What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samwise

Bench
Parki said:
hated closer

possibly one of the worst movies of all time

by the end of it i just wanted to punch all the characters

jesus christ, there are enough self centered people in this world, without a whole film promoting it

0/10

Agree, what a pretentious boring movie that was. I couldn't sit through all of it.

At the moment i'm half way through watching Barry Lyndon again. Top movie.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Saw Ali for the first time.

It wasn't very accurate in terms of a timeline (which biography movie is?), but it truly inspired me.

The soundtrack was superb, especially "Tomorrow" by Sauf Keita.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Messiah said:
Saw Ali for the first time.

It wasn't very accurate in terms of a timeline (which biography movie is?), but it truly inspired me.

The soundtrack was superb, especially "Tomorrow" by Sauf Keita.

Good film.

Will Smith rocks.

aqua_duck

Coach
saw lord of war the other day, good movie, seems like a b grade action movie on the surface but has alot of meaning to it underneath which sends a very powerful message at the end.

Nice quote
"I sold Israeli made Uzi's to muslims in Sudan and communist made kalashnikov's to facists"

All in all Nicolas Cage provides some great one liners, very interesting message.
8/10

aqua_duck

Coach
Also saw Jarhead, its a movie you really need to be fully awake to watch, its abit like a cross between three kings and full metal jacket.
Jamie Foxx gives a good performance, but the whole movie is abit slow and relies too much on dumb humour.

4/10

Big Mick

Referee
Saw Lord of War last night.

Great movie. Some great lines in it and the twist near the end is great.

"The only army I don't sell to in the world is the Salvation Army".

Fibroman said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow grinder
anyone go and see hostel today?

Yes. Not graphic enough for me.

I used to like the odd horror movie when I was younger. This one was just sick. Horror movies are supposed to frighten, this one just made me feel like throwing up.

On a lighter note, I saw "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" on the weekend. Not hilarious, but some clever little moments in there.

Samwise

Bench
carcharias said:
I saw the Butterfly effect....
I need an explination please.... to settle an argument.

I think we're all waiting on an explanation as to why Ashton Kutcher is such a tool.

HevyDevy

Coach
carcharias said:
I saw the Butterfly effect....
I need an explination please.... to settle an argument.

It's been a while since I saw it but I believe that, after a number of possible outcomes turned out disastrous for other people, he made the decision that he should never have been born which was the only way things could work out okay for the rest ... or something like that.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
saw School Of Rock just recently, and admittedly, it did make me laugh a couple of times.

I want to see 'Hostel', does anyone know if its any good? (please dont put spoilers)

i saw the Brazilian film 'City Of God' the other night - absolutly brilliant, would make my 'top ten' list with ease. Go see it if you're not afraid of subtitles.

Eelementary

Post Whore
JamesWebster's#1fan said:
saw School Of Rock just recently, and admittedly, it did make me laugh a couple of times.

I want to see 'Hostel', does anyone know if its any good? (please dont put spoilers)[/QUOTE]

Personally - I thought it was crap. Some people feel I'm a hypocrite, because I liked 'Saw'...

But whereas 'Saw' had a story and situations which were different to those in 'Hostel', 'Hostel' is just one of those films that tries to put you off with excessive violence for no reason...

Some may argue it's trying to warn you about those sort of places...Meh...

Status
Not open for further replies.