What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugged

Juniors
Meet the Fockers was better than Meet the Parents.

Older bods would appreciate it more though.

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Saw The Butterfly Effect last night.
Can't decide if I liked it or not. Could have missed it completely and wouldn't have missed anything.

jed

First Grade
I saw The Butterfly Effect a few months ago, knowing it was Ashton Kutcher, I went into it with very low expectations, but was actually quite impressed. There were a few twists that I wasn't expecting, and a few things I didn't pick up on at the time, I had to rewind to pick some things up.

nöyd

Staff member
Just got back from seeing Ladder 49.

Very good, I did expect a rehashing of Backdraft but it was an entirely different flick from that (seeing as Backdraft pretty much turned out to be a murder mystery).

I give it 3 clappy smilies :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dread

Juniors
Ocean's Twelve.

Good, perhaps not as slick as the first, but had some tasty little twists. Didn't take itself seriously at all, quite fun, good entertainment.

Three stars.

nöyd

Staff member
Oh yeah - seen Collateral too.

Not bad for a Tom Cruise effort. 8)

supersaint

Juniors
Watched The Incredibles which I thought was a good film although had the potential to be a whole lot beter.

Noe settling down to watch Back To The Future 2 ...WHAT A FILM!!!!

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Saw Meet the Faulkers.

It had some funny parts. I did like it. Hope they don't make another sequal though. This was enough.

Melstar

Juniors
I saw the Incredibles with my litle sister, but I couldnt really get into it, it was alright, but nothing overly special. They cleverly left plenty of room to produce a sequel.

Also watched Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mnd last night. I enjoyed it, though it was a little odd.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I've seen Meet the Fockers and Finding Neverland twice.

Rusty how did you think it was slow?
I loved it, I want to see it again.

Feez_Giggles

Bench
parra_panther said:
CanadianSteve said:
Spanglish. For a "chick flick" it was quite good. Adam Sandler plays a serious role pretty well - it's nothing like his other roles. The acting by the 2 lead actresses was very good too.

He was in another movie called "Punch Love Drunk", where he played a serious role. Yet to see it, but from the previews, looked pretty good - dark comedy-esque.

whatever u do, do NOT watch that movie, its not funny at all its just stupid. i am very very easily entertined and i did not laugh once in that movie it was just shocking!!!

LESStar58

Referee
i finally watched Dog Soldiers over the weekend....a F UCKIN' MAStERPIeCE! well written, good conecpt, wicked characters!

Also laughed my arse off for most of "THe Hebrew Hammer" (practically Shaft bt Orthodox Jewish). I'm not Jewish myself but I still managed to "get it"!

LESStar58

Referee
Godz Illa said:
Finding Neverland. Thankfully it has nothing to do with Michael Jackson or tracking down paedophiles. Also on the plus side is the great Johnny Depp, and the fact it is a wonderful movie.
Your forgetting the best thing about that flick...and her name is kate Winslet!

Godz Illa

Coach
LESStar58 said:
Godz Illa said:
Finding Neverland. Thankfully it has nothing to do with Michael Jackson or tracking down paedophiles. Also on the plus side is the great Johnny Depp, and the fact it is a wonderful movie.
Kate Winslet is the 3rd best thing imo. She is sexy though. Voluptuous is the word I would use.

ledzep

Bench
Captain Dread said:
Ocean's Twelve.

Good, perhaps not as slick as the first, but had some tasty little twists. Didn't take itself seriously at all, quite fun, good entertainment.

Three stars.
the funniest part in that movie is when matt damon starts quoting kashmir

i think i was the only person in the whole cinema who started laughing

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Saw A Very Long Engagement last night, absolutely brilliant film set in France during and immediately after WWI.
It was directed by Jean Pierre Jeunet who previously directed Amelie, and also stars Audrey Tatou. If this isn't the film of the year, there's going to have to be some pretty amazing films released in 2005.

the incredables was good. You can't always please every one with a kids/Adult flick.

Saw Team America I expectee better but in the end was worth watching.

LESStar58

Referee
Godz Illa said:
LESStar58 said:
Godz Illa said:
Kate Winslet is the 3rd best thing imo. She is sexy though. Voluptuous is the word I would use.

Mmm...her with all those crves...and me with no brakes!

I'd Hit it!

Phillips

Referee
watched once upon a time in mexico the other day

must say it was a pretty good movie :clap:

also saw Walking Tall, should have been more action scenes in it #-o

Status
Not open for further replies.