What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~bedsy~

First Grade
chriswalkerbush said:
Just got back from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (well, I did about two hours ago). I absolutely loved it, Depp was infinitely better than Wilder at the role (although they were entirely different characters, to be fair). Had me grinning from ear to ear, which is a rare feat for a movie these days.

Anyone seen the previews for 'The Corpse Bride'? Now that looks cool!

I laugh everyday when I think of scenes from CATCF.... "lay me skin soul brother" :lol:

The Corpse Bride looks fantastic. I love Tim Burton, he is my favorite movie maker. I can't wait to see it, it opens here on Sept. 22nd.

Godz Illa

Coach
Oh I remembered another good bit. The little 2001: A Space Odyssey parody when Mike Teavie gets zapped into the tv. It was good cos the guys I was with didn't get it, thus I felt superior.

I just watched a Fritz Lang film from 1927 called 'Metropolis' that was bloody brilliant - waaaaay ahead of it's time and very captivating for a silent film.

I also rented out a bunch of David Lynch films for a bit of a David Lynch Marathon tonight: starting with Blue Velvet, then Eraserhead, The Elephant Man then finishing with Mulholland Drive - yay!

Misanthrope

Staff member
I laugh everyday when I think of scenes from CATCF.... "lay me skin soul brother"

The Corpse Bride looks fantastic. I love Tim Burton, he is my favorite movie maker. I can't wait to see it, it opens here on Sept. 22nd.

Haha, yeah, I felt so bad for Wonka in that scene too - he was trying so hard!

Can't wait for Corpse Bride, and glad to hear it's not too far off! :)

Phillips

Referee
the chronicles of riddik (spelling?)

plain crap, got bored halfway through and went to bed

~bedsy~

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
Oh I remembered another good bit. The little 2001: A Space Odyssey parody when Mike Teavie gets zapped into the tv. It was good cos the guys I was with didn't get it, thus I felt superior.

Yeah I laughed at that.
I laughed a quiet a few stuff that none else did, such as his dad's place when it was gone.

fosie

Juniors
Charlie and the Chocolate factory last w/e. It was funny and didn't drag on as long as the original one did. I liked it heaps.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Watching 'Sleepy Hollow' at the moment. Enjoying it so far, but then, Burton and Depp never fail to entertain me.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, Hellboy was an absolute waste of time. It got bemusingly good reviews, and when I finally saw it I was anything but impressed.

Misanthrope

Staff member
My God, why did you watch The Perfect Man!?

I just wrapped up watching Sleepy Hollow, and I really liked it. Depp is his usual brilliant self, and Ricci is solid as well. Burton never fails to make an enjoyable film, and when you've got the cast he had, it's no surprise that I liked it.

7.5/10

Big Pete

Referee
The Butterfly Effect- Made the mistake of getting into the film just to come away with a dissapointing ending...although it was something I wasn't expecting. 3/5

TooheysNew

Coach
fosie said:
Charlie and the Chocolate factory last w/e. It was funny and didn't drag on as long as the original one did. I liked it heaps.
I prefer the old one. The new one is too forced.

hrundi99

First Grade
Hellboy was good fun.

C&TCF was very good. A lot of critics are saying they think Depp is channeling Wacko Jacko, but I think they need to get their hands off it. I enjoyed the musical numbers and the Oompa Loompas were cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts