What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

First Grade
Went and saw Doom on tuesday. Loved it, easily the Rocks best film, and the kiwi actor who played Reaper was great. Fortunately the "in game" style scene wasn't too long and only made one appearance in the whole film for about 4 minutes, it was a well done sequence though.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Kiwi said:
Went and saw Doom on tuesday. Loved it, easily the Rocks best film, and the kiwi actor who played Reaper was great. Fortunately the "in game" style scene wasn't too long and only made one appearance in the whole film for about 4 minutes, it was a well done sequence though.

I saw it a couple of nights ago, thought a combination of big blokes and even bigger guns would make for absolute carnage.

I was bored sh*tless for half the movie waiting for The Rock to kill something, and I felt jipped about the in game sequence seeing as though it made up about half the preview, I was expecting a lot more.

Kiwi

First Grade
Sir Biffo said:
I saw it a couple of nights ago, thought a combination of big blokes and even bigger guns would make for absolute carnage.

I was bored sh*tless for half the movie waiting for The Rock to kill something, and I felt jipped about the in game sequence seeing as though it made up about half the preview, I was expecting a lot more.

I think alot more would have gotten annoying real fast.

As for the rest they had to have a story line, I thought it moved "fast" enough. It was a believable story line and there was enough action to keep most happy.

I guess it depends what you expected. I was hoping for a good believable story line, some action and not predictable. I got pretty much all that, you were hoping or expecting something completely different I think.

My wife picked up "Tip Toes" to watch last weekend. She should have read the plot summary on IMDB first:

"Gary Oldman plays as a crippled dwarf brother to a normal-sized Matthew McConaughey. When McConaughey's girlfriend (played by Kate Beckinsale) becomes pregnant, the pair are fearful that the baby will inherit the Oldman gene. Matters are complicated still further when Beckinsale finds herself falling in love with Oldman's character."

That says it all really. I wanted the 90 minutes back that I wasted watching this tripe.

Kiwi

First Grade
Eskimo Sharkie said:
My wife picked up "Tip Toes" to watch last weekend. She should have read the plot summary on IMDB first:

"Gary Oldman plays as a crippled dwarf brother to a normal-sized Matthew McConaughey. When McConaughey's girlfriend (played by Kate Beckinsale) becomes pregnant, the pair are fearful that the baby will inherit the Oldman gene. Matters are complicated still further when Beckinsale finds herself falling in love with Oldman's character."

That says it all really. I wanted the 90 minutes back that I wasted watching this tripe.

Moral of the story...

Never ever and I mean NEVER let you wife/girlfriend pick a movie without you present

Sir Biffo

Bench
Kiwi said:
I think alot more would have gotten annoying real fast.

As for the rest they had to have a story line, I thought it moved "fast" enough. It was a believable story line and there was enough action to keep most happy.

I guess it depends what you expected. I was hoping for a good believable story line, some action and not predictable. I got pretty much all that, you were hoping or expecting something completely different I think.

I agree with the in game point after thinking about it, could have got a little silly after a while. I was hoping for absolute mayhem and sh*tloads of explosions etc. A real late 80s action movie.

Kiwi said:
Moral of the story...

Never ever and I mean NEVER let you wife/girlfriend pick a movie without you present

True. Kate Beckinsale was good to look at but she would have needed to get her kit off (more than once) to make this one watchable.

Kiwi

First Grade
Sir Biffo said:
I agree with the in game point after thinking about it, could have got a little silly after a while. I was hoping for absolute mayhem and sh*tloads of explosions etc. A real late 80s action movie.

Whilst I do enjoy the late 80's style films, and own several, I think for a film to work in today's enviroment it has to have a story line or it flops. This film may flop, but it would have gone down worse without a story line.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bought and watched Batman Begins yesterday. Got to say, I loved it. 9/10 and up there with Sin City and Serenity as my favourite movies of the year.

LESStar58

Referee
Just saw Wolf Creek and it was a mind f**k and a half!

You are spared the gore but the real killer is that you are relaxed to the point that you know what ends up happening and just want all the nasty stuff to get started!

KevinArnold

Juniors
Napoleon Dynamite.

I did too, on Foxtel Box Office.

"Tina!, come get some Ham"

"What are you gonna do today Napoleon?.....Whatever I fell like I wanna do, God!"

:lol:

So random, it's funny.

raider_ktj

Juniors
I saw Flightplan on Friday night. It was one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. The beginning is just wierd, and the end is so predictable.

Craigshark

First Grade
I saw Flightplan last night aye.. Pretty crap movie. Pathetic acting, and it is just a weird movie..
I saw Doom a couple of weeks ago.. If you like the game, you'll like the movie.. A lot of blood and guts.. Heaps of action..

Status
Not open for further replies.