What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcharias

Immortal
king kong

As i walked out a kid in front of us said to his mate...
"do you reckon it dragged on at all"?

My missus said ( loud enough for most of the audience to hear)
"If this f**kin monkey starts talkin, I start walkin".

Personally I thought it was pretty good but too long.

brook

First Grade
carcharias said:
king kong

As i walked out a kid in front of us said to his mate...
"do you reckon it dragged on at all"?

My missus said ( loud enough for most of the audience to hear)
"If this f**kin monkey starts talkin, I start walkin".

Personally I thought it was pretty good but too long.

I saw half of it (ended up having to leave, I hadn't realised how bloody long it was we left after about 2 hours and they still hadn't caught the bloody monkey.

I had been enjoying it even though it was classic Jackson (he just can't resist the gross-out scenes) but from what I saw it could have been half the length and you wouldn't have missed anything important.

I think I'll wait for the dvd before I try and watch the end.

Phillips

Referee
war of the worlds = very disapointing, i just couldnt get into it at all..the aliens just didnt make me think it was real

tom cruise was good in it though

hrundi99

First Grade
Phillips said:
war of the worlds = very disapointing, i just couldnt get into it at all..the aliens just didnt make me think it was real

tom cruise was good in it though

On the contrary I thought it was very good. It was well written, well acted, and Spielberg did a good job of challenging expectations.

I agree with you Hrundi. Awesome movie and, as much as I can't stand Tom Cruise, he did a fine job in the lead role. Built and maintained suspense very well and, in my opinion, created the feeling of helplessness against a vastly superior foe.

Yes, the aliens did look a bit silly and, at the end, given the way they were vapourising people at the start, you'd make sure that they were well and truly dead before getting within a bulls roar of them, but very well done.

I went into this thinking the translation from Victorian England, as in the original story, to latter day America would make it a typical Hollywood macho movie, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Saw 'Little Fish' on the weekend. After all the reviewers talked up this movie, I found it very disappointing. Weak ending that didn't really convey anything. Excessive swearing, a lot of it unnecessary, odious characters with few redeeming features and a farcical love interest between Blanchett and Nguyen (don't know the actor's real name but he looked a good 10 years younger than her); I kept hoping that they would all overdose at the end of it. I wouldn't imagine that this would have done much for property values in Cabramatta either.

Phillips

Referee
Snatch: Instantly become one of my favourite movies of all time. 10/10

The Boondock Saints: Awsome movie. 9/10

Watched Hotel Rwanda on DVD last night. Phhwoooorrr, a helluva film. Don Cheadle has come a long way since Boogie Nights - an awesome actor.

Disturbing, but brilliant viewing.

Dread

Juniors
Munich.

Brilliant. An absolute masterpiece. Action, moral philosophising, politics, Bana, explosions, Palestinian terrorists, Jewish terrorists, need I say more?

10/10

LESStar58

Referee
Munich.

Brilliant. An absolute masterpiece. Action, moral philosophising, politics, Bana, explosions, Palestinian terrorists, Jewish terrorists, need I say more?

10/10

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop it your killin' me. Munich was rubbish. If anything it strengthens the argument that the Israelis and the Palestinians are just as bad as each other. SPielberg needs to stop making sh*te like this and get on with Indy 4!

I just saw "Walk The Line". Phenomenal! The acting and performing by the leads was outstanding. Reece Witherspoon plays an autoharp FFS! The movie in all is a toe tappin' sing a long of a good time. I was singing audibly in the cinema! Dunno how I managed to get away with it!

The music stuff is cool of course (I mean "Cocaine BLues" at Folsom Prsion! AWESOEM!) but the love story is the centre of the movie! I think that it would have been so moving if either Johnny or June were still alive to see how the actors played out those who werre esentially soul mates.

madison

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
I just saw "Walk The Line". Phenomenal! The acting and performing by the leads was outstanding. Reece Witherspoon plays an autoharp FFS! The movie in all is a toe tappin' sing a long of a good time. I was singing audibly in the cinema! Dunno how I managed to get away with it!

I just came back from seeing Walk The Line. I loved it, and I also think i'm in love with Joaquin Phoenix. He was outstanding.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just rented and watched 'The Wedding Crashers'.

8/10. Quite funny, although not as hilarious as I imagined. Isla Fisher was good but damn her accent annoyed me. Worth a look.

Parki

Bench
i watched wedding crashers last night also

found it very dissappointing..... not really all that funny.... 6/10

Parki

Bench
saw walk the line last night.... it was good, though i couldnt really get into the whole johnny cash story.... i didnt know whether it was trying to make me feel sorry for him or what, and TBH i got bored with it

that being said reese witherspoon and joaquin phoenix give great performances, 7/10

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw Walk The Line last week, and I thought Joaquin Phoenix was f**king awesome, 17/10 for his performance, considering he was actually singing the songs, it was amazing just how like Johnny Cash his voice was.

Status
Not open for further replies.