What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I just watched "Whale Rider" (probably the last person in NZ to see it) with Witi Ihimaera, who wrote the book. I ain't frontin'.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
hrundi99 said:
Hellboy was good fun.

C&TCF was very good. A lot of critics are saying they think Depp is channeling Wacko Jacko, but I think they need to get their hands off it. I enjoyed the musical numbers and the Oompa Loompas were cool.
Was it just me or was there a touch of Bollywood about the Oompa-Loompas? (Deep Roy being Indian and all)
Anyway I enjoyed Charlie a lot. Going to see Wallace & Grommit: Curse ofthe Were-Rabbit tomorrow night, should be fun.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
My gf has decent taste in movies most of the time, although I did make the mistake of leting her drag me along to Legally Blonde 2 (shudders)

J-Man

Juniors
Just watched The Machinist.

Christian Bale is almost unrecognisable. Apparently he lost like 25kgs for the role. He then put it back on to play Batman.

The movie was pretty good - one of those strange dream like movies where things might be happening, or maybe they're not.

8/10

~bedsy~

First Grade
chriswalkerbush said:
Not to mention the fact Jonny Depp is an infinitely better actor than Gene Wilder
So true.

I saw "The Dukes of Hazzard" on the weekend. I thought it was great. It was so funny and Sean William Scott and Johnny Noxville were great.

Dread

Juniors
Red Eye.

Good acting, fun story, a wee smidgen of gore, improbably plot, Rachel McMurphy. Psychotic nutbag Cilian Murphy. Aeroplanes. Assassinations. Good times. Great fun for the whole family, except for the little kiddies.

3 stars.

j_tig

Juniors
saw dukes of hazard, everything i expected it to be plus more! knoxville+scott= comedic brilliance, great car chases, great eye candy and even an australian character! uncle jesses jokes cracked me up!
3.5 stars

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
SpaceMonkey said:
Going to see Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit tonight :)

If you're a fan of animated stuff, GO AND SEE THIS MOVIE!!! Nick Park is still god when it comes to animation, and the constant in-jokes had me pissing myself constantly. Plus there was an animated short featuring the madagascar penguins before the main feature. Would be a great movie to take the kids to as it'll keep both the kids and adults well entertained.

~bedsy~

First Grade
j_tig said:
saw dukes of hazard, everything i expected it to be plus more! knoxville+scott= comedic brilliance, great car chases, great eye candy and even an australian character! uncle jesses jokes cracked me up!
3.5 stars
They were funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts