What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakihara

Juniors
Went to watch Alfie in the weekend with a female friend not knowing anything about the movie or who starred in it.

The movie bored the f**k out of me although i think middle age women would enjoy it since the whole cinema seemed to be full of them.

hrundi99

First Grade
L.P.P said:
Anchorman - funniest movie ive ever seen :lol: :lol: should be out at the video stores soon

I'm a big fan of Will Ferrell but Anchorman is the worst movie I've seen in years that I paid for.

When the premise is based in the real world you need at least one character who acknowledges the bizarreness of the other characters.

It was lame and stupid. And silly.

hrundi99

First Grade
Feez_Giggles said:
parra_panther said:
CanadianSteve said:
Spanglish. For a "chick flick" it was quite good. Adam Sandler plays a serious role pretty well - it's nothing like his other roles. The acting by the 2 lead actresses was very good too.

He was in another movie called "Punch Love Drunk", where he played a serious role. Yet to see it, but from the previews, looked pretty good - dark comedy-esque.

whatever u do, do NOT watch that movie, its not funny at all its just stupid. i am very very easily entertined and i did not laugh once in that movie it was just shocking!!!

Stupid? Wrong. It's not meant to be a comedy.

You're easily entertained? Try switching your brain on at some point. It seems you may be a little young to appreciate Paul Thomas Anderson's work.

You need to understand the complexities of adult life and relationships.

Boogie Nights, Magnolia and Punch Drunk Love. All great films.

hrundi99

First Grade
Recent viewings:

Ladder 49 - solid tribute to Fireys. Not overly sentimental and solid action. I liked the simplicity of it. 7/10.

Ocean's 12 - disappointing. I liked the fun of the original but this was a muddled mess. 5/10

The Incredibles - as a fan of Brad Bird (Iron Giant) and Pixar, odds were I'd enjoy this and I wasn't disappointed. It was funny where necessary, and smart, especially when touching on the celebration of mediocrity. Outstanding 10/10

Finding Neverland - very well done. Surprisingly emotional and a timely reminder of the importance of the imagination. Don't forget your tissues. 9/10

j_tig

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
The Incredibles - as a fan of Brad Bird (Iron Giant) and Pixar, odds were I'd enjoy this and I wasn't disappointed. It was funny where necessary, and smart, especially when touching on the celebration of mediocrity. Outstanding 10/10
went to see it with high hopes, left feeling dissapointed. couldnt relate to any of the characters - didnt emphasise with goodies and the baddy just came across as whiney! i'd give it a 5/10 - not bad but not good!

~bedsy~

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
L.P.P said:
Anchorman - funniest movie ive ever seen :lol: :lol: should be out at the video stores soon

I'm a big fan of Will Ferrell but Anchorman is the worst movie I've seen in years that I paid for.

When the premise is based in the real world you need at least one character who acknowledges the bizarreness of the other characters.

It was lame and stupid. And silly.
I agree with that.

hrundi99 said:
Finding Neverland - very well done. Surprisingly emotional and a timely reminder of the importance of the imagination. Don't forget your tissues. 9/10

I would give it 10/10.

fosie

Juniors
Saw The Inredibles. Yeah i liked it as well. Finally a good old classic funny cartoon movie. :clap:

Big Pete

Referee
Sponge Bob-Better then what I expected, however....what I expected was really low, 4/10

The Incredibles-I enjoyed it, Pixar can't make a bad movie, 8/10

Meet the Fockers-Better then the original IMO, 8/10

Secret Window-Though I saw it ages ago, I bought it, favourite film of 2004, Depp did well, plot was good, 9/10

Pulp Fiction-Though I missed the beginning I didn't mind it, nice humour, funny film, 7/10.

MysteryGirl

First Grade
I just saw Le Divorce. It was an ok movie. VERY predictable. very thin plot. Wasn't so stupid that I regret seeing it but I'd never go out of my way to see it again. I'd give it a 4/10

Melstar

Juniors
shai hulud said:
Went to watch Alfie in the weekend with a female friend not knowing anything about the movie or who starred in it.

The movie bored the f**k out of me although i think middle age women would enjoy it since the whole cinema seemed to be full of them.

the only reason any woman would enjoy this movie - Jude Law. simple as that really. I saw it Friday night and while I didnt totally hate it, there just seemed to be no point to it whatsoever. I left it thinking, what was that about?

Also saw another Jude Law movie last night, Closer, which also stars Julia Roberts and Natalie Portman. I really enjoyed it and think many others would as well. Its all about reltionships, attraction, betrayal and honesty.

I saw Raise Your Voice again too. its very cute, I cried (again) lol.

Big Mick

Referee
Hired out Anger Management, classic - I'm so pretttttttty. lmao.

Euro Trip - Hilarious!

Walking Tall - Disappointing

The Colonel

Immortal
Big Mick said:
Walking Tall - Disappointing

Thought it could have been longer, though I didn't mind it. They seemed to get to the end far too quickly without developing the storyline enough.

Watched Instinct last night with Cuba Gooding and Anthony Hopkins - that was bloody briliant.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Melstar said:
shai hulud said:

the only reason any woman would enjoy this movie - Jude Law. simple as that really. I saw it Friday night and while I didnt totally hate it, there just seemed to be no point to it whatsoever. I left it thinking, what was that about?

Also saw another Jude Law movie last night, Closer, which also stars Julia Roberts and Natalie Portman. I really enjoyed it and think many others would as well. Its all about reltionships, attraction, betrayal and honesty.

I saw Raise Your Voice again too. its very cute, I cried (again) lol.

I don't get the fasination with Jude Law.
I want to see Closer though.

I also really want to see Ray. It looks really good and I know I'm going to cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.