action, but too vague. 5/10

Aragami- Last night I stumbled upon this interesting film on World Movies. It was made in a week as a part of a directorial duel between two japanese film-makers. The challenge was to make a movie in that short timespan, featuring a duel between two characters, set in the one location. Pretty simple and predictable plot, but presented quite well. Only runs for 70 mins. Very enjoyable. 7/10

Jono Russell

Bench
Ha anyone seen Bad Boy Bubby?
I remember when i was young my mum wouldnt let me watch it she said it was too bad for me.

Now i have seen they have re - released it on dvd, is it worth a look now.

Generalzod

Immortal
Hotel Rwanda what an excellent film, it takes a lot for a movie to make me cry but this film did...
It's a bit like Schindlers list.

somethingwithjohn said:
I remember when i was young my mum wouldnt let me watch it she said it was too bad for me.

Yep, I've seen it. It's worth seeing, I think.

It's quite a disturbing film at times and very funny at times. A very, very, very dark sense of humour is required.

Mr Saab

Referee
somethingwithjohn said:

one of the more disturbing films ever made. Will never look at glad wrap the same ever again.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I just came home from seeing "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"
It's a great movie, Johnny Depp has done a marvellous job as Willy Wonka. He is so funny and has just captured him so well.

Tim Burton's sets are yet again amazing, as well as the great, fun score from Danny Elfman.
I'll be seeing it again soon that's for sure.

hrundi99

First Grade
somethingwithjohn said:

The critics like to say it's really meaningful but I tend to think of it more of a stunt to shock.

There is nothing really redeeming about it, apart perhaps from Nicholas Pope's bravery.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Today I watched:

Constantine: Enjoyable enough popcorn action flick. I'm more partial to it, I think, because the entire 'gothic' side of religion really intrigues me. Worth a look if you want a relatively meaningless but fun experience. 6.5/10

Finding Neverland: Surprisingly good. I'd heard good reviews, but wasn't sure I could find it interesting. It was wonderfully done, and had a terribly bittersweet ending. Well worth a look. 8.75/10

Bella

Juniors
parra_panther said:
Went to the drive in last night and saw Wedding Crashers.

One of those "funny in parts, flat in others" jobs.

Yeah I can't quite decide about Wedding Crashers.
It definately had some very funny moments and was overall a very enjoyable movie, but I just felt there was something missing. I can't quite figure out what though!

Dread

Juniors
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory had me grinning like a goofy kid the whole way through. Johnny Depp is truly bizarre... and the oompa loompa songs are f**king awesome.

j_tig

Juniors
just got back from charlie and the chocolate factory pretty damn trippy movie!!! good but, the mike tee vee oompa loompah rock song was the best by far!!!

j_tig

Juniors
yea that wasnt too bad, i just thought the oompa loompahs playing inmstruments and rocking out was hilarious

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just got back from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (well, I did about two hours ago). I absolutely loved it, Depp was infinitely better than Wilder at the role (although they were entirely different characters, to be fair). Had me grinning from ear to ear, which is a rare feat for a movie these days.

Anyone seen the previews for 'The Corpse Bride'? Now that looks cool!

Godz Illa

Coach
Dread said:
Personally I preferred Veruca Salt's almost Polyphonic Spree-eque song...
I felt the Spree influence too, I even waited for the soundtrack credits expecting some mention of them or perhaps Tim DeLaughter, but alas there was none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts